Brendo

So, I managed to sideload apps, just they crash once run

firmware: 4.4w

Enable usb debugging on watch

Download and install wondershare mobilego

Connect watch to pc and manually install Samsung composite adb drivers

Open android wear app on phone

Open mobilego

Accept debug request to watch on phone (may need to disconnect and reconnect from pc several times)

Install apk

http://youtu.be/aAKsgrYzMjM

Attachments

• launcher_gl.jpg
    launcher_gl.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 507
  • fruit_ninja_gl.jpg
    fruit_ninja_gl.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
G

GuestK00386

i was going to open a thread about this till i saw yours, i don't have my gear live yet but have you tried sideloading nova launcher, if so what was the result. probably not something i would use but im curious if it works ect!

Brendo

i was going to open a thread about this till i saw yours, i don't have my gear live yet but have you tried sideloading nova launcher, if so what was the result. probably not something i would use but im curious if it works ect!
all apps and launchers seem to crash. Guess it's time to learn how to use logcat... Probably something to do with how wear interacts with android apps

G

GuestK00386

Cool, I can't wait till someone maybe gets a rom on this thing like the g watch just did today in hopes it can improve battery life and performance also ifixit found I wifi chip in the gear live, think of the possibilities if someone got that to work ?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation
I have side loaded root explorer and system panel and both work pretty good. Need root access to really do anything with root explorer. Going to try other apps later tonight.