Extended Battery Help

Search This thread

jimtc

Apr 29, 2006
We need to find out if anyone has a battery that is bigger than 1500 mah. It looks like the Optimus 2x uses the same battery so I would hope someone has a 1650 or 1800 mah out there. Let me know if a source is found. It would be nice to have an external wall charger as well.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Reactions: MaGSiE

grenademasta

Aug 18, 2010
Check on Ebay every few days. I haven't seen one yet but they make it for most phones. The batteries are thicker than the standard ones and it also comes with a different rear cover to accept the thicker battery. It is usually from China and around $15 or so.

schmit

Apr 21, 2011
Passing through..
Check on Ebay every few days. I haven't seen one yet but they make it for most phones. The batteries are thicker than the standard ones and it also comes with a different rear cover to accept the thicker battery. It is usually from China and around $15 or so.

the optimus 2x has been out for a while, and there's nothing yet.. I agree.. probably will be out soon. too bad they can't pack more punch into the same size.. don't want to make my phone any thicker.. I'll have a case for it where it wont' fit in then..

baldwinguy77

Feb 27, 2010
the optimus 2x has been out for a while, and there's nothing yet.. I agree.. probably will be out soon. too bad they can't pack more punch into the same size.. don't want to make my phone any thicker.. I'll have a case for it where it wont' fit in then..

Sometimes there are extended batteries made that are the same exact size as the stock one but have a larger capacity. For example, I bought a Seidio extended 1750mAh battery for my Droid X which was the same size as the original battery but had about 250 more mAh to it...it gave me a couple more hours on one charge. Hopefully something similar is made for the G2X!

kentrik

That's the nice thing about the Seidio ones. They are a legit company, and they can usually squeeze an extra 150-400 mAh out of the standard size battery. They aren't too terribly expensive, either. I am thinking for now, though, I may have to give one of those ebay ones with the separate battery charger a try....I have had good luck with ebay laptopt batteries, so....it might be worth the $20 for it.

Also, I will start spamming Seidio's twitter. Lol.

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com
That's the nice thing about the Seidio ones. They are a legit company, and they can usually squeeze an extra 150-400 mAh out of the standard size battery. They aren't too terribly expensive, either. I am thinking for now, though, I may have to give one of those ebay ones with the separate battery charger a try....I have had good luck with ebay laptopt batteries, so....it might be worth the $20 for it.

Also, I will start spamming Seidio's twitter. Lol.

Seidio slim extended batteries are usually way lower than what they state. Just run a quick search on here...bottom line, you may as well use the stock battery in most cases.

rotohammer

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
They are a legit company, and they can usually squeeze an extra 150-400 mAh out of the standard size battery.

Actually, they just re-label their inferior batteries with bigger mAh numbers and make a big profit for their efforts.

No company has ever made a legitimate higher capacity OEM size battery ever.

I've spend hundreds of dollars on batteries just to rip them apart, document my findings and test.

Outlaw71

Dec 9, 2010
Outlawville *****es!
Agreed. Seidio does make some legit extended batteries, like the 2500 and 3500 mAh one's they put out for the EVO and Droid X, etc... but the ones that are the same size as the stock battery don't hold any extra juice, they take advantage of the loop hole in the rules concerning how companies can label batteries.

Batteries have a range of mAh that they hold. Say the battery in our device has a range of 1300 to 1700 mAh, most companies will use the average and label the battery at 1500 mAh. Seidio on the other hand will label theirs on the high end of the range at 1700 mAh, which is perfectly within their right to do, but is rather deceiving to the consumer.

rotohammer

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Batteries have a range of mAh that they hold. Say the battery in our device has a range of 1300 to 1700 mAh, most companies will use the average and label the battery at 1500 mAh. Seidio on the other hand will label theirs on the high end of the range at 1700 mAh, which is perfectly within their right to do, but is rather deceiving to the consumer.

There is no range. All the OEM batteries I've tested were within 3% of their tagged rating.

Regarding Seidio, there is no explanation as to why their "same size & higher capacity" batteries consistently deliver less power than an OEM battery.

But don't let me stop anyone from buying their snake oil.

Regarding Mugen, that first link shows a disassembled 3000mAh battery that contained 2 1200mAh cells. I call it fraud, plain and simple. They all do it, I've proved it.

schmit

Apr 21, 2011
Passing through..
Seems kind of shady (these batteries are running for $5-10 a piece) but here's what I found, 1600mah, haha:

Definitely stay away from the 1600mah. I saw those and I emailed one of the buyers.. and asked him for his input on the battery b4 I made a purchase. He said "stay away, they are junk and only hold a charge for a couple of hours. save your money."

Top Liked Posts