Polaroid 9 inch tablet

Search This thread

f@milym@n

Mar 20, 2013
Can't get root

I got this tablet just last night. I truthfully wouldn't mind if it couldn't access the market, except that the stock youtube player on the device doesn't seem to be able to play playlists, just single videos, it won't auto-play any playlists.

I've downloaded the android market (Gapps-2.3.4.zip) on the device and installed it, but whenever I try to open the market, it asks me to add an account, and clicking yes just closes back to the main screen.

I tried Lionideas (sp?) steps, downloading both the root by recovery and usb driver. I installed dpinst-32bit.exe, as well as running adb.exe (wasn't sure if both were necessary, or if any further steps are necessary.)

After that, I enabled USB debugging on the device (there's a notification on the top status bar that it's running), connected it to my PC, and ran the runme.bat file. Selecting option one, it tells me to connect a device with usb-debugging enabled, and halts there...as far as I can tell I've followed the steps, can anyone enlighten me?

I'm having a bit of trouble myself following those instructions. I'm not new to rooting, but my in-laws picked up this tablet for my daughter and I'm struggling to make this usable. I've got the usb drivers installed, connected the tablet to the pc and it does seem to recognize it, but when I run the 'runme.exe' , and select option 1, I get the msg 'daemon started successfully' but then it just waits. I'm wondering if the tablet needs to be in some sort of download mode and how I can get it into that mode... Holding the volume down and power button put it into a safe mode and holding volume up and power never even booted it up. Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure there's others in this boat...

biggdevon

Mar 18, 2010
I got this tablet just last night. I truthfully wouldn't mind if it couldn't access the market, except that the stock youtube player on the device doesn't seem to be able to play playlists, just single videos, it won't auto-play any playlists.

I've downloaded the android market (Gapps-2.3.4.zip) on the device and installed it, but whenever I try to open the market, it asks me to add an account, and clicking yes just closes back to the main screen.

I tried Lionideas (sp?) steps, downloading both the root by recovery and usb driver. I installed dpinst-32bit.exe, as well as running adb.exe (wasn't sure if both were necessary, or if any further steps are necessary.)

After that, I enabled USB debugging on the device (there's a notification on the top status bar that it's running), connected it to my PC, and ran the runme.bat file. Selecting option one, it tells me to connect a device with usb-debugging enabled, and halts there...as far as I can tell I've followed the steps, can anyone enlighten me?

I got this when I tried it from a Windows xp machine. When I used a Windows 7 machine I got much better results but still no success. Any reports of success and maybe procedures would be much appreciated

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

MagisterSum

Dec 26, 2011
Another way to root.

I had trouble with the Bin4ry root as well. I used Kingo Android ROOT and now have root access. I tested with Terminal, getting the # after typing su.

I followed the instructions from lionedas to get the system folder from JB gapps and pasted it to root. (It asked me to replace the system folder, not merge it like lionedas mentioned.) I rebooted the tablet, but I still can't sign in to a Google Account.

I get periodic messages that Google Framework is not working. I've tried two different signed Google Framework apks, versions 2.3.3 and 2.3.4. I get the "can't connect to a reliable server" message.

I have tried editing the hosts file in \etc, per some suggestions people who had the connection problem. The file began simply with 127.0.0.1 localhost, with no other lines. I've added a half dozen ip addresses that people had in various posts followed by android.clients.google.com. I've tried with a # in front of the ip addressed and without. I've tried changing my clock back six months or back a year as well, per some other suggestions.

But now I'm stuck.

Try Kingo Android Root, see if that works. Anyone have suggestions on how to get past the reliable server connection problem?

Reactions: biggdevon

MagisterSum

Dec 26, 2011
I had trouble with the Bin4ry root as well. I used Kingo Android ROOT and now have root access. I tested with Terminal, getting the # after typing su.

I followed the instructions from lionedas to get the system folder from JB gapps and pasted it to root. (It asked me to replace the system folder, not merge it like lionedas mentioned.) I rebooted the tablet, but I still can't sign in to a Google Account...

I am curious if this root method has helped anyone else. A bit more info, I went this route when the Bin4ry root wouldn't work for me. I'm running a Windows 8 64 bit system. In installed the device drivers. I could get the command prompt with the fancy green text, and the options to do 1-8, but I would have the same trouble that others had. Hitting 1 would usually say "connect with debugging turned on," and other times I would get two lines of a daemon message, and then it would just hang. I could not get it rooted that way. Kingo Android ROOT worked like a charm.

As for where I'm stuck now, it might belong in another thread. It's the "can't find reliable server" problem in setting up a Google Account. Things I've tried:
1) Different signed Google Services Frameworks.
2) Connecting at someone else's home, in case it was a firewall problem.
3) Adding accounts through settings, through a version of Market (signed 3.1.3), through a version of Google Play (signed 4.0.7, I think)
4) Signing in through YouTube (three different versions).
5) Editing the hosts file in the /etc folder and rebooting, which seems to do the trick for many people.

Before I officially move to a different thread with my problem, I wanted to check if the problem might be my version of files in JB gapps. Could someone who has Play up and running post what versions of the Google Framework, Onetime Init, System Launcher, and Market/Play you have running? Thanks. And keep up the good work!

Reactions: biggdevon

beutrocks

Oct 9, 2013
NA
Thanks/Rather long guide

I have a guide on another Thread called PMID920 Root/Gapps in the general section.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
I've tried with a # in front of the ip addressed and without.
Just for the future, a # at the front of a line in hosts turns the line into a comment.

#this is just for this machine
127.0.0.1 localhost

#this makes it easier to get to this computer with less typing
127.0.0.1 me

#this works just as well
127.0.0.1 localhost me

#the next line does nothing
#1.2.3.4 xda-developers.com

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
Hey so I'm thinking about biting the bullet to finally trying to root & update this pmid920 to google play. But I guess I'm a little worried as this fellow messed his up & couldn't put stock fw back on it. http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=11960 or if I just wanted to keep it simple should I just root & sideload apps to it? Or what do u think this fellow did wrong to totally mess it up? I just wanna keep it simple to let kids have some games on it & me to bs on it n such. Thanks in advance Ron.

rennio

May 30, 2015
play store on polaroid mid900

hey dude,
This tablet do have play store and you can find it as follows: Go to options for developers in the instellingen and click service functions! Now you have play store on your app! Just try! de ballen rennio

limhigalvez

Apr 15, 2018
I hace a polaroid PTAB 935, I was passing by looking for ways to fix the OS, I Believe that the Android versión usuario bad because the tablet OS ultra SLOW to opening apps (takes for 2 to 3 minutes) do you think if this way Is effective for my tablet

Or at least Tell me what modelo Is compatible with my tablet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root files

I take no credit for these programs and files

I used the modded usb windows drivers in file below to install
    the drivers for the PMID920

I used Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v32 to root the device
    selecting option one, and following the on screen instructions
    it did not take the first time around, I tried every selection I could
    I even un rooted via all methods, but every time it said success
    I would check with root check pro and after about the 8th time the damn thing worked.

Try selection ( 1 new ) from the get go, maybe you wont have an issue like me
    it kept looking for an ric file, but it would not create it, it seems to have worked
    after I created the file.

Now we need recovery, google play, 4.4 kitkat, just messing !

Please post your results.

Edit; got gapps installed, this things turning out to be alright.
    needs gps though !

Show some love and hit the thanks.
    Seemed to Work for me on the first time.

Have you found any custom roms with Google play and the stock apps that work on it?
    Google play works

Google play works great with the stock ROM!

1 root device as above.
    2 download JB gapps, unzip it on your PC and copy the system folder over to this device sdcard/download folder
    3 find and install root explorer, copy apk to device and install, run it and click parent folder until you are in root directory
    now click read write, instead of read only on the top left to give it permission to write files, navigate to sdcard/download where
    the JB gapps system folder was copied, click copy with root explorer as paste it in your root directory where the system folder is,
    it will ask you if you want to merge the folder click yes and let it finish, once done reboot your tablet and you will be prompted
    to set up a Google account.

You now have Google play, Google tts, calander, voice search, gmail and a brand new toy!

Seemed to Work for me on the first time.

Have you found any custom roms with Google play and the stock apps that work on it?

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Yeah, well, I just installed DPInst in the folder. Was there something else I should do?

What device are you trying to root the tablet from,

From a windows device you download and extract the USB driver files
    you may need to run the driver setup as administrator, after install check
    and see if you have adb device in control panel, system manager, it should not
    have an exclamation sign on it, if you need lead device to driver folder.

Also try another USB port, and try to unplug the device and plug it back in when the program is looking for it.
    PMID920 Root ?

PMID920 rooted !

Hey guys I think I got the bastage rooted, have to retrace my steps on how I did it.

I will post my files for you soon!

uploading a few pics for now.

anything that I can test to make sure I have full root ?
    PMID920 rooted !

Hey guys I think I got the bastage rooted, have to retrace my steps on how I did it.

I will post my files for you soon!

uploading a few pics for now.

anything that I can test to make sure I have full root ?

Please do! I want to try it on the flex.

Try su in a terminal and make sure it works. Though I think you should be good root checker reports ok.