Update to 4.4.2 Kit Kat: Yes or No?

Search This thread

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
Are you sure you installed it properly?
Yes.
Thanks a lot for your thorough description, but I've used the purchased version of G2 Xposed already to my satisfaction for quite some time on 4.2.2.

I am not the only one having problems with it under 4.4.2
if you read on for a page or so here (from post #69 onwards) you can see others report that navbar customization fails in kitkat.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2528304&page=7

The only thing I can think of is that I did not take the official OTA but flashed the rom instead.
I'm not sure if this could make any difference. I have flashed both V50018 and V50020 roms and navbar customization had no effect on either.
So I went back to my 4.2.2 back up, just for the recents key.

Did you take the OTA or did you flash kitkat?
I'm surprised that it works for you as no-one else reported this in the Xposed thread mentioned above.
Earlier today I even opened a topic asking people whether Xposed navbar changes work or not, and whether they took OTA or flashed, but no responses so far: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723562

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Yes.
Thanks a lot for your thorough description, but I've used the purchased version of G2 Xposed already to my satisfaction for quite some time on 4.2.2.

I am not the only one having problems with it under 4.4.2
if you read on for a page or so here (from post #69 onwards) you can see others report that navbar customization fails in kitkat.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2528304&page=7

The only thing I can think of is that I did not take the official OTA but flashed the rom instead.
I'm not sure if this could make any difference. I have flashed both V50018 and V50020 roms and navbar customization had no effect on either.
So I went back to my 4.2.2 back up, just for the recents key.

Did you take the OTA or did you flash kitkat?
I'm surprised that it works for you as no-one else reported this in the Xposed thread mentioned above.
Earlier today I even opened a topic asking people whether Xposed navbar changes work or not, and whether they took OTA or flashed, but no responses so far: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2723562

As stated in my sig, I am using the flashed version of the leaked V50018 KK. You might wish to update both G2 Xposed (April 14 build) and the Xposed Framework (April 17 build or later). I absolutely guarantee you it is working here.

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
You convinced me that it is possible to get the navbar mod, so I uninstalled G2Xposed, reinstalled it, flashed kitkat rom for a third time, and navbar changes are actually working now!
Had some weird issues with the LG keyboard not being there but some reboots and cachewipes later those issues are gone too.

Edit: problems with the keyboard came back and persisted.
Got so fed up I flashed the Rom again, no more keyboard issues now.

The problem with icons for LG apps not showing in Holo launcher persists.
I've heard this happens with all third-party launchers.
Or anyone know a solution for that?

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ASW1

Dec 2, 2013
Staatsliedenbuurt
I'm glad you were able to solve your navbar frustrations. :good:
Me too, quite a relief.
I'm convinced though it had nothing to do with the G2 module or version of that, because it was the same for another Xposed module named "G2 TweaksBox" that basically does the same kind of tweaks. That also wasn't working.

Now tell me, do you have the issue with the icons of LG apps too in other launchers?

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Me too, quite a relief.
I'm convinced though it had nothing to do with the G2 module or version of that, because it was the same for another Xposed module named "G2 TweaksBox" that basically does the same kind of tweaks. That also wasn't working.

Now tell me, do you have the issue with the icons of LG apps too in other launchers?

I do not use any other launchers so cannot comment.

getmealive

Jul 1, 2010
Me too, quite a relief.

I have this issue where some LG app icons are not visible in other launchers such as Apex launcher, but LG app icons works well on solo launcher and TSF shell 3D launcher.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3 using Tapatalk.

gersonstandke

Oct 19, 2007
Brasilia-DF
Hi,

I purchased for my son, a new LG G Pad 8.3. I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2 recently.

But, after upgrade, I noticed that I cannot move apps to the external microsd card. This option is enabled in my Samsung Note 8 with 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).

So, I would like to know:

1) Is there any way to move apps to microsd ? In LG G Pad with 4.2 (Jelly Bean), this option is enabled ?
2) There is some way to restore my 4.2.2 Jelly Bean original firmware ?

Tks in advance.

Best regards,

Hugo-PT

Jan 1, 2014
Matosinhos
Hi,

I purchased for my son, a new LG G Pad 8.3. I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2 recently.

But, after upgrade, I noticed that I cannot move apps to the external microsd card. This option is enabled in my Samsung Note 8 with 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).

So, I would like to know:

1) Is there any way to move apps to microsd ? In LG G Pad with 4.2 (Jelly Bean), this option is enabled ?
2) There is some way to restore my 4.2.2 Jelly Bean original firmware ?

Tks in advance.

Best regards,
1°-Yes you can move apps to the external card in 4.2.2 with a few applications on the market. But kitkat is no longer possible due to the restrictions imposed by google.
2°-Yes you can restore to official 4.2.2. Gives a sneak peek here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ass-lg-support-tools-online-verification.html

Cheers
Hugo

Hugo-PT

Jan 1, 2014
Matosinhos
Hello does anybody know if 4.4.2 is available for the verizon variant of this tablet?
Yes there is, do a search ;)

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

People reported a brightness issue when upgrading to stock kitkat. You might wanna look into that.
I for example I am not having the brightness issue after upgrading to kitkat...until now satisfies my needs :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updating with root in place may not work and may cause problems. The IORoot method will let you root the 4.4 release based upon what I have read. The safest approach would be to either go all custom (install custom recovery, update to a 4.4.2 custom stock rom), or revert back to stock and then upgrade before rooting and then root once you have updated to 4.4 using the IORoot method.

I can vouch for this. Don't try updating with root. It put me in a TWRP boot loop. Fortunately, the LG Mobile Tool rescued it. Long process that would have been better spent unrooting and re-rooting after update.
    Guys what are pros and cons of updating to Kitkat? I am wondering is update worth anything?

Kitkat brings many new features, Plus you get new LG on screen keyboard themes, and the transparent when using other third-party launchers. Better manage the memory, and security fixes. Cons.. in my case I have not :D