pre applied factory screen protector ?

Search This thread

koitsu1010

Jun 14, 2010
Just peeled mine off with a sueing needle screen is brighter auto dim isn't causing anyproblems any more and the responsiveness is 10x better thanks for the tips

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just kept picking at the botton corner where the back button is.

That was enough for me; after a few seconds picking at the same corner with my finger nail I managed to get it lifted. The shatter proofing sheet is quite stiff and rigid, much more so than any screen protector I've used before.

Once I'd lifted enough to get a finger and thumb to it I gently peeled across the bottom until I had the whole edge lifted and then changed my grip on the phone and sheet to peel it off evenly all the way down (up?) the screen.

Here is some pics of the shatter proofing sheet as I'd got the corner started.

XPScreen.JPG
    XPScreen-1.JPG
    XPScreen-2.JPG
    XPScreen-3.JPG

Now that was done with I fitted my own screen protector. It was the third time I've fitted one (2x HTC Desire + this one) and I'm quite pleased with the job. There is a couple of bobbles at the top corner as I had to lift it and start again when I got the alignment wrong. Also the manufacturing wasn't great as the left edge has a slight curve in it and the cut-out at top centre wasn't laser cut cleanly.

Here's some pics with the new protector on.

XPZagg.JPG
    XPZagg-1.JPG
    XPZagg-2.JPG
    XPZagg-3.JPG

Hope this helps/encourages some of you to do this. The shatter proof sheet does scratch easily and if all it does is hold the shards of glass together if it breaks then the new protector should do that anyway.

D.

p.s Sorry about the image sizes. I did try to get thumbs working but to no avail.
    Good pics! Can you share any of the phone with no shatter guard/protector on, or none taken?

Sorry dude. Didn't take any pics at that point.

Sent from my Xperia Play via Tapatalk
    I've still got mine on... and have got a huge scratch on my protector...

With my track record for scratching screens, the thing's staying on until I find somewhere to get replacements...

Ebay. You can get 5 for $3-$4 easy. I ordered some.