So is i717 just flat out a battery killing device with no hope?

Search This thread

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
The phone awesome but you'd think with a large battery. ..battery life would be stellar! !
It sucks on stock and unofficial Rom.
Are we all gonna have to lean to a EXTENDED BATT?
Any tweaks options opinions Specific ssettings or Roms that You don't just see drain 2% every two minutes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

kevinjgray88

Mar 10, 2012
Wisconsin
Before you bash learn how to use your phone and apps that show you what is ratting your battery.
If your that disappointed get a droid maxx

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

darkops32

Mar 3, 2012
Richmond
My battery life improved signifigantly with the ICS rom Revamped, go look for it on the development forums if you don't mind flashing a new rom. :p

kevinjgray88

Mar 10, 2012
Wisconsin
Your phone goes dead every hour and 40 min?
I'm going on 17 and a half hours with 73% battery left. Not a ton of on screen time but a lot of deep sleep but still good to me

merlinsrealm

Oct 3, 2011
I use my note running Saurom RC7.1 with overclocking from 5am until 11pm everyday, I am doing various tasks throughout and have alot going on with different widgets running and such...

5am = 100%
10:15am = 73%

Not sure what your doing but maybe your battery maybe not holding a charge like it should?

Eric

Punchatron

Sep 10, 2010
Do not use Hyperion, QCell or any other cheap ebay/amazon batteries. They are only about 1700mah at best and will kill your phone under moderate use in about 60 to 90 minutes. Maybe less.

I'm on stock GB rooted with all bloat frozen via TB and I can get through a whole day of use on one Samsung OEM batt with light to med usage.

knight4led

Mar 2, 2006
Washington, D.C.
17 hours at 73% is a bit extreme, but so is 2% per minute drain.

I think I can represent a fairly average user. I usually check email, weather and a little reddit during my morning routine. BT is always on and connects to my car while I drive to work for about 30 minutes. I average about 2 or 3 long phone calls a day on my phone. Some text messaging throughout the day and some short internet sessions on my phone while at work. Plus a few minutes here or there for Draw Something. I stream Google Music every day on my way home for about 30 minutes. Once at home my usage varies depending on what I do for the evening. But so far I usually find I have about 50% battery life when going to bed. I actually made it through Friday and Saturday on a single charge.

So I would say that this phone has above average battery life for an android device. It isn't stellar, but it isn't bad either. My Infuse could eek out about the same life with less use. My N1 never made it even close to this length. My buddy's MyTouch 4g can't usually make it a full 24 hours.

Mad383Max

Dec 20, 2009
The phone awesome but you'd think with a large battery. ..battery life would be stellar! !
Any tweaks options opinions Specific ssettings or Roms that You don't just see drain 2% every two minutes

In a word: no

In a picture:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334677774366.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334677774366.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 149

CreekDirt

Mar 16, 2011
Considering the screen size, the battery isn't actually that big. It sounds enormous due to other phones with almost a thousand less mAH, but I just bought a bunch of extra batteries. The removable battery feature is the biggest reason I switched to Android.

sukemecuke

Dec 16, 2010
LTE is a HUGE battery killer. I turned off wireless since LTE is SOOOOOO much faster than any wireless connection I'm on. I'd be lucky if I could get through a workday without it being below 50% by the end of a work day and completely dead by 7pm.

Turn on wireless and it's now almost 3pm and still have 78% left.

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
Lets face one fact everyone is different. .everyone claims this and that and regardless of what carrier or what device people will.never see the batt life they would really.like to see.Say like 50% after 3 days heavy usage that would be a thing we.may see in.smartphones in a few years. Android o.s will always be battery harsh.Its a huge topic.
Another point.on all the claims of Great and terrible batt life has to do with the fact. .people just dont truly get how others may use there devices so heavily..streaming vid...music...downloads...mail sync...Some maybe few truly use there phones 24 hrs non stop. There probably will never be a batt drain solution for those people.So telling one person that batt is fine with all this moderate usage coming from a person who uses there data more like "lightly" rather than heavy, doesnt help a person who is a heavy heavy data user.Neither sides will ever come to an agreement.

Killertofu808

Mar 31, 2012

best thing to do... use setcpu or some other overclock program. make a profile so that when your phone is sleeping it runs at the very minimum. my battery can last me up to two days depending on use. heavy use at the very least 7 hours

Ray_Banci

Jan 25, 2012
This is about how much screen time I get a day with the new collective ics rom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334755257693.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334755257693.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 51

senfinger

Aug 27, 2010
This is no where near the average!
And you seriously must not use your phone, like at all

Wow that is awesome! I'm getting home with a full days use at around 50-60%- It seems to be better than my captivate was on life that's for sure.

I have had mine for two weeks- On side note? hehehe Does cycling a battery really prove to get better life as time goes by or is it a old school story about batteries use to have memory etc... and now they don't?

ChronoReverse

Jun 14, 2010
Modern batteries don't have memory but their battery meters can become decalibrated which can be fixed with a full change cycle. Nonetheless, I don't recommend doing that too often (I only do it like once a year) since that's bad for the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen filter helps with display and the new revamped rom is back up.
    My wife might be a B but she can at least help herself and use the search box