[ROM]InsertCoin 5.0.8 | 3.28.401.9•ART | 4.4.4 | Kontrol Tweaks•Market•IconPacks

Search This thread

hyphydragon

Jul 12, 2011
Fairfield CA
This what you want?

Do this till next update .....

/system/customize/MNS/default.xml

Look for MMS_Msg_Size1, 2, 3, and MMS_Msg_Size_Choose*

Edit values to something like 500K, 1000K, 2000K -- whatever you like. Save, reboot. Might have to clear data on messaging app to get new values to take.

Edit: if it still doesn't work then repeat the process above but also do this file too then reboot... Current values are in data/data/com.htc.sense.mms/shared_prefs/com.android.mms.customizationBySIM.xml. Edit there and reboot.

View attachment 2659822

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

did it and works, thanks so much:D

would the kernel that works on the last build also work on this 1.56 one?
im gonna try it and ill let you know

hyphydragon

Jul 12, 2011
Fairfield CA
Is there some easy way to disable the volume warning that pops up when you have headphones plugged in.

And yes I agree for a 2yr? old phone our DNA is amazing because of these devs.

Last edited:

cal1162000

Nov 20, 2009
Hong Kong
Root Permission

Hi there,
I have just installed the rom and everything works fine. (smooth, stable and awesome looking)
One small problem though, I see superuser in app drawer but i don't think i have root access and neither will the root access request dialogue box appear when i open titanium backup.
I tried both SuperSU and Superuser through AROMA mod selection but none of those work.
Is there any solve? (and of course I cannot install busybox without root access)
thank you for your help.

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
Hi there,
I have just installed the rom and everything works fine. (smooth, stable and awesome looking)
One small problem though, I see superuser in app drawer but i don't think i have root access and neither will the root access request dialogue box appear when i open titanium backup.
I tried both SuperSU and Superuser through AROMA mod selection but none of those work.
Is there any solve? (and of course I cannot install busybox without root access)
thank you for your help.

Don't think it's properly implemented in the HTC One m7 Rom in the one forums either. For now you will have to install the SuperSU zip

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
I see! thanks man. Awesome work really. Something about my old viper rom makes it sluggish like always. now this DNA phone is as sleek as it used to be. muy fantastico

Do Not Take Any Updates From MyHub on insertcoin. As for that i am making one for this rom for the DNA, The one in Rom is for m7

Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
It's a really amazing Rom, would love to open it up to CDMA users, but no devs here are willing to help.

Personally, I've been real busy today and just now got to my Pms.
Saying that you are seeking help but haven't heard anything back yet, might have been a better choice of words.
Because now what you said, is probably true...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Egrier

Jun 4, 2009
Hiawatha, KS
I don't know if anyone else has this issue but, when you select Zoe in the camera options, it locks up the camera app. It then closed out and when I tried to open the camera app again, it just immediately shut down. That's all it will do now. I did a full wipe when I flashed the rom and I'm using the stock kernel.

Last edited:

xXminiWHOOPERxX

Feb 17, 2014
Broadalbin
I don't know if anyone else has this issue but, when you select Zoe in the camera options, it locks up the camera app. It then closed out and when I tried to open the camera app again, it just immediately shut down.

Probably missing libs for it. Will check and see. Remember this is initial release. As for somethings can be broken but I'm hard at work with this Rom. Just be patient with me while I sort everything out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I xXminiWHOOPERxX am the official maintainer of Insertcoin for the DNA & Butteryfly (x920d) & Butterfly S

Come to the DarkSide. Cookies Below:

ic_banner_dna.png

ic_requirements_m8.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Unlocked Phone @ HTCDEV or S-OFF
    * Custom Recovery
    * Common Sense, Brains and logic
    */

ic_agreement_m8.png

By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC Droid DNA (DLX) you agree to the following:

• [*]Your warranty is now void.
      [*]We are NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      [*]Support is limited. We do this as a hobby in our free time. We'll do our best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for us to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever we will ignore your issue!
      [*]Leave the self entitled customer attitude at the door. We are under NO obligation what-so-ever to do anything for you. If we do it is because we like helping people. Using custom work published on XDA is not a right, it is a privilege. If you think otherwise please read here. Or watch this video.
      [*]NO Requests! When we work on InsertCoin we have in mind that we have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for us might not work for you and vice versa . We are not your personal ROM developers and it is not our job nor our intention to make everybody happy.
      [*]Do not come here asking "Hey mate, X rom has that awesome feature and if you don't implement it in your rom, I'll !" You flashed this ROM because you liked it at some point, if that change please stop using it.
      [*]Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible.
      [*]NO ETAs! While we do our best to constantly work on the ROM to improve, *fix and add new features, again this is a hobby! There are periods when due real-life issues we can't spend too much time for InsertCoin! If this becomes an obligation passion fades and we might stop cooking the ROM

ic_sharing_m8.png

• [*]You must ask our express permission!
      [*]You are NOT allowed to use any part of the tweaks files, scripts or propriate InsertCoin apps
      [*]If you get the permission when you use the files you MUST post proper link to this thread and mention ( @baadnewz, @mikrosmile, @V6-Maniac)
      [*]Not respecting this simple rules will lead to reporting to XDA Administrators.

ic_features_m8.png

ROM Base features:
    • latest HTC One M8 Sense 6 & Android 4.4.4 WWE Base 3.28.401.9
    • more languages enabled (FULL WWE)
    • Xposed doesn't work with ART
    • root, busybox and init.d support
    • persistent ADB enabled
    • ramdisk improvements
    • battery life, performance and memory improvements
    • sysro / sysrw binaries
    • openvpn / sqlite support
    • disabled logging & removed bloatware
    • stripped debugging info for improved performance
    • optimized with latest sdk for improved performance
    • trimmed partitions for improved performance
    • zipaligned apps for improved performance
    • flar2's Write Protection MOD to allow S-ON users fully writeable /system partition
    • advanced power menu
    • disabled Persistent Navigation Bar (m8 has it since it has no softbuttons)
    • 5x6 Grid size option in Sense App Drawer
    • Sense Launcher Menu Support
    • Extended Native EQS (15 tiles) props @Jonny for inital Sense 5 mod
    • Ability to map LongPress Home SoftButton for MENU in Settings - Display
    • Smoothest ROM
    • Best Battery Management
    • Fast fixes / updates

[*]InsertCoin Kontrol
      [*]InsertCoin Market
      [*]InsertCoin Themes
      [*]InsertCoin Zip Flasher
      [*]InsertCoin Market Web - The first and only one web interface for custom Hub/Market
      [*]InsertCoin Battery icon packs
      [*]InsertCoin Launcher icon pack support
      [*]InsertCoin PerApp Color
      [*]InsertCoin Extreme Powersaving app remap
      [*]InsertCoin Lockscreen action remap
      [*]InsertCoin OTA Updates
    AROMA Options:
    • optional Lower Proximity Sensor Sensibility
    • optional Louder Speaker Mod
    • optional Stock Boot Animation
    • optional Exchange Email Hack (disable EAS Pin Requirement)

ic_bugs_m8.png

• motion control doesn't work! you need a custom kernel that supports this!

• Vibration feedback on Haptic Keys

ic_dls_m8.png

InsertCoin Website
    I could implement some script to detect adblockers and block access if detected, but I'll rely on your honesty to disable adblockers for insertcoin-roms.org domain.*Are only Google ADS so no viruses or shady java scripts. They are not offensive and won't bother you or force you to click on them, but those ads will help me a lot. Thank you!

Must follow this to get 5.0.x series booting

• Flash latest Firmware and TWRP Recovery
    • Flash Rom zip
    • Try booting it for the first time wait 5-10 minutes ( if it boots then your a lucky one )
    • If doesn't boot go back to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and boot
    • Give it 5-10mins and you should get android updating screen and after that rom runs flawlessly and no need to do this after it boots

Special thanks for helping me along the way to:

• V6-Maniac
    • Turge
    • show-p1984
    • j4n87
    • LeeDroid
    • hamdir
    • franciscofranco
    • omniw0lf
    • snq-
    • mudhi
    • Ace
    • deagleone
    • europn
    • septik
    • blubbers
    • NRGZ28
    • Meltus
    • schoolsux
    • Scabes
    • MarcoHD
    • football
    • lyapota
    • shnizlon
    • team venom
    • wysiwyn
    • Dunc001
    • torxx
    • he_stheone64
    • jotha
    • acer73
    • Basil3
    • grgsiocl
    • Johny
    • And everyone who contributed somehow to the dev community.If i forgot anyone please let me know.

InsertCoin Donors Hall of Fame

@baadnewz || @mikrosmile || @V6-Maniac || @xXminiWHOOPERxX || @hawknest

Donations go to our coffee funds to keep us awake at nights for better and faster development ;)

BIG THANKS GOES TO - For Making This All Possible

• @sun-dream - For being an amazing developer here on XDA, without him this 4.4.4 base wouldnt be fully fuctional. And thanks to him for being reasonable dev. So be sure to thank him for his amazing work on msm8960 devices, and for also for making InsertCoin 5.0.x releases possible. And thanks again for allowing me to use the fixes from your base to fix mine.
    • @bilal_liberty - For helping with all the major bugs of this m7 port
      [* @hawknest for helping with m7 system booting

XDA:DevDB Information
    Insertcoin for DLX, ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    xXminiWHOOPERxX, baadnewz, mikrosmile, bilal_liberty , sun_dream
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.4.2 Firmware
    Based On: M8 Base 3.28.401.9

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0.8
    Stable Release Date: 2014-11-12

Created 2014-05-16
    Last Updated 2014-11-12
    InsertCoin DLX v3.0.7 - Has been released

CDMA users go ahead and download as there is now support for you guys. Also sorry for the long wait. just got my DNA back but has a cracked screen. and i plan to continue IC development, dont plan on giving my dna away ever again. So if you feel generous be sure to help me out on geting a new screen.
    InsertCoin PerApp Theme w/ BlinkFeed Color Control
    IC_PerApp_Theme_Blue.png

With InsertCoin PerApp Theme you can choose any Color that is available within HTC's Sense 6 themes.
    Now with PerApp 2.0 you can set Color independent from your current choosen theme. Just like you can have Message Green, Settings Purple, Mail Dark-orange and etc.
    Currently PerApp engine is supported by following System/ROM apps:

• InsertCoin Kontrol
    • BlinkFeed
    • Browser
    • Calendar
    • Calculator
    • Contact/Dialer
    • FM Radio
    • Mail
    • Stocks
    • Tasks
    • Settings
    • SystemUI
    • Sound Recorder
    • Weather

We know that it is not full list of System apps that support HTC Theme, they have some problems with injecting our PerApp theme engine,
    but we are working very hard to implement it as soon as we find the problem. Soon enough you will be able to set one Color scheme for all System apps

InsertCoin Kontrol

InsertCoin Kontrol application is used to control various InsertCoin Tweaks, replacement for ROM Kontrol script

SystemUI
    • RecentApps Style - AOSP/HTC
    • StatusBar Clock Style - Right/Center/Hide
    • Enable/Disable Volume icon
    • Enable/Disable Traffic monitor
    • Enable/Disable Bluetooth icon
    • Enable/Disable Alarm icon
    • Enable/Disable IME Swithcer icon
    • Enable/Disable HTC Sync notification icon
    • Enable/Disable PowerSaving notification
    • Enable/Disable MTP Notification
    • Enable/DIsable HEQS

InsertCoin PerApp Theme
    • Change HTC Theme color option for specific apps

InsertCoin Extreme Launcher remap
    • Change list of apps in Extreme Power Saving mode

Buttons
    • LongPress back button to kill app
    • Choose Capacitive button backlight levels
    • Remap Volume keys

Various
    • Enable/Disable AOSP Lockscreen
    • Enable/Disable CRT animation
    • Enable/DIsable SMS Wake
    • Choose Auto-brightness algorithm
    • Enable/DIsable Noise suppression

Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-27-02.png Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-27-10.png Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-27-16.png Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-27-22.png Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-27-34.png Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-27-41.png Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-27-49.png

Just trolling Dr android, cuz he asked for OTA. Didn't mean to offend you. Take your time I'm sure it's worth the wait [emoji7]
    About 85% of the tweaks are working right now. And will release after I redo aroma and will release an OTA when I fix the last bit of tweaks.
    1b0ccca973675e8e47a71610a37da4b0.jpg

689d0b1aa39195c31950ce503cb08df9.jpg

a6d2237c7aa713dbe53f0fe21020da63.jpg

EDIT 1 : almost every tweak is working
    except our button tweaks... Will work on them after release and will work on aroma tonight and aim for a tommorow or later this week release.

EDIT 2 : All tweaks are working with ART and Dalvik only button tweaks are broken at the moment.

EDIT 3 : Aroma is all done , just a bit more rom cleaning before it's ready for release. I see Friday as a time frame . :)
    Just an update , InsertCoin 5.0.6 KK 4.4.4 is coming soon for DNA... No more details as of now ;)