Samsung - King of non-support?

Search This thread

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
In sensu stricto, yes.

In sensu lato, no way.

You see, what is allowed by a system and what is denied by its creator can also be regarded as "support" (...or the lack of it...), in a broader sense.

XK

There are two sides of every coin. Limited hardware and OS variants may be the reason why Apple is more successful in post-sale support. When Apple upgrade iOS, all supported hardware get the them, and get them on the same day. This will not happen with Android for a loooong time.

However, I too like Android for its flexibility and customization. Just don't expect Samsung or Google to show you how to do that. As much as I love my GTab, I still couldn't believe how Android can get away with NOT providing a way for user to backup their in-app data (game levels, documents generated inside app).

Last edited:
Reactions: XDAKhan

XDAKhan

Apr 24, 2012
www.pbase.com
There are two sides of every coin. Limited hardware and OS variants may be the reason why Apple is more successful in post-sale support. When Apple upgrade iOS, all supported hardware get the them, and get them on the same day. This will not happen with Android for a loooong time.

However, I too like Android for its flexibility and customization. Just don't expect Samsung or Google to show you how to do that. As much as I love my GTab, I still couldn't believe how Android can get away with NOT providing a way for user to backup their in-app data (game levels, documents generated inside app).

Yes, I see what you mean...but I don't think replying accurately to customers queries (...or even so much as knowing what's be inquired about...) has nothing to do with the multiplication of devices...maybe it has to do with the fact that Samsung is multi-product, multi-target behemoth.

Anyway, this is now a moot point for me, as I decided to get the 16Gb version in the next few days.

Now that I have established here and in other forums that my need for large amounts of storage (...for the tab to also act as a photo viewer/bank... ) can be sufficiently catered for with the ability to connect a USB flash stick, I'll just get a 128GB one and forget the all-elusive 32 and 64Gb versions of the 7.7.

Today, I pulled the trigger on a 64Gb microSD, a Jabra Clipper, a EFC-1E3NBEGSTA case and a 5$ (!!!) chinese version of the EPL-1PLRBEGSTA USB & SD Connection Kit. :)

From Thursday onwards I'll be in Holland and I'll just get myself a 479 EUR GT-P6800 from Dixons NL, thank you very much :p

...thank you all for the support and help and, especially, thank you zazonk, for the Dixons tip... ;)

XK

九千.

Sep 6, 2011
Anyway, this is now a moot point for me, as I decided to get the 16Gb version in the next few days.

Let me get this straight....regardless of all those poor supports you received and after all those rants against Samsung, you still want to buy from Samsung?!

Aren't you encouraging them to further abusing you?

Do you hear the sound? It is the sound of a fly heading toward a bright blue contraption and died after yelling out loud that contraption was being wrong to him.

Anyway, welcome abroad the pirate ship. :D

XDAKhan

Apr 24, 2012
www.pbase.com
Let me get this straight....regardless of all those poor supports you received and after all those rants against Samsung, you still want to buy from Samsung?!

Yes, because:

1. The 7.7 is the tab that, objectively, best serves my needs.

2. My previous one, the GT-P1000 performed (performs) flawlessly, providing exactly what I expected and needed from it for 16 months already, day-in, day out, in such a competent way that, if it wasn't for the less than convenient recharging cycles, it would be "transparent" to me.

3. What has failed (multiple times) on me, regarding Samsung, is their Pre-buy (un) Support. I've never had to resort to their after sales service, so I don't know the level on that one.

...but since I've already established a direct-link with Samsung Portugal, I don't expect much problems in that area (EC law stipulates they have to provide assistance to any Samsung product bought within the EC).

Aren't you encouraging them to further abusing you?

No, because once bought, you have no idea how the EC legislation protects any item I may have procured from them.

Do you hear the sound? It is the sound of a fly heading toward a bright blue contraption and died after yelling out loud that contraption was being wrong to him.

It's huge and yes it is bright blue...but that's what Samsung is all about.

I was referring to other contraptions. The ones whose lethal nature can not be understood by clueless flies.

Anyway, welcome abroad the pirate ship. :

Thanks...quite some helpful blokes, for a pirate ship :)

XK

Last edited:

九千.

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks...quite some helpful blokes, for a pirate ship :)

XK

Right you are. The form factor alone makes SGT 7.7 worthy. Seriously, the back panal is so cool. ;)

BTW, joke aside, I sympathize your unfortunate experience with their support. In the past they offered best support services here in Hong Kong. So I hope what you have encountered is just an unique case and hope you get much better support services in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi, I also wanted to buy it from Netherlands but got it the last minute somewhere else. But I did find that dixons.nl had good customer support and actally answered my emails, give it a try
    same thing for me around the time the tab plus was released. I called multiple samsung reps, chatted online scoured all the websites. For a few days I believed there would be no 3G version with voice.
    Until someone on Xda sent me the link where he bought his in malaysia.
    Since then I have absolutely given up on their support.
    I had even said, I understand the 3G version will not likely come to US, as the first one didnt make it, and I can understand that, but is there anywhere in the world, I said; that "might" (hint) be selling these?

they're a bunch of parrots reading from their computers or manuals.
    In sensu stricto, yes.

In sensu lato, no way.

You see, what is allowed by a system and what is denied by its creator can also be regarded as "support" (...or the lack of it...), in a broader sense.

XK