[ROM][N7105/t0lte][4.4.2] IllusionRom Experimental

Search This thread

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Okay Guys got the 4.3 to boot up ,I know we are a little late to the party ...still...BTW no PA PIE and Hybrid for now...Next version Hybrid ...got halo and ribbons right now...and a new theme...its in alpha stage right now...

KeyLimePie theme will be hosted on Google Docs, along with a new theme called KeyLimePurple lol (i think).

Screenshot_2013-08-22-10-19-21.png

Releasing it soon? Need testers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
Hey guys update is here finally Check the OP and blog site and waiting for feed backs

Ugh, I'm not sure If I love you or hate you. Haha I just finished flashing Jedi X17 and finished setting everything up, then you drop this on me. Like what even! Hahaha I've been hanging to try this though, so I'm going to give it a shot! :D

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Okay so I've flashed but it seems that Root is broken. Everything else works like a charm, but sadly for me, Root was broken.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Rom flashed just fine, and I LOVE the new animations, and just how slick everything looks and feels. BIG props there. However, I can't get root access. Root is broken sadly. :( I've reflashed the ROM a few times now, and same thing. :( This makes me sad. But Brilliant work on it. For an Alpha, it sure feels damn amazing!

Reactions: driodmaster92

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
Okay, So i've run this now for a better part of a full night, and yes, I haven't slept I've just been playing around with the Rom. >__>

I must say, of all the 4.3 Roms, this is the slickest, smoothest and most damn stable. I've not yet come across a random Reboot like other 4.3 roms.

The amount of cusomization is just through the roof too. Considering it does not yet have PIE control and a few other small things, this is still so feature packed it's not funny. I thought I would miss pie, but I honestly don't. LMT launcher or Pie Control can fill those areas just nicely.

Some little things I have noticed though. Using messaging in Halo, does not allow to send MMS messages like other Roms. I couldn't do this in Illusion 4.2.2 either. Once the clock in the status bar froze, but that was after doing some status bar tweaks. Gesture Lock isn't available yet. It's a feature I personally like, and SMS cusimatizion isn't there yet either, and couple of force closes in settings have happened.

So, very minor Gripes. Very minor.

I'm going to run this as my daily driver for sure. SMS works fine. Audio is fine. Installing the modded version of Xposed worked just great too. LED notifications work great. Can't comment on battery life yet, but I will edit this once I've run it for a few days. Snapchat video FINALLY works on this Rom. It could never record a full 10 second video on any other 4.2.2 or 4.3 Rom before, so bonus props there.

Seriously, TRY THIS OUT!!!! Just keep in mind if coming from a touchwiz Rom like I did, flashing this will completely delete your internal memory. So back it up. I didn't. I was just lucky all my photo's got backed up on Dropbox.

Brilliant work. Just Brilliant work. This ROM is the BOMB!:cool::D:good::good::good::good::good::good::victory::eek::cowboy:

Edit: Pie does work. I just didn't look hard enough. Loving this ROM so much. Must also report that Battery life is really nice on this. Ran it for 8 hours straight, with lots of messaging and browsing on through the play store and net, with WiFi and 3G and got it down to 70%. So very nicely done. Didn't do anything to change the kernel, but was running Greenify.

Only thing I have noticed to be a slight bug, is that opening messaging in Halo, will take you out of whatever app you are currently in, but not always. Still no random reboots and that's just awesome. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: driodmaster92

nyllet83

Sep 7, 2010
Uppsala
Does this ROM has the graphic glitches as many other 4.3 ROMs have or is it fixed after the open source drivers were released?
Pardon my english.

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
Does this ROM has the graphic glitches as many other 4.3 ROMs have or is it fixed after the open source drivers were released?
Pardon my english.

No. Sadly there are still some glitches. I have found them not as noticiable, but they are still there. Keep in mind this is still an Alpha release. It will only get better.

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai
Hey guys how are you all doing? I am looking for anyone who could donate me there old device or even if someone is ready to sell at a cheap price I can think about it .I have a I9000 I am looking to upgrade but waiting for Optimus G2 /Nexus 5 etc but in the meanwhile if I could get any other device it would be very helpful and if I have the device I can provide better support.And as all always you could hit up on my donate button and contribute something .Thank You.

Mickwa76

Dec 12, 2010
Zurich
Hey guys how are you all doing? I am looking for anyone who could donate me there old device or even if someone is ready to sell at a cheap price I can think about it .I have a I9000 I am looking to upgrade but waiting for Optimus G2 /Nexus 5 etc but in the meanwhile if I could get any other device it would be very helpful and if I have the device I can provide better support.And as all always you could hit up on my donate button and contribute something .Thank You.

The minute hybrid settings or lcd density settings etc are done I'm gonna send you a donation. I only have one device, perhaps when the Note 3 comes I could consider, but then please get PA settings working. Great rom. Always liked your work.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai
The minute hybrid settings or lcd density settings etc are done I'm gonna send you a donation. I only have one device, perhaps when the Note 3 comes I could consider, but then please get PA settings working. Great rom. Always liked your work.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Next beta version work is in progress as we speak.And thanks a lot for your previous contribustions

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
I would just like to report a potential bug, that others may encounter.

After a day of usage, I wasn't able to recieve MMS messages anymore. It would keep saying that the file download had failed. I went into recovery and wiped cache, and Dalvik, and also fixed permissions. This fixed the MMS issue, but somehow broke the stock lock screen, as it would no longer work no matter which one I tried.

In the meantime I nearly killed my phone flashing another ROM, but I got Illusion back up and running again so all was well. Again another day went by and MMS didn't want to work. Again fixing permissions and clearing cache and dalvik fixed it. And this time with no loss of the lock screen.

Not sure why this happened, but anyone else experiences it, this is one workaround.

Loving this Rom so much, it's not even funny. Brilliant work!

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
So I've been using the 4.3 alpha since release and I've got to say, It's still the smoothest 4.3 Experience I've had. However, there is one bug that does seem to be a hassle after a while. It seems that I can't keep MMS messages onto a conversation thread after a little while, otherwise messaging will force close. I can open up any other thread that doesn't have an MMS message in it, or has the MMS pushed further up the conversation theread or it will force close.

Work around is obviously Save the MMS straight away and then delete it, or as stated above you can fix permissions. Using another SMS app usually stops this from happening but I do prefer to use the Stock SMS app. Another bug is that when you receive a message an open it up in Halo, it will exit out of of whatever app you are in. A work around to this is to Pin SMS to Halo and when you do get a new SMS don't open it, but the SMS app and all should be okay.

They are not big bugs, because there are work arounds to them. But I thought it would be good to point them to help out others that have the problem.

Still an amazing experience to use. Just Amazing. Keep up the good work.

driodmaster92

Jan 10, 2012
Chennai
Hello Guys !! I have been working a lot these days on my PHP skills , that's where I am busy so sorry if I could give you guys much support lately .So you guys can expect a website soon.Thank you guys who have been helping others on my threads.

Beta version WIP :hybrid has been integrated now bugs are being fixed and all other features are being added.

Last edited:
Reactions: zard

moinsheriff

Jan 28, 2011
Dubai - UAE
When I use browser, Gmail or dolphin browser. The app screen flickers. Any solution for this?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

9037406377_6c02fe2ba3_o.png

23kxeok.jpg

FEATURES

• Google Base
    • KOT49H
    • Quick Settings From Omni
    • Custom periods for data usage measurement
    • Disable safe headset volume warning
    • BrightnessSlider in Notification Drawer (see screenshots - like Stock ROMs)
    • QuietHours
    • Non Intrusive Call UI
    • Harware Key Remapping
    • Network Speed Indicator
    • MMS Package Updated
    • White Background for Settings [WIP]
    • Uses Custom 4.7 GCC arm-eabi for kernel
    • FULL -O3 ROM
    • Omni Performance Control
    • Advance Reboot Menu
    • Compatibile with Xposed Settings
    • Black Themed
    • Embedded Superuser
    • IllusionSettings
    • Non-Intrusive InCallUI
    • Flip to Mute / Flip to Reject Incoming Call
    • Send Incoming Call to NotificationDrawer/StatusBar
    • Reverse Lookup
    • Nearby Location Search within Dialer (like GoogleDialer)
    • Music Playback Control (long-press volume buttons to skip music tracks)
    • AOSP-like
    • % battery bar
    • Privacy Guard
    • Init.d Support
    • Busybox Built-In
    • Battery Around Unlock Ring
    • Custom Pulse Notification Light Settings
    • ... A lot more to come from the team
    • Optimization that would make you think you're on cocaine (drugs are bad!)

KNOWN ISSUES

• ART is broken for now so don't switch not like you need to do it anyway. :D
    • If you don't have any apn, try a apn reset/reboot/mixed the first two. It's there.

DOWNLOAD

FLASHING INSTRUCTION

• Download latest zip
    • Download gapps
    • Reboot to recovery - Nandroid if you must
    • Factory Reset if coming from a different rom other than Illusions
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    • Flash Rom + Gapps
    • Reboot and Enjoy

Changelog

Initial Build

HALO From PA
    Non Intrusive Call UI
    Harware Key Remapping
    Network Speed Indicator
    MMS Package Updated
    White Background for Settings [WIP]
    Many More...Visit Here

Removed HALO and ActiveDisplay
    Added
    • Quick Settings from Omni
    • Non-Intrusive InCallUI
    • Flip to Mute / Flip to Reject Incoming Call
    • Send Incoming Call to NotificationDrawer/StatusBar
    • Reverse Lookup
    • Nearby Location Search within Dialer (like GoogleDialer)
    • Music Playback Control (long-press volume buttons to skip music tracks)
    • Custom periods for data usage measurement
    • Disable safe headset volume warning
    • Quick Pulldown Settings in IllusionSettings
    Rest of the Changelog till 22.02.2014 is here or you can visit our github

T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Smart Pulldown

Credits:
    Ronald Ramsay II
    PA for GAPPS

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][N7105/t0lte][4.4.2] IllusionRom Experimental, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    driodmaster92
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2013-09-16
    Last Updated 2014-03-28
    BTW good news may be we can go official
    itsmikeramsay's post
    Flashed NEAK kernel on Rootbox. Sound issues have been resolved. Actually fantastic. Looking forward to this rom. Waiting for PA settings to work. I have a feeling this is going to be a great rom.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

New build up check my blogspot
    No. Have a look at his blog, The main Dev is having some time off because of personal matters, but the maintainer has a broken laptop. He said it would be about 15 days before he would get it back. There is also another person on the team to help out. So Hopefully after all this is sorted, new versions will be pumped out.

If they incorporate any of the features that Beanstalk has, this Rom will be pumping. I still float between this and Beanstalk. Sticking with the new of Beanstalk atm, it's just too damn good. Will come back and visit this Rom, once things are up and running again.

I am looking for more help...if anyone is free and interested to join the project (who can contribute)
    Hello Everyone....
    I think everyone here knows that we have been working hard to get the ROM up...Finally its up ...running fine and awesome for me here on I9000 and on mako for Andreas....You must also know that we have a team of high quality developers and maintainers ....just a themer is missing from our team .......Stay tuned for more updates .....or visit our IllusionRoms G+ Community Here