[CAR AUDIO] XTRONS TD620A - 6.2” Android HD w/ Multi-touch
Just bought and installed this 2-DIN headunit! So awesome to finally have Android in the dash. So far it seems great.
- Multi-touch is a nice touch
- Able to install my own apks without connecting to the Play Store
- Finally get to use Live Wallpapers without worrying about battery drain
- Built in fan
- Start up time kinda sucks
- Wifi seems to trip out when downloading via phone tether
- Ipod icon in the dock (how clueless is that?? Android and Apple aren't friends)
*Actually to be honest, I kinda understand it. A lot of people use their ipods/iphones to listen to their music. My major gripe about this though is that- I CAN'T GET RID OF IT! I don't want an Ipod app on my Android. I would like to figure out how to get rid of it. I'd much rather put my bluetooth icon in the doc.
So far I've installed Skype, Space Colony Live Wallpaper, Maps With Me, and RecForge Lite. I haven't tried TB or Root Explorer yet, as I don't have root access (yet!). It comes preinstalled with Gmail, Email, Angry Birds Rio, Radio (the FM Radio app), EZ File Explorer and several other apps. It runs really smooth for the most part.
Anyone else have this unit yet? Anyone tried rooting it yet? Please share your experience in this thread.
- Samsung Galaxy Note II | Assassin | Alliance | Stock <---<>---> XTRONS TD620A Android Car Stereo
- HTC Desire Z | MIUI | BeatMod BlissSense Hybrid | Sense 3.5 (retired)
- HTC Touch Pro 2 | ROM: 1.19.707.2 (51489) WWE | Radio: 220.127.116.11 | HardSPL: 0.85 OliNex (retired)
- HTC Softbank X01HT (retired)