*** Port Request and Speculation Thread ***

Search This thread

lapor

May 12, 2013
Ubuntu on z1 compact

As the first RTM just arrived, I'm wondering if there is anyone who has some interest in porting Ubuntu to sony z1 compact. The little thing is quite a beast, so it should be able to handle ubuntu easily.
I would be happy to test the port with dual boot on my z1 compact.

Hinec

Jun 12, 2014
Can you try to port this rom to the Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7560?

Направлено со смартфона

pamarthiamesh

Oct 27, 2013
Plz port kitkat ROM for IMO s88(also called intex aqua flash, cynus t1) mobile

Sent from my S88 using XDA Free mobile app

themasterc1

Jul 3, 2014
I know I request ports a lot, but I'd like to see Ubuntu Touch on the Lenovo IdeaTab A8-50 (A5500F). The good thing about this device is that the source code is available on Lenovo's website.

Last edited:

Trinica

Dec 23, 2014
HTC One M8

I know it has already been requested, just letting everyone know there's another person interested in a port to the HTC One M8! I'd like to port it myself if I had the time. =[

ChloeWolfieGirl

Dec 3, 2014
OnePlusOne

I'd love to see Ubuntu Touch on the OnePlusOne, I'm aware theres some work going into it Here but its not done, I can't comment on the post due to lack of activity at the moment so I thought I'd say here that I have some OnePlus One invites and so if anyone can and will help port ubuntu touch to the OPO I have a few invites!

dlcgold

Nov 22, 2014
Hi. Seeing that there is a port for LG l9 i would ask if a port for LG l7 ii, that's not good as l9 but similar, obviously in dual boot, could be possible. We have unofficial cm11. Thank you for attention and sorry for my bad english

Device:
LG l7 2 p710 ROM Miui V5 (4.1.2 )
LG l3 e 400 ROM optimus 1.5 (4.0.4)
Samsung galaxy tab 4 8.0 ROM stock (4.4.2)

Andy.Labs2014

Jan 27, 2015
Is the ASUS Zenfone 5 able to run Ubuntu?

Is the ASUS Zenfone 5 able to run Ubuntu :confused:
I'd like to have Ubuntu on my phone but i am not sure if it run on my phone :good:

Nov 27, 2013
kabul
Xt1023 moto e

I'd love to see Ubuntu Touch on the Moto E XT1023, i'm tired of this CM and Android stuff.
I can't learn with this plataforma, i want some OS that i have freedom to learn new things
It will be perfect if we van port to any de vice, i want to work with this

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
I would like to see the Ubuntu available for mediatek devices such as the haipai-a9500 and other mtk-members. Mt6582 especially.

themasterc1

Jul 3, 2014
How would one go about porting the newer versions of Ubuntu Touch? The current porting guide only applies to the Developer Preview and I want to port Ubuntu Touch to the Samsung Galaxy Avant (SM-G386T).

TheZuirk

Sep 14, 2013
OnePlus One

This might already have been requested a hundret times here but i will too because reasons.
I think the OnePlus One will turn out really nice with ubuntu ontop. looking forward to that! and hopefully i know how to port or code soon so that i can help developing!
:fingers-crossed: :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do not create new threads with port requests!!!

Instead of creating a new thread in the forum with a new request for every device under the sun, post your ideas here. This thread can be used to discuss the possibility, viability or worthiness of a port, then to gather general interest or recruit developers into a project.

All other threads of this type should be reported for deletion to keep the clutter to a minimum.
    Yes the s4 should be main priority for Ubuntu :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app
    Would love to see this on sprint Samsung Galaxy s 4, I know the hardware aspect is good.As for the software we have official cm 10.1 and stable Google edition, and a working cm 10.2. I'm willing to help with testing in any and every way
    Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

I second this.
    Ubuntu on Ace 2

Is the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 able to run Ubuntu?:confused:
    I'd like to have Ubuntu on my phone but i am not sure if it run on my phone

Gesendet von einem pre-rottet GT-I8160 via Tapatalk
    Re: Ubuntu on mid-range devices?

The gio/ace/fit/mini devs can do anything.
    Fully working CM10.1, and more.
    @op
    Gio will get ubuntu one way or the other, if not the devs probably worked their buttholes off.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Yea that's what I hear all the time.. You may have a running cm10 on that device. Sure, but you are comparing native against dalvik VM and that shows you don't understand. You sound like devs are some magicians, we are not, we are human and there are technical limitations on the gio that makes a port useless waste of energy so i am not going to waste time on explaining anymore.

It won't work, just get a new device ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium