[REF] Zooper Guides, References and Advanced Parameter Snippets [Upated 01.04.14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
Thought it might be a good idea to collect some links in a central place so people starting with Zooper have a little overview where to look for information

Please don't post your questions to this thread!
This thread is meant as collection and not as a general help thread :)
If you still have questions after checking out these tutorials, first have a look/search around these forums. There are already a lof of answered questions that may help you out. If you can't find your question or still can't make heads nor tails out of something, post your question to the forum. There are a lot of active people (including me) here that can help you out :good:
If you have a link, video or something else you want to see added to this overview please feel free to post here directly or send me a PM.

[General]
Zooper's market link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zooper.zwpro
Zooper's official support site: http://zooper.themerapp.com/
[References]
List of available variables: http://zooper.themerapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/332874-variables
List of available codes for free date formats: http://zooper.themerapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/332876-date-format
List of available iconset XML tags:http://www.zooper.org/wp/android/zw/iconsets
[Tutorials]
Zooper and Tasker integration: http://www.jagwar.de/zooper-widget-tutorials/
Zooper and Media utilities integration: http://webermatters.com/everything-zooper/creating-a-zooper-media-widget-with-media-utilities/
How to make iconsets for Zooper with example: Simple ZW Battery Iconset example
Additional info for weather iconsets with example: Weather Iconset Example
How to make a module follow a progressbar: Make an element move in sync with your progress bar
[Video Tutorials]
Official basic setup and usage tutorial via Zooper's Play Store entry
Create Song Progress With A Progress Bar by screenlious
Themer: Zooper Widget Conditionals - The Basics by Marco Agas/mycolorscreen
Themer: Zooper Widget - Advanced Parameters by Marco Agas/mycolorscreen​

Hope this helps you out and happy Zooping everyone! :highfive:

Last edited:

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Collection of advanced parameters

Here are some ready-made advanced parameter input for different usage scenarios.

[Cell signal strength]
The following code emulates the cell signal strength as it would show in your status bar. Depending on how you use it, you'll have to replace the numbers with links to bitmaps or something similiar.
Code:
$[#NCSIG#>=12] && [#NCSIG#<99]?4$
$[#NCSIG#>=8] && [#NCSIG#<12]?3$
$[#NCSIG#>=5] && [#NCSIG#<8]?2$
$[#NCSIG#>2] && [#NCSIG#<5]?1$
$[#NCSIG#<=2] || [#NCSIG#=99]?0$
Display Tomorrow/Today/Date for calendar events
This is the code for the next event. If you want to do it for other events too, you have to replace all the C0 with C1, C2, etc
Code:
$#C0SddMM#=#DddMM#?Today$$#C0SddMM#=#W1DddMM#?Tomorrow$$[#C0SddMM#!=#W1DddMM#] && [#C0SddMM#!=#DddMM#]?#C0SEEEE#$
[Count the days/hours/minutes/... to or from a specific date]
Code:
#D<year><month><day><hours><minutes>T<formatstring>#
This works for past as well as future dates. If for example you want to count the days since last christmas, you would write the following:
Code:
#D201312240000Td#

Display Wind Direction as N/W/E/etc.
By SportyRydr
Anyway, here is a formula I came up with to convert Zooper's wind direction degrees to cardinal (0°=N, 90°=E, etc):
$[#WCWDIR#>348.75 || #WCWDIR#<=11.25] && #WCWSPEED#!=0?N #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>11.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=33.75]?NNE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>33.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=56.25]?NE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>56.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=78.75]?ENE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>78.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=101.25]?E #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>101.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=123.75]?ESE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>123.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=146.25]?SE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>146.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=168.75]?SSE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>168.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=191.25]?S #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>191.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=213.75]?SSW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>213.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=236.25]?SW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>236.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=258.75]?WSW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>258.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=281.25]?W #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>281.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=303.75]?WNW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>303.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=326.25]?NW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>326.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=348.75]?NNW #WCWSPEED#$$#WCWSPEED#=0mph?Calm$​

To be continued...

Last edited:

error404

Jan 27, 2011
error404android.tumblr.com
OnePlus 8T
Here are some ready-made advanced parameter input for different usage scenarios.

[Cell signal strength]
The following code emulates the cell signal strength as it would show in your status bar. Depending on how you use it, you'll have to replace the numbers with links to bitmaps or something similiar.
Code:

To make a wifi signal strength i should follow the same path?

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011

[Cell signal strength]

Code:

I'm using bitmap icon set. The signal images are shown as 0.png 1.png 2.png 3.png and 4.png. I've been struggling for over a hour to get it to show up but its just blank.​

Reactions: Nemli661

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
I'm using bitmap icon set. The signal images are shown as 0.png 1.png 2.png 3.png and 4.png. I've been struggling for over a hour to get it to show up but its just blank.

This code isn't meant for an icon set, it's only for the use in text modules or advanced parameters. What you could do, if you have saved these icons somewhere on your sd card is to use this as an advanced parameter on a bitmap module:
PHP:
$[#NCSIG#>=12] && [#NCSIG#<99]?[b]/path/to/pictures/4.png[/b]$
$[#NCSIG#>=8] && [#NCSIG#<12]?[b]/path/to/pictures/3.png[/b]$
$[#NCSIG#>=5] && [#NCSIG#<8]?[b]/path/to/pictures/2.png[/b]$
$[#NCSIG#>2] && [#NCSIG#<5]?[b]/path/to/pictures/1.png[/b]$
$[#NCSIG#<=2] || [#NCSIG#=99]?[b]/path/to/pictures/0.png[/b]$

Reactions: Fabcom

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011
This code isn't meant for an icon set, it's only for the use in text modules or advanced parameters. What you could do, if you have saved these icons somewhere on your sd card is to use this as an advanced parameter on a bitmap module:
PHP:
$[#NCSIG#>=12] && [#NCSIG#<99]?[b]/path/to/pictures/4.png[/b]$
$[#NCSIG#>=8] && [#NCSIG#<12]?[b]/path/to/pictures/3.png[/b]$
$[#NCSIG#>=5] && [#NCSIG#<8]?[b]/path/to/pictures/2.png[/b]$
$[#NCSIG#>2] && [#NCSIG#<5]?[b]/path/to/pictures/1.png[/b]$
$[#NCSIG#<=2] || [#NCSIG#=99]?[b]/path/to/pictures/0.png[/b]$

Yeah that's what mine looked like before you replied. Here's a screenshot in the bitmap icon sets advanced parameters...

a2yparyg.jpg

It still shows nothing. I wonder if I'm missing something like maybe a XML file? I wouldn't think it would need to rely on XML because there's nothing needed to call onto the XML to grab the proper png's.

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Yeah that's what mine looked like before you replied. Here's a screenshot in the bitmap icon sets advanced parameters...

a2yparyg.jpg

It still shows nothing. I wonder if I'm missing something like maybe a XML file? I wouldn't think it would need to rely on XML because there's nothing needed to call onto the XML to grab the proper png's.

This is probably due to Tapatalk but what you are not seeing in the code I posted is that you need to put (b)(/b) (replace () with [], this is done just to circumvent the Tapatalk issue) tags around your filepath to make it work. Open my post in a browser instead of Tapatalk to see what I mean :)

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011
This is probably due to Tapatalk but what you are not seeing in the code I posted is that you need to put (b)(/b) (replace () with [], this is done just to circumvent the Tapatalk issue) tags around your filepath to make it work. Open my post in a browser instead of Tapatalk to see what I mean :)

OK redid the code following yours and still isn't showing up at all.

Would you mind telling me how you would do it step by step using WiFi icons from scratch? Maybe I messed up somewhere. This zooper widget wasn't created by me but shared by someone else and in his screen shot presentation it showed working Wi-Fi icons. When I added everything to zooper Wi-Fi and cellular were the only 2 not showing up.

I have tried asking him what he did to get it to work but I haven't heard back from him.

Here's 2 screen shots to provide clues maybe.

1st pic is bitmap icon sets where the WiFi icons are located according to how this guy created it. I didn't see parameters when I first opened it when checking why it wasn't showing up. Same with cellular.

esa2y9e2.jpg

2nd pic is the WiFi icons labeled as 0.PNG 1.PNG 2.PNG etc.

mubarase.jpg

Last edited:

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
OK redid the code following yours and still isn't showing up at all.

Would you mind telling me how you would do it step by step using WiFi icons from scratch? Maybe I'm messed up somewhere. This zooper widget wasn't created by me but shared by someone else and in his screen shot presentation it showed working Wi-Fi icons. When I added everything to zooper Wi-Fi and cellular were the only 2 not showing up.

I have tried asking him what he did to get it to work but I haven't heard back from him.

Here's 2 screen shots to provide clues maybe.

I just realized something: you are using this on a Bitmap Iconset module, right? That's not how this is supposed to work :) That module is only intended for iconsets in Zoopers ZIP format (for reference check both iconset links under the tutorial section in the first post). If you do it with advanced parameters, you have to use a normal Bitmap module.

heXacode

Jan 16, 2011
I just realized something: you are using this on a Bitmap Iconset module, right? That's not how this is supposed to work :) That module is only intended for iconsets in Zoopers ZIP format (for reference check both iconset links under the tutorial section in the first post). If you do it with advanced parameters, you have to use a normal Bitmap module.

Oh I think I get it. Since it isn't in zooper zip format I'll have to use bitmap static module and create separate module for each PNG.

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Oh I think I get it. Since it isn't in zooper zip format I'll have to use bitmap static module and create separate module for each PNG.

Actually you just need one Bitmap module with the code we worked out as advanced parameters. On a normal (static) Bitmap Module, this code should always load only one of the bitmaps, depending on the condition that renders true.

rachelm920

Apr 12, 2011
Hartford, CT
Just thought I'd chime in with a snippet of code that I used to get play/pause text working for my widget. I had to figure it out on my own, so I thought I'd post it here for anyone else who may want it in the future. (Remember you need Media Utilities to get zooper to work with the media player) I went for a minimalist effect, so I'm using text and not bitmaps. Quite possibly the same effect can be reached pointing to an image file instead of displaying text...
Code:
$#TMU_ISPLAYING#=0?Play$$#TMU_ISPLAYING#=1?Pause$

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Just thought I'd chime in with a snippet of code that I used to get play/pause text working for my widget. I had to figure it out on my own, so I thought I'd post it here for anyone else who may want it in the future. (Remember you need Media Utilities to get zooper to work with the media player) I went for a minimalist effect, so I'm using text and not bitmaps. Quite possibly the same effect can be reached pointing to an image file instead of displaying text...
Code:
$#TMU_ISPLAYING#=0?Play$$#TMU_ISPLAYING#=1?Pause$

Thank you for the contribution to this thread! :good:

You can also achieve the same effect with less typing by using the following code
Code:
$#TMU_ISPLAYING#=0?Play:Pause$
This works because Zooper supports an if/else conditional, meaning the part between the ? and the : is used if the condition is true and the part after the : is used in case it's false. It'll do the same as the code you posted but it's a bit faster to type.

hughfollett

Sep 17, 2011
Hi everyone! @kwerdenker I'm hoping for your response :p
I'm at the first attempt at using using Zooper and I'm trying to create a music widget using this guide: http://webermatters.com/everything-zooper/creating-a-zooper-media-widget-with-media-utilities/
The problem is that the widget isn't displaying next,play/pause,previous buttons, coverarts and infos about artist etc.. Buttons work though, in fact I can play music though the widget.
This is my Media Utilities configuration and my widget.
Thanks in advance for the support!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-16-13-13-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-13-13-56.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Screenshot_2014-01-16-13-03-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-16-13-03-40.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,108
Last edited:

SportyRydr

Jun 5, 2009
Maryland
OnePlus 7 Pro
Wind direction degrees to cardinal

So, I've been addicted to Zooper since just before Christmas. lol I've been recreating a Windows Mobile today screen plugin I used to use. SBSH PocketWeather allowed you to make endlessly-customizable skins to display its extensive weather data. But it was never ported to Android. With Zooper assisted by Tasker, I finally have it back!

Anyway, here is a formula I came up with to convert Zooper's wind direction degrees to cardinal (0°=N, 90°=E, etc):

$[#WCWDIR#>348.75 || #WCWDIR#<=11.25] && #WCWSPEED#!=0mph?N #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>11.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=33.75]?NNE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>33.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=56.25]?NE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>56.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=78.75]?ENE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>78.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=101.25]?E #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>101.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=123.75]?ESE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>123.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=146.25]?SE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>146.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=168.75]?SSE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>168.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=191.25]?S #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>191.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=213.75]?SSW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>213.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=236.25]?SW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>236.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=258.75]?WSW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>258.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=281.25]?W #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>281.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=303.75]?WNW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>303.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=326.25]?NW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>326.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=348.75]?NNW #WCWSPEED#$$#WCWSPEED#=0mph && #WCWDIR#=0?Calm$

This hasn't already been done, has it? ;) It will display the wind direction, then the speed, or just Calm, e.g.:
NNW 20mph
SE 5mph
Calm

I had to make a correction to it just today, but I think that should be the last one. If you use it and find a mistake let me know!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought it might be a good idea to collect some links in a central place so people starting with Zooper have a little overview where to look for information

Please don't post your questions to this thread!
    This thread is meant as collection and not as a general help thread :)
    If you still have questions after checking out these tutorials, first have a look/search around these forums. There are already a lof of answered questions that may help you out. If you can't find your question or still can't make heads nor tails out of something, post your question to the forum. There are a lot of active people (including me) here that can help you out :good:
    If you have a link, video or something else you want to see added to this overview please feel free to post here directly or send me a PM.

[General]
    Zooper's market link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zooper.zwpro
    Zooper's official support site: http://zooper.themerapp.com/
    [References]
    List of available variables: http://zooper.themerapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/332874-variables
    List of available codes for free date formats: http://zooper.themerapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/332876-date-format
    List of available iconset XML tags:http://www.zooper.org/wp/android/zw/iconsets
    [Tutorials]
    Zooper and Tasker integration: http://www.jagwar.de/zooper-widget-tutorials/
    Zooper and Media utilities integration: http://webermatters.com/everything-zooper/creating-a-zooper-media-widget-with-media-utilities/
    How to make iconsets for Zooper with example: Simple ZW Battery Iconset example
    Additional info for weather iconsets with example: Weather Iconset Example
    How to make a module follow a progressbar: Make an element move in sync with your progress bar
    [Video Tutorials]
    Official basic setup and usage tutorial via Zooper's Play Store entry
    Create Song Progress With A Progress Bar by screenlious
    Themer: Zooper Widget Conditionals - The Basics by Marco Agas/mycolorscreen
    Themer: Zooper Widget - Advanced Parameters by Marco Agas/mycolorscreen​

Hope this helps you out and happy Zooping everyone! :highfive:
    Collection of advanced parameters

[Cell signal strength]
    Code:
    Display Tomorrow/Today/Date for calendar events
    This is the code for the next event. If you want to do it for other events too, you have to replace all the C0 with C1, C2, etc
    Code:
    $#C0SddMM#=#DddMM#?Today$$#C0SddMM#=#W1DddMM#?Tomorrow$$[#C0SddMM#!=#W1DddMM#] && [#C0SddMM#!=#DddMM#]?#C0SEEEE#$
    [Count the days/hours/minutes/... to or from a specific date]
    Code:
    #D<year><month><day><hours><minutes>T<formatstring>#
    This works for past as well as future dates. If for example you want to count the days since last christmas, you would write the following:
    Code:
    #D201312240000Td#

Display Wind Direction as N/W/E/etc.
    By SportyRydr
    $[#WCWDIR#>348.75 || #WCWDIR#<=11.25] && #WCWSPEED#!=0?N #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>11.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=33.75]?NNE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>33.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=56.25]?NE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>56.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=78.75]?ENE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>78.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=101.25]?E #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>101.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=123.75]?ESE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>123.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=146.25]?SE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>146.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=168.75]?SSE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>168.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=191.25]?S #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>191.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=213.75]?SSW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>213.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=236.25]?SW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>236.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=258.75]?WSW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>258.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=281.25]?W #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>281.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=303.75]?WNW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>303.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=326.25]?NW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>326.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=348.75]?NNW #WCWSPEED#$$#WCWSPEED#=0mph?Calm$​

To be continued...
    Wind direction degrees to cardinal

So, I've been addicted to Zooper since just before Christmas. lol I've been recreating a Windows Mobile today screen plugin I used to use. SBSH PocketWeather allowed you to make endlessly-customizable skins to display its extensive weather data. But it was never ported to Android. With Zooper assisted by Tasker, I finally have it back!

$[#WCWDIR#>348.75 || #WCWDIR#<=11.25] && #WCWSPEED#!=0mph?N #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>11.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=33.75]?NNE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>33.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=56.25]?NE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>56.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=78.75]?ENE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>78.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=101.25]?E #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>101.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=123.75]?ESE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>123.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=146.25]?SE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>146.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=168.75]?SSE #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>168.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=191.25]?S #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>191.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=213.75]?SSW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>213.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=236.25]?SW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>236.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=258.75]?WSW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>258.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=281.25]?W #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>281.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=303.75]?WNW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>303.75] && [#WCWDIR#<=326.25]?NW #WCWSPEED#$$[#WCWDIR#>326.25] && [#WCWDIR#<=348.75]?NNW #WCWSPEED#$$#WCWSPEED#=0mph && #WCWDIR#=0?Calm$

This hasn't already been done, has it? ;) It will display the wind direction, then the speed, or just Calm, e.g.:
    NNW 20mph
    SE 5mph
    Calm

I had to make a correction to it just today, but I think that should be the last one. If you use it and find a mistake let me know!
    I'm closing this thread down for now. As I stated in the op, this thread was meant to be as a reference collection and not a second Q&A thread because we already have one of those. If you have questions about Zooper or have problems figuring something out, please first search the forums and see if your topic has already been discussed. If not, then either post to the linked Q&A thread or open a new thread in this forum. I always look through both and try to help out where I can :)

If you have something to contribute to the references linked in the first and second post, please send me a PM.

Thank you all for your corporation and happy theming! :highfive:
    [Reserved for later use...]