Will T-Mobile LTE tablet work on ATT network?

Search This thread

wolfyx

Aug 2, 2007
London
Hi,

Can you please help me out with this question - will T-Mobile LTE Tablet work on ATT network (LTE).

I want to get the LTE version of the Galaxy note but I dont want to use T-Mobile network but would like to use a ATT network on it.

I was wondering if the tablet will get the LTE speed on ATT network?

Thank you.

Regards,

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I'd tried it last night- the P607T is SIM-locked to a T-Mo SIM. I normally buy my tablets outright, but at 0% financing and $20/mo for 3GB 'til the end of the year, I went contract for this one. But the good news is in 90 days I can ask for my SIM unlock code (if I don't find a way to hack it beforehand :) ).

wolfyx

Aug 2, 2007
London
I'd tried it last night- the P607T is SIM-locked to a T-Mo SIM. I normally buy my tablets outright, but at 0% financing and $20/mo for 3GB 'til the end of the year, I went contract for this one. But the good news is in 90 days I can ask for my SIM unlock code (if I don't find a way to hack it beforehand :) ).

Hi, thanks for some clarification. But do you think it will work with AAT? do you see any issues with band thing.

and enjoy your tablet, I seriously want to buy it asap but just trying to figure out if I can get around this network issue.

Cheers

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
But do you think it will work with AT&T? Do you see any issues with band thing?
Oh, sorry- yeah, I'm nearly certain it will. T-Mo is 1700/2100 (AWS) and now 1900 in the markets they'd won from AT&T after the failed merger, and AT&T is 1900 and 850 (see here for details). T-Mo is on LTE Band 4, and AT&T is on Bands 2,4, and 17 (see here for details).

The SM-P607T is LTE on bands 1/2/4/5/7/17 and HSPA+/UMTS on 850/AWS/1900/2100MHz (see here for full specs), so I'm sure it'll work on any North American network at full speeds (SIM lock issue notwithstanding).

But I'm fairly unhappy with the T-Mo signals I'm getting in the San Francisco area when I'm outside the city; I have the hardest time keeping data going when I'm on CalTrain, whereas my OG Note 10.1 on AT&T only had an issue in the tunnels. I'm going to have to either flash a better(?) radio (I'm willing to give up LTE for better UMTS) or find a way to SIM unlock this baby ASAP so I can go on AT&T.

wolfyx

Aug 2, 2007
London
Oh, sorry- yeah, I'm nearly certain it will. T-Mo is 1700/2100 (AWS) and now 1900 in the markets they'd won from AT&T after the failed merger, and AT&T is 1900 and 850 (see here for details). T-Mo is on LTE Band 4, and AT&T is on Bands 2,4, and 17 (see here for details).

The SM-P607T is LTE on bands 1/2/4/5/7/17 and HSPA+/UMTS on 850/AWS/1900/2100MHz (see here for full specs), so I'm sure it'll work on any North American network at full speeds (SIM lock issue notwithstanding).

But I'm fairly unhappy with the T-Mo signals I'm getting in the San Francisco area when I'm outside the city; I have the hardest time keeping data going when I'm on CalTrain, whereas my OG Note 10.1 on AT&T only had an issue in the tunnels. I'm going to have to either flash a better(?) radio (I'm willing to give up LTE for better UMTS) or find a way to SIM unlock this baby ASAP so I can go on AT&T.

Thank you that helps alot. Next stop T-Mo shop :)

jpuma1616

Dec 15, 2010
Verizon LTE Version

Do you already have a plan for removing the SIM Subsidy lock? I've heard that even with bought-outright tablets it's some work to get T-Mo to recognize that.

Hello, I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Verizon LTE version and I'm using it now with a T-Mobile prepaid sim card, no sim lock on this version and I can get LTE or 4G signal on ATT and T-Mobile.

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
It's confirmed! I'd gone to Cellunlocker.net and SIM-unlocked my device (I'd previously tried IMEI-Unlocker.com, but they weren't able to do it), and tried a Net-10 SIM from my phone and was able to get LTE on AT&T .

I've got a real AT&T SIM at home that's currently in my OG Note 10.1, but I don't think that one's provisioned for LTE- in any case I'll post a Screenshot from the Network Status Monitor app in a few hrs.

I got a good deal on data from T-Mo (200MB free + 1GB free 'till 12/31/14 + $2GB for $20 = 3.2GB for $20/mo), but the signal just isn't there when I need it on my commute and an AT&T iPad data plan is just $30 for 3GB (and far more reliable for me).

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
... and after re-registering my AT&T "iPad" data SIM for LTE, I can now confirm I get LTE on AT&T.

I have a full-size VZW SIM laying around that's got an old Moto Xoom $20/1GB plan on it I haven't gotten rid of yet- I'll see if I can get a VZW store to give me a new Micro-SIM and see if that works, too.

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area

biswasd

Nov 24, 2007
att iPad lte sim

Caveat - VZW has some LTE Band 4 (which we have), but is primarily Band 13- which we don't have in the P607T- so as soon as I'd gone outside the SF city limits, I got no signal.

(Mods, feel free to collapse all my replies into one if you wish.)

Hi all.

I have a problem I'm hoping to get some feedback on. So I have the t-mobile version of this tablet. I unlocked the network via cellunlocker.net.

It reads my at&t iPad Sim just fine and lte works. Then all of a sudden I keep getting no data error. All apps that require data star that there is a net work error.

Basically the data keeps timing out. I have verified the apn settings for att broadband from my att note 8.0. So they are fine.

Anyone else experiencing this problem with an att sim?

dmunjal

Dec 2, 2006
Hi all.

I have a problem I'm hoping to get some feedback on. So I have the t-mobile version of this tablet. I unlocked the network via cellunlocker.net.

It reads my at&t iPad Sim just fine and lte works. Then all of a sudden I keep getting no data error. All apps that require data star that there is a net work error.

Basically the data keeps timing out. I have verified the apn settings for att broadband from my att note 8.0. So they are fine.

Anyone else experiencing this problem with an att sim?

You ever get this resolved? I just bought one of these and am going to attempt to unlock it and put in an ATT SIM.

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
Basically the data keeps timing out. ... Anyone else experiencing this problem with an AT&T SIM?
You ever get this resolved?
FWIW, I've run many GBs of data thru my AT&T SIM (across a fair stretch of the SF Bay Area's Peninsula) and haven't had this problem; I suspect the above poster may be in a marginal AT&T (LTE?) area.

One of the things @biswasd could try is flashing the Nordic P605 4.4.2 ROM (which I've modified to prevent Odin errors from trying to reflash the bootloaders and radios and have uploaded here); I'm currently running this (with zero issues) and there's a new selection in "Mobile Data" that allows you to do only 3G/2G data; when I'm on the train in the a.m. this helps as the radio will try hanging onto an LTE signal longer than it needs to as I'm doing 75MPH and who knows how many tower handoffs (and I will see temporary data stalls sometimes when on LTE Auto Select).

Last edited:

dmunjal

Dec 2, 2006
FWIW, I've run many GBs of data thru my AT&T SIM (across a fair stretch of the SF Bay Area's Peninsula) and haven't had this problem; I suspect the above poster may be in a marginal AT&T (LTE?) area.

One of the things @biswasd could try is flashing the Nordic P605 4.4.2 ROM (which I've modified to prevent Odin errors from trying to reflash the bootloaders and radios and have uploaded here); I'm currently running this (with zero issues) and there's a new selection in "Mobile Data" that allows you to do only 3G/2G data; when I'm on the train in the a.m. this helps as the radio will try hanging onto an LTE signal longer than it needs to as I'm doing 75MPH and who knows how many tower handoffs (and I will see temporary data stalls sometimes when on LTE Auto Select).

That's good to hear. I'm also in the Bay Area and have been on AT&T forever. But I'm tired of their locked bootloaders and lack of updates on their Android tablets. My Note 8.0 i467 is still on 4.1 and will be on the market soon if the P607T works well on AT&T LTE.

This is the first time I'm trying a TMobile variant. Once it arrives from Amazon, I have to unlock it, root it, and maybe try the ROM you mentioned. Any other ROM recommendations? Especially to get rid of the TW lag.

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
... if the P607T works well on AT&T LTE.
It does- and it also works pretty good on T-Mo too, as long as you're not in one of their black holes :D (but FWIW I really haven't found a T-Mo area that's totally dead in the Peninsula yet).

It's really non existent on this device, though. I have side-loaded the Google Now Launcher 'cause I'd wanted GN right on the device (and have Frozen "S-Search"/"S-Voice"), but really TW isn't an issue.

Oh, and:
Once it arrives from Amazon
It's too late for you now, but for others- unless you're getting a significantly-lower price than $600 for a P607T, T-Mo US' "$0" down (really ~$65; you have to buy a SIM for $10 and pay Sales Tax on $600 up front, at least here in Cali) and 0% financing offer can't be beat, esp. since you get 1GB/mo for free 'till the end of 2014 and 200MB/mo for life after that.

dmunjal

Dec 2, 2006
It does- and it also works pretty good on T-Mo too, as long as you're not in one of their black holes :D (but FWIW I really haven't found a T-Mo area that's totally dead in the Peninsula yet).

It's really non existent on this device, though. I have side-loaded the Google Now Launcher 'cause I'd wanted GN right on the device (and have Frozen "S-Search"/"S-Voice"), but really TW isn't an issue.

Oh, and:
It's too late for you now, but for others- unless you're getting a significantly-lower price than $600 for a P607T, T-Mo US' "$0" down (really ~$65; you have to buy a SIM for $10 and pay Sales Tax on $600 up front, at least here in Cali) and 0% financing offer can't be beat, esp. since you get 1GB/mo for free 'till the end of 2014 and 200MB/mo for life after that.

So, you bought the device on Tmobile but run it on AT&T? Is it possible to run AOSP or CM11?

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
So, you bought the device on T-Mobile but run it on AT&T?
... and Verizon, too (well, OK only in one of VZW's newish "Band 4 xLTE" areas :) ). I did buy a $20/3GB plan from T-Mo when I got the tablet, and I switch SIMs around from time-to-time.

Is it possible to run AOSP or CM11?
Don't know; didn't look, but normally I don't 'cause aftermarket ROMs on high-end Samsung devices tend to have missing features anyway so I never bother. I even like the standard kernel (despite it being non-OCed and sooo many revs back) that I'm not going to bother publishing an upgraded kernel like I usually do on the other tablets I've owned.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks kcrudup, was hoping you'd see this! :)
    The magic of "Auto-Subscribe"! :)
    Thought there were only a few choices: SM-P607TZKETMB (T-Mobile)
    Well, going by your post, I'd implied (but did not verify) that there was an SM-P60X being sold by AT&T, which I'd imagine would be one of the SM-P605 models (LTE w/o the T-Mo bands).

If you don't want to buy from T-Mo then SIM-subsidy unlock, there's always the option of buying a gray-market SM-P605M (IIRC, the "M" variant has (some) US LTE bands- be sure to research that) from somewhere like Negri or Amazon.

In any case I'd avoid the Verizon model, as they tend to not accept unsigned images (Knox or not) which prohibits rooting, and probably don't support all the US LTE bands.