[ROM] JB-SlateROM, a custom ROM for the HP Slate 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ivan.beograd

Mar 31, 2012
Beograd
Slatekat - kitkat or not for slate 7 2800?

Hello!
New on this thread, couse recently got hands on hp slate 7 2800 model tablet. Nice tablet for basic use, and trying this and that on it, and especially for a schoolboy (my son, to be honest, 8 year old kid) . Any news or progress on rom development? Anyway, thanks for your work on this. One question - on youtube i found some link to slatekat rom (seems to be kitkat), but as my spanish is almost as good as my chineese, can I ask someone with knowledge greater than mine, to see exactly what it is. Link is here . Thanks again, and keep up good work.:good:

Reactions: raul338

raul338

Jul 9, 2013
Buenos Aires
That is a kitkat rom. But he wont post a tutorial until he reaches 150 likes. I think it must be done in CWM removing /system and /data before flashing. Later i will look into the zip and try if i see it convincing.
He tried on a 4600. I have the slate 7 2800 model :S

Reactions: jerbear294

goodguy25

Jan 10, 2011
If it isn't fake then I'm guessing that you have to flash that recovery that's provided in the RAR like it was CWM then follow the README that's there. Only problem is that it all seems to be in Chinese. (I wouldn't flash it on the 2800 or 4600 yet as they're the 8gb versions but that's just a hypothesis.)

_XblackshadowX_

Mar 21, 2014
Taguig City
Guys help my hp slate 7 plus 4200ca is stuck at boot animation after I flash its recovery!! I can boot to recovery and bootloader but not on android
error: cant mount /dev/mount/sdhci-tegra.0/by-num.p0 (or p1 idk): no such file or directory
skipping execution of extendedcommand: no file found

thedeadmandead

Aug 21, 2016
Hp Slate 7 2800 Only option is root only

After reading posts here and trying the china based rooting programs and the JB slate mod, Your best bet for the HP Slate 7 2800 is to do the following.

Install Wondershare Mobile Go on your PC and use the free 5 day trial

Root your tablet with this program. It is very good just make sure the super user app that it install, make sure you grant permissions. If you have trouble with the root...just watch your screen when it says Grant Access and say yes. Later I go into Super User and allow automatic access without the prompts.

Install ClockworkMod 6.03 by putting it on the SD card in your tablet but activating it on your PC by going into my computer and clicking on the program application. Any time you need to boot into recovery just press the up volume key and the power button at the same time. Very nice.

Then install Uninstall app from google play (Root) and it will help suggest certain bloatware programs to get rid off.

If you see some kind of china application (not written in english) ..get rid of it.

As far as going to KitKat...forget it. Or Lollipop...all those MOD and Programs are full of a malware. Do not use any programs from China. There are no MODS or ROMS...all those links on google are fake. All those links with applications written in chinese may work but the amount of malware they install is incredible. Even google warns you to not download these apps and for good reason. Seriously, unless you want to spend a few hours using rogue killer and malwarebytes and other clean up programs, you just need to use Wondershare and have a least a rooted device.

At least you have a rooted device.

Also..all those links with mods for lollipop or any other mod or rom or update to android operating system are just fakes. You want something newer...get a new tablet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I am NOT responsible for any damage you do to your device.

Slate 7 Plus 4200 owners, I have a version of this ROM for you guys as well. You can find it here.

This is JB-SlateROM, a customized and debloated ROM for the HP Slate 7! This was designed for the 2800 but might work on the 4600 as I haven't tested since I don't have a Slate 7.

EDIT: Confirmed working on the 2800!

EDIT: NOT working of the 4600/4601. I'll recook the ROM for you guys when time permits.

Before you can install this ROM you need CWM on your device. Go here to get a build of ClockWorkMod v6.0.3.3.

FEATURES
    Bloatware removed! :victory:
    If the bloatware is still there, go to Settings, then Apps. Find the app and hit Disable Updates. That will delete the bloatware permanently. If it's still there after that I did not remove it. Tell me what you want removed in that case.
    Original launcher has been hidden (saved as an .apk-hide file) in favor of Apex Launcher.
    ES File Explorer added.
    GravityBox Xposed module added.
    App Settings Xposed module added.
    Quick Boot added.
    Xposed Installer added. (Not activated by default! Go into the installer, hit Framework, then hit Install/Update, then hit Soft Reboot or Reboot!)

Download
    Changelog
    v2.0 - Coming Soon :D Complete redo. More bloatware removed and tweaked a few more things... (AKA the "If an android crashes and nobody is around to logcat, can it still be fixed?" Update)
    v1.1 - Removed references to ePrint.kpa (UNRELEASED)
    v1.0 - Initial release.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    The ROM is done!
    I just have to sign the ROM and we'll be done.
    Is that for the 4600/4601 model?

Theoretically the ROM will work on any model but I designed it around the 2800/2801 models.
    Signing now. :D
    Again the status 7error. It says some changes failed. Please help me. My tab is slate 7 2800

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Note: i had formatted system before installing the rom

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

That's because I haven't updated the download link yet. Sorry about that, my server's upload speed isn't the best.