[Q] Phone resets to Jan 1, 7:00pm after restarts. Many apps not working.

Search This thread

SenorHuge

Feb 21, 2014
I've been having a very odd bug that started to occur today.

Whenever I restart my phone, battery pull, or turn it off and on it resets to Jan 1st at 7:00pm. Some apps are not working, including BBM (msgs don't attempt to send), Snapchat (gives me a "Google Play not supported by device" notification), and Google Play (no connection error).

Because my phone is "in the past", whenever I send or receive texts they do not appear on the message log due to their time stamps being in the future (I assume so).

What should I do? Should I wipe and re-root. I'm running Liquid Smooth JB 4.2 ROM and have been for nearly 6 months for no issues. I wouldn't expect it to be the ROM.

Another thing, If I do wipe and re-root, how would I completely wipe everything minus the core things? Let me elaborate: I've been having a problem caused by CWM where it is creating multiple "0" folders (which are created to store all the files every time I install a new ROM). I think it's at about 7 files deep now due to switching ROMs daily about 6 months ago. This leads to a very messy internal SD with files all over the place. How would I fix this so it goes back to the normal file structure, pre-root? Do I have to go delete the files by hand on via my PC?

Another thing, what method is recommended to save my People contacts, messages, app data, etc (preferably on an external back up: PC or external SD)?

Thanks in advance!