[REQ] CWM.apk

Search This thread

TenEightyPee

Jun 14, 2011
Phoenix
OK. I have searched and searched. And I cannot post in Development forum yet. My i9100 was rooted using CFRoot. That installed an app called CWM. It is not the same as ROM Manager found in the market. Since then I have wiped and installed Cognition S2 rom and I do not have the CWM.apk that came with CFRoot. Looked all over online and all I keep getting pointed to is the CFRoot thread or threads talking about Rom Manager. Can someone link me to / upload the CWM that comes with CFRoot?

Epic-Emodude

May 24, 2010
Daws Heath
OK. I have searched and searched. And I cannot post in Development forum yet. My i9100 was rooted using CFRoot. That installed an app called CWM. It is not the same as ROM Manager found in the market. Since then I have wiped and installed Cognition S2 rom and I do not have the CWM.apk that came with CFRoot. Looked all over online and all I keep getting pointed to is the CFRoot thread or threads talking about Rom Manager. Can someone link me to / upload the CWM that comes with CFRoot?

Cognition S2 doesnt come with CF-Root kernel. To get the CWM app back you need to flash the CF-root kernel.

elrazerx

Sep 16, 2010
thanks for the link it will be useful

I have installed BAtista70 with angelom kernel
can I use this app to reflash CF root kernel or odin as the first time i rooted my phone ?

roman5566

Nov 4, 2011
hey guys does anyone have a mirror for this ?? i don't want to get this just off of any site i want to make sure it's the real deal... we should be very careful with these apps.

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
Attached is CWM Manager flashable zip (please change the ext. PDF to Zip - I changed it due to upload policy here)

and check wheather this one is flashable for your ROM, this was downloaded from Checkrom Kitchen for the FW version XWLA4

MD5 Checksum of the zip : eefeb8e1e57e2c76dadbd9aa4e53773b

thanks

Attachments

• cwm_manager.pdf
    299.2 KB · Views: 912

drelite08

Nov 29, 2010
If you had reflashed the cfroot kernel from chainfires post, it would have put cwm manager on there for you mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

sebarkh

Oct 7, 2010
Warsaw
Apps & Games
Attached is CWM Manager flashable zip (please change the ext. PDF to Zip - I changed it due to upload policy here)

and check wheather this one is flashable for your ROM, this was downloaded from Checkrom Kitchen for the FW version XWLA4

MD5 Checksum of the zip : eefeb8e1e57e2c76dadbd9aa4e53773b

thanks

The policy is for something...
It is very wrong to bypass restrictions this way.
It would be enough to point users to the appropriate thread...

roman5566

Nov 4, 2011
i'm staying with the stock rom (for now @ least until i figure out why i loose wifi), and entropy's DD for kernel...as otherwise my wifi goes bye bye... i just updated the modem to the uckk6 or uchk6, and i'm getting astonishing results with that modem in the chicagoland area... and i didn't loose wifi... now i tried to upgrade to the latest android version but then the wifi goes bye bye again.

p.s. i used entropy's recovery to stock quite a few times as i've used something from another forums and wifi bye bye (that same thing is posted on xda-dev as a tutorial)... so this was the only way to fix it that worked... and for some reason the only kernel that doesn't disable wifi is entropy's Daily Driver. anyways so i'm not sure why i didn't get the CMW.apk installed on my galaxy s2. hopefully this one will work. I think it's just my n00bness to custom roms that makes the WiFi disappear, hopefully i will get some more knowledge soon.

so basically my system now looks like this:
Android Version: 2.3.4
Baseband: i777UCKK6
Kernel: 2.6.35.7
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UCKH7

*** [ just the modem changed. when i go to latest android version i loose wifi ] * signatures: disabled in CMW

I also found another link for CMW.apk on the forums (different section) but of course it uses multiupload and it's not working.

p.p.s. another n00b question. do you guys think it would be safe for me to use a rom or will it disable the wifi again ?... and which rom would you suggest, something like entropy512 is using stock rom that is scrubbed from b/s... or maybe a different one, but i don't want to loose wifi as i'm on 2GB limited plan and that goes fast without wifi...

any suggestions.

Last edited:

roman5566

Nov 4, 2011
Sorry but I think I forgot to say thank you to all the people who replied.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts