[ROM][N7105/t0lte][4.4.2] IllusionRom Experimental

Search This thread

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
I've test the new build, for a couple of days, and everything was running smoothly. The one error I kept on getting though, was the SD card had unmounted and then mounted again. And this happened rather frequently. At least every hour. So I did another flash, and now that error hasn't appeared since. Everything is running nice and smoothly and battery life seems to be fairly decent. Not having any audio issues at all too. ^__^

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
I've had this now as my Daily driver for the last week, and all I can say is wow. I'm surprised not more people are trying this. It blows all the other 4.2.2 Roms out of the water currently imho. It's fast, no errors, and the amount of tweaks you can do, is just insane. And to think this is marked as a beta. Just wow. Congratulations to the Dev for the brilliant job. :cyclops::laugh::victory::angel::D

Reactions: driodmaster92

Mickwa76

Dec 12, 2010
Zurich
Promote him by sending a donation. This rom also has the most support and updates.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

One thing I noticed is the minutes on the clock are a a bit out of place.

cad_2011

Apr 14, 2011
Melbourne
can i use this gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip or i need to use the Slim_Gapps.4.2.2.build.7.x.zip ?
any other things I need, not much info on how to flash this ROM. :(

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
can i use this gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip or i need to use the Slim_Gapps.4.2.2.build.7.x.zip ?
any other things I need, not much info on how to flash this ROM. :(

I've always used the slim gapps. I've read in other forums that you use the first mentioned gapps. But stick with the Slim ones.

Reactions: cad_2011

cad_2011

Apr 14, 2011
Melbourne
installed illusion2.1 beta this morning. did a full wipe etc, all good rom working. however, when i goto App Mgr and un-install an app, i keep getting and keep getting an error "stop working", i press ok and the app did un-install correctly. guess it's just cosmetic. that's my feedback.

keep up the good work.

xtremserver

Dec 7, 2008
Singapore
stock email and exchange app issue

i dont know if some of you have notice that the stock email and exchange apps are not present in this rom. or its just me.

however found the solution to it, hopefully this help for those who are facing the same issue as i had.

thks to @crazyagg thread i found the solution. so here it goes:-

download and install this app as u normally do for normal apps after which restart your phone.

1. AOKP Original Email APK's

2. AOKP Exchange2 APK's

download both files and install it.

restart.

enjoy!!

Original post

Last edited:

johntortorella

Jun 30, 2013
Vancouver
I know benchmarks don't mean too much.. But over 6000 on a AOSP rom without touching anything on overclocking is a first for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-29-17-27-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-29-17-27-20.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 589

mantonas

Mar 13, 2012
Installed this ROM last night and so far, no major issues. Very fast and battery wise, seems to be pretty good. Just the font on my Gmail app seems a bit weird. Great job :thumbup: a donation might be coming shortly.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: driodmaster92

mantonas

Mar 13, 2012
phone does not boot! PLEASE Help (resolved)

Wonder if anyone can help me!

Something really weird and strange just happened to my phone now. Been running this ROM for the last couple of days and till now, has been great, no issues whatsoever. I have just tried to hook my phone to my TV via the MHL adapter and as soon as I connected the phone all of the sudden, just froze. Rebooted and tried again and happened the same. But the problem is that the 2nd time when trying to reboot the phone, it just stucks on the booting screen with 4 Illusion circles and does not start. Tried to take the battery off and restart it again but it just does not boot at all :( I am a bit concerned as I do not know what went wrong :confused:

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am a bit surprised with support here, 2 days and not even a single reply :thumbdown:
But anyway, I have reflashed the stock ROM and everything it's working now!

Last edited:

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai
Wonder if anyone can help me!

Something really weird and strange just happened to my phone now. Been running this ROM for the last couple of days and till now, has been great, no issues whatsoever. I have just tried to hook my phone to my TV via the MHL adapter and as soon as I connected the phone all of the sudden, just froze. Rebooted and tried again and happened the same. But the problem is that the 2nd time when trying to reboot the phone, it just stucks on the booting screen with 4 Illusion circles and does not start. Tried to take the battery off and restart it again but it just does not boot at all :( I am a bit concerned as I do not know what went wrong :confused:

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I am a bit surprised with support here, 2 days and not even a single reply :thumbdown:
But anyway, I have reflashed the stock ROM and everything it's working now!

Sorry I was really busy with my exams...guess i will more active now

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai

Alright folks, here's another update... 4.3 is officially merged!! I just did the last part of it and caught with CyanogenMod as far as frameworks goes.

Reference here to see what I'm talking about: IllusionProject Frameworks/base

Of course there's loads of things to iron out, but the overwhelming part of merging 4.3 is now behind us!

I'm still not going to promise an ETA, but I will be doing what I can to get everything functioning the way it needs to be. Thanks peeps for remaining patient through a busy part of my life recently. There's quite a bit in store for 2.5. I may even release a alpha version of 2.5 so you guys can get your hands on a 4.3 build with all the cool nifty features and such :victory:.

This was the main dev... and news from my side:
So, guys as he said No ETA but from my side I have almost completed my repo and will start compiling from tomorrow (last exam )or Tuesday latest ..and the updates depends how stable is CM10.2 for your device if there is one and since i don't have most of the devices i need testers so if you are interested please email me at adityasureka92@gmail.com with the following details:

XDA UserName:
Email:
Device:

And Donors Thanks a lot ...I really appreciate it ....:angel::angel:

zard

Jul 19, 2005

This was the main dev... and news from my side:
So, guys as he said No ETA but from my side I have almost completed my repo and will start compiling from tomorrow (last exam )or Tuesday latest ..and the updates depends how stable is CM10.2 for your device if there is one and since i don't have most of the devices i need testers so if you are interested please email me at adityasureka92@gmail.com with the following details:

XDA UserName:
Email:
Device:

And Donors Thanks a lot ...I really appreciate it ....:angel::angel:

Emailed a few days ago and so far no news. If you need me to resend, just let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai
Okay Guys got the 4.3 to boot up ,I know we are a little late to the party ...still...BTW no PA PIE and Hybrid for now...Next version Hybrid ...got halo and ribbons right now...and a new theme...its in alpha stage right now...

KeyLimePie theme will be hosted on Google Docs, along with a new theme called KeyLimePurple lol (i think).

Screenshot_2013-08-22-10-19-21.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

9037406377_6c02fe2ba3_o.png

23kxeok.jpg

FEATURES

• Google Base
    • KOT49H
    • Quick Settings From Omni
    • Custom periods for data usage measurement
    • Disable safe headset volume warning
    • BrightnessSlider in Notification Drawer (see screenshots - like Stock ROMs)
    • QuietHours
    • Non Intrusive Call UI
    • Harware Key Remapping
    • Network Speed Indicator
    • MMS Package Updated
    • White Background for Settings [WIP]
    • Uses Custom 4.7 GCC arm-eabi for kernel
    • FULL -O3 ROM
    • Omni Performance Control
    • Advance Reboot Menu
    • Compatibile with Xposed Settings
    • Black Themed
    • Embedded Superuser
    • IllusionSettings
    • Non-Intrusive InCallUI
    • Flip to Mute / Flip to Reject Incoming Call
    • Send Incoming Call to NotificationDrawer/StatusBar
    • Reverse Lookup
    • Nearby Location Search within Dialer (like GoogleDialer)
    • Music Playback Control (long-press volume buttons to skip music tracks)
    • AOSP-like
    • % battery bar
    • Privacy Guard
    • Init.d Support
    • Busybox Built-In
    • Battery Around Unlock Ring
    • Custom Pulse Notification Light Settings
    • ... A lot more to come from the team
    • Optimization that would make you think you're on cocaine (drugs are bad!)

KNOWN ISSUES

• ART is broken for now so don't switch not like you need to do it anyway. :D
    • If you don't have any apn, try a apn reset/reboot/mixed the first two. It's there.

DOWNLOAD

FLASHING INSTRUCTION

• Download latest zip
    • Download gapps
    • Reboot to recovery - Nandroid if you must
    • Factory Reset if coming from a different rom other than Illusions
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    • Flash Rom + Gapps
    • Reboot and Enjoy

Changelog

Initial Build

HALO From PA
    Non Intrusive Call UI
    Harware Key Remapping
    Network Speed Indicator
    MMS Package Updated
    White Background for Settings [WIP]
    Many More...Visit Here

Removed HALO and ActiveDisplay
    Added
    • Quick Settings from Omni
    • Non-Intrusive InCallUI
    • Flip to Mute / Flip to Reject Incoming Call
    • Send Incoming Call to NotificationDrawer/StatusBar
    • Reverse Lookup
    • Nearby Location Search within Dialer (like GoogleDialer)
    • Music Playback Control (long-press volume buttons to skip music tracks)
    • Custom periods for data usage measurement
    • Disable safe headset volume warning
    • Quick Pulldown Settings in IllusionSettings
    Rest of the Changelog till 22.02.2014 is here or you can visit our github

T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Smart Pulldown

Credits:
    Ronald Ramsay II
    PA for GAPPS

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][N7105/t0lte][4.4.2] IllusionRom Experimental, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    driodmaster92
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2013-09-16
    Last Updated 2014-03-28
    BTW good news may be we can go official
    itsmikeramsay's post
    Flashed NEAK kernel on Rootbox. Sound issues have been resolved. Actually fantastic. Looking forward to this rom. Waiting for PA settings to work. I have a feeling this is going to be a great rom.

New build up check my blogspot
    No. Have a look at his blog, The main Dev is having some time off because of personal matters, but the maintainer has a broken laptop. He said it would be about 15 days before he would get it back. There is also another person on the team to help out. So Hopefully after all this is sorted, new versions will be pumped out.

If they incorporate any of the features that Beanstalk has, this Rom will be pumping. I still float between this and Beanstalk. Sticking with the new of Beanstalk atm, it's just too damn good. Will come back and visit this Rom, once things are up and running again.

I am looking for more help...if anyone is free and interested to join the project (who can contribute)
    Hello Everyone....
    I think everyone here knows that we have been working hard to get the ROM up...Finally its up ...running fine and awesome for me here on I9000 and on mako for Andreas....You must also know that we have a team of high quality developers and maintainers ....just a themer is missing from our team .......Stay tuned for more updates .....or visit our IllusionRoms G+ Community Here