[ICS][4.0.4][28/03/2012] ExROM 2.0 - New Impression !!

Search This thread

TheAggression

Jan 27, 2011
Color me oblivious but I've seen numerous complain and mention the mute/unmute bug in all ics roms. What is this bug? While on the phone with someone, will the phone randomly mute/unmute on its own or something?

hurtz777

Feb 11, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
If a rom has the mute/unmute bug you or the caller can hear static or tunnel voice and most of the time pushing mute then unmute will fix clear the call up. Has anyone tested 911 to see if it works on this rom? I would assume that it doesn't.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Color me oblivious but I've seen numerous complain and mention the mute/unmute bug in all ics roms. What is this bug? While on the phone with someone, will the phone randomly mute/unmute on its own or something?

What happens is, usually either YOU or the other person on the call will not be able to hear the other, it sounds weird, staticy.
MOST ICS Roms have it fixed now since there was a fix released a while ago.
Roms like, ICS Passion/Euphoria, ICZen, and I confirm that ExROM has it fixed so far. Some others too, but those are the most popular ROMS with it fixed.

Will this ROM support BLN soon?

Reactions: TheAggression

TheAggression

Jan 27, 2011
Hmm....Thankfully I havent experienced that granted its fixed. I'm coming from the latest version of Passion and love it but hate the battery life. I've been waiting on a 4.0.4 rom to come out because I heard that the battery draining Android OS bug is fixed. I'm going to give this rom a go.

Henchmin

Sep 5, 2009
Oakland
Wow...this ROM is smoother than Joe Paterno's hand in a high school locker room shower :eek: I keed I keed, we have fun here.

Really though, this ROM is great. Very smooth. Came from the latest Euphoria and there is no comparison in speed.

Thank you.

Panamon

Jan 1, 2012
With this update, can I just flash it or do I need to wipe everything?

It will wipe for you, no choice.
Has script that wipes as part of install, per the OP.

I flashed from 1.3 to 1.3.1 and it did not upgrade, it wiped.

No biggie. I backed up. Titanium, call logs and sms.
Glad it wiped for me as I was going to do it the lazy way and then was probably going to spend hours complaining on the forums that this and that does not work right on MY phone while working just fine on phones belonging to those that took the time to wipe. :D

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
It will wipe for you, no choice.
Has script that wipes as part of install, per the OP.

I flashed from 1.3 to 1.3.1 and it did not upgrade, it wiped.

No biggie. I backed up. Titanium, call logs and sms.
Glad it wiped for me as I was going to do it the lazy way and then was probably going to spend hours complaining on the forums that this and that does not work right on MY phone while working just fine on phones belonging to those that took the time to wipe. :D

OK, so no need to manually wipe factory reset/cache /dalvik etc? All done on installation?

Moped_Ryder

Sep 4, 2010
Columbus
1.3 has been very smooth for me, only bug I found so far is the swipe to answer is zoomed in and almost can't get it when receiving a call (3/4 of it are off the screen).

I'm gonna hold off on 1.3.1 since I cant find a real reason to flash it. 1.3 is working great for me.

Swyped, not typed, from my Digital Brick

Confirmed here too

When my phone rings the answer button is almost off the bottom of the screen.

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
chrome browser

Anyone successful in getting this to work/
I get some error about missing critical components on startup?
Edit: fixed

Also voodoo sound not working with this kernel?

Last edited:

Panamon

Jan 1, 2012
OK, so no need to manually wipe factory reset/cache /dalvik etc? All done on installation?

It did seem to wipe most data itself, apps were gone, but after I let it settle and rebooted, I got some errors so I dropped back into recovery and wiped manually.

When i came back pattern lock was gone and the standard welcome to android greeted me. I logged in and all my apps started downloading automatically. I let them finish and restored some data with Titanium but I like that, for the most part, they installed fresh.

Short answer is you should probably wipe yourself to be sure.
Since it will wipe most of the data anyhow you'd might as well make sure you get a clean start.

markinct

May 23, 2009
Hartford
Short answer is you should probably wipe yourself to be sure.
Since it will wipe most of the data anyhow you'd might as well make sure you get a clean start.

Having spent waaaaay too much time over the years re-re-reflashing, I now routinely wipe/factory reset, wipe caches and format /system. I then let phone sit for a few minutes after initial boot, reboot, then attach to wi-fi before logging into Google. If I have problems the next thing I do is repeat the wipes & format, reflash, then before rebooting fix permissions and clear caches again. Yeah, it's kind of a PITA to restore everything, but I think it's the best way to evaluate a ROM and give it the best chance of success.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

How's your battery life? If you've been on this rom for a couple of days and have 'conditioned' your battery per the OP, how long does one charge last? If you can, post a screen shot of your battery details, how you're using your phone (light, heavy, etc) and how this ROM compares to other ICS ROMs you've used.

Once I condition my battery I'll post my results.

Thanks!

MadNosf

Oct 15, 2010
I switched over from Passion and Euphoria ROM's and am very impressed with it. My only issue is that there is no reboot option (with power button) but not THAT big of a deal.

Also, i am not able to get into Deep Sleep yet but i just re-wiped cache so that could fix my issue.

GPS is still iffy but that could just be my device :)

Good work Developers :D

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
I switched over from Passion and Euphoria ROM's and am very impressed with it. My only issue is that there is no reboot option (with power button) but not THAT big of a deal.

Also, i am not able to get into Deep Sleep yet but i just re-wiped cache so that could fix my issue.

Look in the main menu, interface, power menu, click on reboot. GPS is probably your ds problem, turn it off and reboot with your newly found option

mikka06

Dec 13, 2010
Nice
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

You can able the reboot option: Go to System settings>Interface>Power menu and select the options you want to have in the Power button

As usual Dougfresh is faster than me :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Dougfresh

ioancr

Jan 3, 2012
I had today a call whith mute-unmute issue (the first one after flashing the last update 1.3.1).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-1.jpg

TAKE CARE, THIS ROM HAS A SCRIPT THAT WIPE DATA. DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR APP AND DATA (i.e. Titanium)

Features
    Code:
     - Based on Android 4.0.4 [IMM30B] EliteV8.0 PURE DROID AOSP GALAXY NEXUS PORT
     - ZipAligned & Deodexed
     - Optimized framework .jar & .apk 
     - Video Record at 720p without blinks
     - Integrated voice control, Gmail & Gtalk
     - SD in PC
     - GPS Fix
     - Apex Launcher
     - Beats Audio
     - FaceUnlock via CWM
     - More RAM mem
     - Optimized Services.jar
     - Restore fix
     - Sim contacts import fix
     - Modem Nexus S KF1
     - Change 2G/3G perfect.
     - Bars coverage perfect .
     - Perfect Airplane Mode.
     - Better 3D/2D
     - Mod TaskSwitch WP7
     - Mod tweaks (init.d)
     - Bravia engine (better quality videos & photo)
     - Notification Toogles
     - Wallpapers Update
     - Fix "r" virtual operators
     - Snake Battery Saver (GNex)

Screenshots:

Screenshot_2012-03-29-23-32-59-1.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-29-23-17-00.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-29-23-18-16.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-19-00-19-42.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-19-00-19-04.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-19-19-42-54.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-29-23-18-33.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-29-23-19-12.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-29-23-18-52.png
    v81.png
    v84.png

Known bugs
    Code:
       - Please report to me !

Installation instructions
    Code:
    Flash from another ICS ROM
       - just wipe data
       - flash
       - wait about 2 minutes on the first startup.
       - just enjoy ! :D

Installation of other kernels
      - In CWM, run Install ultimate_kernel_cleaning_script_v4_by_lippol94.zip [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1166954&highlight=lippol"]here.[/URL](Thanks to Lippol94) 
      - Install Kernel (Glitch, Kisses, etc..)
      - In advanced option, run Reboot Recovery (NO Reboot system now).
      - Reboot system now

Notices
    Code:
       --> [B]For battery life[/B]: I think that you have to calibrate your battery. 

- Run the device down until it turns itself off.
         - Turn it back on and wait for it to turn itself off again.
         - Remove the battery for 10 seconds.
         - Replace the battery, but leave the device off.
         - Charge the device until full and then for another hour.
         - Enter recovery and go to advanced -> wipe battery status. Apply it.
         - Run the device’s battery down until it turns itself off.
         - Turn the device on and charge for at least 8 hours.
         - Unplug the device, turn off, then charge for another hour.
         - Unplug the device, turn on, wait 2 minutes.
         - Turn off again and charge for another hour.
         - Restart and use as normal.

Download
    Code:
      - v2.0  [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?dh3yk5zp49emjlx"]http://www.mediafire.com/?dh3yk5zp49emjlx[/URL]
      - v1.3.1 [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?pfcc5dltjkybjyt"]http://www.mediafire.com/?pfcc5dltjkybjyt[/URL]
      - v1.3  [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?ytric9jb3kknnbd"]http://www.mediafire.com/?ytric9jb3kknnbd[/URL]
      - v1.2  [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?jmm4a8ra2sef32a"]http://www.mediafire.com/?jmm4a8ra2sef32a[/URL]
      - v1.1  [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?jv2o1jdtbbmw27b"]http://www.mediafire.com/?jv2o1jdtbbmw27b[/URL]

Change Logs
    Code:
      v2.0
       - Based on Elite v8 (Thanks for this). Framework really is 4.0.4 IMM30B. There're no more customization on this framework. So, no build-in Toogles and some feature now.
       - Include TweakZ v6.
       - Update apps.
       - Maybe mute/unmute gone (for my case).
       - Sorry, but wipe data now. We'll on a new base.
       - Keep report to me. Let's me improve this Rom for using daily.

v1.3.1
       - Update some 3D drivers from Nexus S.
       - Update libs from Elite 7.1
       - Settings work correctly (include Extra Settings). Reboot settings work correctly, too.
       - Update Phone.apk by sixstringsg. (Test for mute/unmute bug, please).
       - Logcat work right now !
       - Increase call volume.

v1.3
       - Update kernel subZero 1.0.1 build #34. Voodoo Color & Sound now !
       - Update Apex Launcher
       - Update Google Play [Unlimited]
       - Fix mute/unmute. (Thanks Nelson for Phone.apk fixed)
       - Update somes apps
       - I didn't test about GPS Deep Sleep issue yet. I think that it fixed by kernel. :)
       - From after this version, I'll try to make rom without wipe data...

v1.2
       - Change back to KB5 for connections
       - Change back to kernel subZero 1.0 build 5
       - New bootanimation.

v1.1  
       - Change based-on to Elite Rom (4.0.4 port from Nexus S).
       - Radio KF1 port from Nexus S. So make connection issues. 
       - subZero Kernel 1.0 build 21

v1.0
       - Initialization

Contact to http://www.facebook.com/hoquangthaiholy

Thanks to pwneman, artikeln, neobuddy89, Mr. Psycho,
    I focus to fix mute/unmute now. I should have a guide that you could flash another kernel in the future.

P/s: In next release. This is more fast and smooth. :)
    sorry, I'm busy all morning.
    Any bugs?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
    I haven't flashed this rom in particular, but with my experience from yesterday coming from Zen 2.2 to ICS 4.0.3, I had to make sure that I followed these steps for the easiest success.
    MAKE SURE USB DEBUGGING IS ENABLED BEFORE DOING ANYTHING :)
    1. Had CWM installed and ready.
    2. Downloaded the last stable version of CM7 found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1297792
    3. Made sure battery power was up to the max.
    4. Restarted in recovery.
    5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    6. Wipe Cache
    7. Install CM7 from zip on sd
    8. It went into boot loop, took out battery and restarted into recovery.
    9. Different recovery came up, reinstalled CM7 from zip
    10. CM7 installed and booted, updated CWM for 3.x
    11. Downloaded ICS Rom
    12. Restarted into recovery
    13. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    14. Wipe Cache
    15. Install ICS Rom from zip

Every time I rebooted to recovery I did it manually instead of from a menu. Holding the three buttons in other words. You might get a bootloop while ICS Rom installs, too. I just did the same thing I did with CM7 and popped battery out and retried. Worked like a charm. Now I'm running ICS. They say you can do it without CM7 as an intermediate, but I just got a Frozen Vibrant/Samsung screen when trying to do it. Luckily you can do download mode and restore factory from odin and retry again if you want. Hope this helps.