Overclocking App available in the market!

Search This thread

dixxa

Jul 30, 2007
Neuilly-Plaisance
this doesn't seems to work for haykuro build :(

cannot create /system/debugfs/clk_rate/acpu_clk: permission denied

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv6-compatible
BogoMIPS : 383.38
Features : swp half thumb f
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 6TEJ
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0xb36
CPU revision : 2
Cache type : write-back
Cache clean : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown : format C
Cache format : Harvard
I size : 32768
I assoc : 4
I line length : 32
I sets : 256
D size : 32768
D assoc : 4
D line length : 32
D sets : 256

Hardware : trout
Revision : 0080
Serial : 0000000000000000

tehseano

Jan 23, 2009
So long story short, this has no effect on NON ADP phones, or just not the max frequencey? Is this of any worth to non adp users?

EDIT: Also, I thought you couldn't purchase priced apps on the market? Or is that just protected apps.

Last edited:

Zerodime

Feb 26, 2009
And yes you can't download/see/buy protected apps (but i'm not sure on that one)

My Problem is: With normal G1/ADP1.1 Firmware, i can set the speed up with the SH script, but my phone freezes when it tries to use that speed.
At the moment i wonder if there is a middleway from 3xxMhz to 5XXMhz (because it's running from the beginning on 3xxMhz)

dixxa

Jul 30, 2007
Neuilly-Plaisance
the well known person is partially right.
the current build of the stock android kernel does not handle cpu frequency scaling at all. it's specifically disabled. instead they use hardcoded values at hardcoded points to do it.
however, with just a little tweaking you can modify those points and values until you have a reasonable battery life as well as better performance, which is how my kernel patches operate.
setting it via debugfs has several downfalls. first and foremost being that the idle loop clocks down to a specified frequency, and the jump between 528 and the idle frequency is large enough to require switch PLL circuits to accomodate. that's not a big deal, except that the clock frequencies change several times a second under normal operation and every time it switches PLL circuits and voltages this introduces latency and inefficiency. not good for business. i modified the idle loop to use the lowest frequency possible using the same PLL that 528mhz operates on to avoid this, which is why my neocore benchmarks are 27fps instead of 25. ya, it's only a 2fps increase, but given what's involved with rendering a frame, that's a lot less cycles in normal operation meaning less wasted battery.

Teach Us teach us how you did this or how to enable dynamic cpu scaling.
I use many operation in parallel on my phone and it's kinda laggy. :D

ferrer

Jan 30, 2007
Heidelberg
Jf 1.42 rc33 here.
'528000000' works great and the speed increase is noticeable. Namely in scrolling the apps in the apps tab, also in web browsing using multitouch.

I am just curious about battery life, but it was already crap anyway...

thanks for this!

Boeboe

Mar 8, 2009
The phone changes your cpu clock speed on the fly. To conserve battery power it will only run at full speed when needed, so yes, it's a placebo effect.

ferrer

Jan 30, 2007
Heidelberg
As far as I can see, it will only adjust the speed back to ~'380000000' if I reboot or let it go to sleep.
Apart from that it remains at '5280000000' and it's consistent with the value in /proc/cpuinfo (~528 BogoMIPS), which I track. So I see no automatic adjustments happening...

vekexasia

Aug 29, 2007
For me it works for a while.. after the cat it works great.. but waiting a minute or 2 the cpu scaling goes on

wootroot

Mar 20, 2009
Glen Burnie
The phone changes your cpu clock speed on the fly. To conserve battery power it will only run at full speed when needed, so yes, it's a placebo effect.

so how come my FPS goes up in Neocore and Kid GBC when i increase the speed, but goes down when i decrease? I thought placebo meant i THOUGHT it was going up and down, not that it actually was? both apps are directly affected by the settings in the overclocking app

placebo effect or not, its worth the dollar imo, because my apps ARE running faster

exile20

Mar 24, 2009
I am really not sure if this works or not. I have a Haykuro 4.5 on a normal G1 and it seems that it is running faster but when i set a speed whether it be 122 or 384 or 528 Mhz and press home and then go back into the program it goes to loading and then shows 284 Mhz. My battery is going down quicker, now that is no placebo effect. I wish there was a way you can definately see what speed it is at.

Jun 15, 2007
this doesn't seems to work for haykuro build :(

cannot create /system/debugfs/clk_rate/acpu_clk: permission denied

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv6-compatible
BogoMIPS : 383.38
Features : swp half thumb f
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 6TEJ
CPU variant : 0x1
CPU part : 0xb36
CPU revision : 2
Cache type : write-back
Cache clean : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown : format C
Cache format : Harvard
I size : 32768
I assoc : 4
I line length : 32
I sets : 256
D size : 32768
D assoc : 4
D line length : 32
D sets : 256

Hardware : trout
Revision : 0080
Serial : 0000000000000000

AHA! That would explain it, I was kinda figuring that was what it was. Meh, glad I returned it now(Maybe Haykuro can get it to work in his build too, after all he did it for the apps to sd guys, not that I'd demand it or anything but it would be nice to have a speed bump, especially with the autorotate and such.)

wootroot

Mar 20, 2009
Glen Burnie
AHA! That would explain it, I was kinda figuring that was what it was. Meh, glad I returned it now(Maybe Haykuro can get it to work in his build too, after all he did it for the apps to sd guys, not that I'd demand it or anything but it would be nice to have a speed bump, especially with the autorotate and such.)

speaking of apps to sd, anyone care to help me with my recently bricked g1?

was trying to do this apps to sd process, well i finally bricked my g1, go figure

aim: guitaristchris24

still trying to figure a way around it

speoples20

Jun 10, 2007
speaking of apps to sd, anyone care to help me with my recently bricked g1?

was trying to do this apps to sd process, well i finally bricked my g1, go figure

aim: guitaristchris24

still trying to figure a way around it

If you can get into recovery mode when you turn your phone on you haven't bricked it. Just reflash rc33 and then do a wipe you should be ok.