cymod 9

Search This thread

Mental_Atom

Oct 5, 2010
Flitwick
ICS is faster than Honeycomb, no argument. However its fair enough that if you want everything working to stay with task until ICS is 100% stable, especially if you rely on your tab for work or whatever. So no point arguing over it :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

samwest39

Jan 31, 2011
right you are ics is fast but it is a little choppy task is smoth i has more time to develop than ics

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
even when they're obviously incorrect?
story forgot the definition of "opinion" for a second.:cool:

If you see this it was sent using my GT-P7510.

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
ICS has been more stable than 3.2 for quite some time now guys. Don't knock it until you try it.

Now, as far as trading off the camera (the ONLY thing not functioning in ICS) for ICS, that's up to the individual. Personally, I don't remember the last time I used the camera on my 10.1. That's what my phone/digi cam is for. So the decision was quite easy and I haven't looked back since.

Basically, Anyone still in 3.2 is:

A) Heavy camera user
B) Stubborn
C) Scared
D) All of the above

:p

admartian

Feb 17, 2011
ICS has been more stable than 3.2 for quite some time now guys. Don't knock it until you try it.

Now, as far as trading off the camera (the ONLY thing not functioning in ICS) for ICS, that's up to the individual. Personally, I don't remember the last time I used the camera on my 10.1. That's what my phone/digi cam is for. So the decision was quite easy and I haven't looked back since.

A) Heavy camera user
B) Stubborn
C) Scared
D) All of the above

I'm with this guy.

I always found it silly to use the camera on your tab (or an pad/tab device). Cameras on phones are FAR superior anyway.

Everything is working save for the camera.

Don't be scared. Jump in! ;)

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois

A) Heavy camera user
B) Stubborn
C) Scared
D) All of the above

Who said they haven't tried it? Its just not ready as a daily driver yet. Of course that's my opinion. Just like the above is your OPINION. Even though it's completely WRONG! :D

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm with this guy.

I always found it silly to use the camera on your tab (or an pad/tab device). Cameras on phones are FAR superior anyway.

Everything is working save for the camera.

Don't be scared. Jump in! ;)

Nobody said cameras on phones were not better. Of course unless your phone is older than dirt.
But try to video chat on your phone. PITA and you can't do it with cm9 on your tab yet.
There are a few more uses for the camera on a tab than taking pictures.
Your right about using other devices as a quality picture and video camera device. I don't use either much on my tab.
But again... More stable and faster than Task 14? NOT.
Again an opinion and yours is WRONG. LMAO :p

mchimney

Aug 15, 2010
Nobody said cameras on phones were not better. Of course unless your phone is older than dirt.
But try to video chat on your phone. PITA and you can't do it with cm9 on your tab yet.
Your right about using other devices as a quality picture and video camera device. I don't use either much on my tab.

Your opinion is wrong

Am I doing this right?

Now to be useful to the thread, I tried to flash this last night but got some p4wifi assert issue. I'm going to try again later today and post how it feels.

Currently on Romans build 24

admartian

Feb 17, 2011

Dude...why are you so wound up?

I don't think anyone said it's MORE stable than an HC ROM. Your own insecurities suggested that I'm afraid.

If anything, it was simply said in jest, and coming from a place that says "hey, there's nothing wrong with the ICS builds save from the camera, so why don't you try it?".

Calm down. There should be an age limit-license to be on the internet.

Jesus christ, some people...

Last edited:

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando

As far as stability goes, I have had much more luck with ICS over any HC builds. Camera not working is not related to stability BTW. Everything else in ICS is faster, prettier, and more solid.

Again, the camera to ME is useless. Might not be to some, including yourself. I do all my video chatting via my phone. I get tired of holding the tablet up (I hate bulky, articulating cases).

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch.

Doomweaver

Sep 23, 2011
I do use the camera for skype, qr codes and the odd picture and there have been times on ICS where I have missed it. I dont get why there is so much camera hate out there. Its been around for ages. If you dont use the camera shut up. There is no need to knock it on a device like this cos its better than it not being there at all.

That said I wouldnt go back to HC. If you arnt on ICS you are missing out on a better experience. Its that simple.

DiabboVerdde

Oct 20, 2011
Curitiba
I do use the camera for skype, qr codes and the odd picture and there have been times on ICS where I have missed it. I dont get why there is so much camera hate out there. Its been around for ages. If you dont use the camera shut up. There is no need to knock it on a device like this cos its better than it not being there at all.

That said I wouldnt go back to HC. If you arnt on ICS you are missing out on a better experience. Its that simple.

Agreed with Doomweaver. Skype and QR reading are major. Camera is not essential, but the hardware is there, right? why not take advantage of it then?
I'm living well without it using the CM9 ICS KANGs, but when camera works again it will be very welcome :) At the moment I prefer the incredible experience of CM9 ICS over my camera needs, but I'm positive this small deficienty won't last long.

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
Another app i use extensively on my tab is Visodon - face unlock - let's you face unlock apps - so when you lend your tab out, you can protect email, market, pictures etc with face unlock

works excellent on Galaxy Task 14 which i am happily using after trying out both Kang versions for a couple of weeks - to me the current ics kangs don't feel like they add a whole lot on the responsiveness/quality of experience i get now with GT 14 plus - so the incremental smoothness does not outweigh the usability i lose

Agreed with Doomweaver. Skype and QR reading are major. Camera is not essential, but the hardware is there, right? why not take advantage of it then?
I'm living well without it using the CM9 ICS KANGs, but when camera works again it will be very welcome :) At the moment I prefer the incredible experience of CM9 ICS over my camera needs, but I'm positive this small deficienty won't last long.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They're more stable and fast than task imo

cool story... :D opinions are pretty awesome. :D

Your opinion is wrong

Am I doing this right?

Now to be useful to the thread, I tried to flash this last night but got some p4wifi assert issue. I'm going to try again later today and post how it feels.

Currently on Romans build 24
    How do you flash this on non-io tabs?

Since we don't have fastboot...
    You can flash it with pershoot recovery. You just have to delete the first line in updater script, the assert line. Then it will flash. I have it installed and its nice, its the same as any kang build.
    This thread is funny.. I switch back and forth daily between Task 14 and AOKP #23 and in all honesty, ICS is faster in some areas and Task is faster in other areas.. Task 14 has the advantage of stability and Camera and ICS has the advantage of new features..

The fact that Task 14 (HC 3.2) is even in the same league / discussion as ICS (4.0.3) speaks volumes on how good Task's ROM is...

My .02