Oops! Pocket and Titanium Backup DON'T Mix

Search This thread

beeglej

May 19, 2007
To start I broke my holster this morning. So I put my phone in my pocket like everyone would do. I apparently didn't lock the phone first. (This of course being just after I rooted and installed some Root features such as Titanium Backup) This led to only God knows, my phone opening many apps including TiB and settings. Somehow google account syncing stopped working. I read some suggestions and tried them all including a factory reset. After the reset nothing changed now except I had a phone that had no contacts or anything else tied to google. I retried editing the hosts file in /etc. I cannot edit it with Root Browser, Root Explorer, or even after using another program called mount r/w r/o. I did another stupid thing by deleting the host file in an attempt to replace it with another I created. Only good news is now the google account will get past the screen that says i don't have a reliable connection to the server. Still cannot access the play store but I do now have calendar, contacts, and a few other things. Any ideas how I could write to /etc

Sincerely,

My stupid self.

P.S.
I already ordered another holster.

EDIT: I factory reset once more and play store started working. I did root again and the host file is still deleted.

Last edited:

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
If you're not worried about your apps and data, you could always ODIN back to stock and start over. It may not be the best way to go, but its definitely the easiest...I already did it 3 times since the root came out XD

beeglej

May 19, 2007
If you're not worried about your apps and data, you could always ODIN back to stock and start over. It may not be the best way to go, but its definitely the easiest...I already did it 3 times since the root came out XD

I read if you have the OTA version you can't ODIN back since the newer firmware is not out. I didn't get to the phone in time when it OTA'd. I will probably do that when the newer firmware is out. I am not anywhere close to a dev. So if I am way off base correct me its the only way I learn.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Reactions: beeglej

Top Liked Posts