[Q&A][Evita] AICP

Search This thread

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

AICP
http://i.imgur.com/9wtSOkh.jpg
For the HTC One XL

Click link here>> [ROM][Evita][Official] AICP - 2.0 - KK <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP.

z7e6jQa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
This rom is rock solid..nothing to report

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Xak
Audio Mods

I just wanted to know if anyone has had issues with flashing audio mods on this rom. like if viper4android is compatible or causes instability. other than a daily driver audio mods are very important to me. this rom is amazing and I have had issues with roms and viper4android in the past on kitkat roms. I just want to be safe
:cyclops:

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
I have viper4android installed, no issues at all.

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
@Techinstein, can I dirty flash from AOKP v2.60 to this ROM or do I need to do a clean install? If I understand correctly, both ROMs are AOKP based, so I think it would be OK, just wanted to make sure.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
@Techinstein, can I dirty flash from AOKP v2.60 to this ROM or do I need to do a clean install? If I understand correctly, both ROMs are AOKP based, so I think it would be OK, just wanted to make sure.

You might be able to but just don't report any "bugs" that occur. I personally don't know why people dirty flash anything.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: raisage

Xak

Jan 12, 2013
www.TiTechZone.com

Yes as @timmaaa said if bugs occur when dirty flashing please try a full wipe and re flash be cause dirty flashing from switching different roms could cause bugs but dirty flashing from the same rom to its update is fine.
@oranget thanks glad you like it!
@cbasse thanks also the lockscreen like completely remove notifications? you can disable notifications for certain apps by going into settings-->apps --> tap the app/apps you want --> uncheck notifcations
@Phreshlatinstyle try downloading and flashing the SU by Chainfire google chainfire su xda and you should see it. Download and flash that. Then install Viper4Android audio and it will work. Most kitkat roms need this for some reason

Last edited:

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
Dang techinstein..you are a mad wizard with these roms. Been missing the ice cold version since my days with my old inspire HD..glad to see you revived it! It has been working flawlessly.. Awesome job!

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
@cbasse thanks also the lockscreen like completely remove notifications? you can disable notifications for certain apps by going into settings-->apps --> tap the app/apps you want --> uncheck notifcations

The only problem with that is that it will remove notifications from that app altogether, not just from the lockscreen.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: Xak

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
You might be able to but just don't report any "bugs" that occur. I personally don't know why people dirty flash anything.

Sent from my Evita

Thanks for the info timmaaa, Techinstein. I don't know about you, but I find backing up and restoring all my apps and app data to be a major pain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it can be avoided, it's unnecessary wear and tear on the /data partition.

I understand the need for full wipes, I'm just saying I prefer to avoid them when possible, save some time.

fadetoblack2104

Sep 29, 2010
Jefferson City
My phone under battery stats is showing the phone awake constantly. Never sleeps on kk ROMs. Is this a known problem?

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Edit: figured out the problem.

Last edited:

raisage

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
min.us
That's what I was thinking as well. I'm hoping to just turn off the lockscreen notifications. With so many options, I'm guessing the option to do so might be there...somewhere. I'll keep looking!

I think what you're seeing is the DashClock widget for Daydream. You should be able to disable that under Display settings.

cbasse

I think what you're seeing is the DashClock widget for Daydream. You should be able to disable that under Display settings.

No, I've never touched the Daydream settings, and just to be sure i went and disabled it and, sure enough, it's still there. Here's what I'm talking about - the two notifications middle right. Kinda looks like Halo, but that's turned off as well...

Attachments

• 1391990795303.jpg
    1391990795303.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: raisage

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
No, I've never touched the Daydream settings, and just to be sure i went and disabled it and, sure enough, it's still there. Here's what I'm talking about - the two notifications middle right. Kinda looks like Halo, but that's turned off as well...

Are your active notifications turned on? If so, turn them off, see if they go away.

Reactions: Xak and cbasse

jacobas92

Dec 21, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've been running this all day, sent 62 messages, have had tremendous battery life, and not a single FC. I don't use active display, but iirc it is currently broken.

Sent from my Wabbajack using Tapatalk Classic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    be patient. its not like OP has to update this...he brought the ROM in his free time, and maintains it in his free time too

at any rate, never ask for ETA's

@Scozzar @pandasa123 @chris906 I will have update coming soon. I will have three versions. Such as AICP 2 , AICP2.5 <-- next version , AICP3. AICP versions with the .5s will be only for this rom other AICP rom maintainers wont release .5 versions but I will to update its base source codes. Updating it like this should fix some errors.

I have been busy with my school work but I also erased my last OS and am setting upa VM and dedicating 500gbs to it along with 4 or more gbs of ram. I have 16 gbs of ram and can allocate ram b/w pc and virtual machine depending on what Im doing. Im doing it like this so I have more storage space available.

I will be releasing AICP 2.5 this weekend or earlier as soon as my virtual machine is all set up. >.- My other rom will also be updated at the same time. Im doing it like this because now I can play games like BF4, AC4, Titanfall at the same time as building roms and coding. Couldnt do it at same time w/out vm so no Im more motivated. Just setting up build enviroment. Then going to set up workspaces for 6 roms im maintaining and finish 2 eng111 essays. :D Thats why Ive been busy.

@nicolahaye this only works on devices with navbars already. Ill ask about getting an option to enable one.

Uh oh....you're in trouble.. Lol

@oranget sorry just have been extremely busy and setting up a build enviroment on vm for more space for school and other stuff. updates for all roms I maintain will be coming soon
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

AICP
    http://i.imgur.com/9wtSOkh.jpg
    For the HTC One XL

Click link here>> [ROM][Evita][Official] AICP - 2.0 - KK <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP.

z7e6jQa.jpg
    Are your active notifications turned on? If so, turn them off, see if they go away.

That was it. Actually, there's a setting for lockscreen notifications that I turned off. Still can get active notifications, but no more of the other. Thanks!

OK. Force closes on messaging.

Well report to the team thanks for letting us know!
    @chrisb906 try wiping cache and data off sms app? then reboot see what happens might work. If not full wipe or try third part sms app like google hangouts as main sms app or Textra.
    @cbasse + @oranget thanks for help each other to solve each others problems! If anyone finds bugs please do @Techinstein or if major bug pm me or also the bug option on top of tab section!

Glad its super stable for you guys! Is on my testing device. A little birdie told me an update is coming. >.- Making AICP for a legacy xperia device also official. Now going to be managing at least 6 roms! :p Thank others and me included if we help you in any way!
    What happened? This place just died?

In only guesting but it looks like development has ended for this ROM, there's been no activity for nearly a month now. It's a real shame because this is an excellent ROM, easily one of the best we've had for the Evita.

Sent from my Evita