Gingerbread P1010 for Korean Galaxy Tabs

Search This thread

splattx_x

Mar 31, 2011
Sorry

According to this webpage the Korean Galaxy Tab got the gingerbread update on November 2, 2011

http://www.samsung.com/sec/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/wi-fi/SHW-M180WCWOO-support

I was wondering if we have anyone from Korea who can confirm that they actually were able to get the gingerbread update... and i wonder when the rest of the GT-P1010 tabs will get the gingerbread update

Sorry to tell you this but I was able to download the supposed tar file for the update but unfortunately I learned from it that the korean model uses the same Samsung SOC as the P1000, while our P1010 uses a lower performance TI OMAP. So I'm guessing that's why they got Gingerbread update and we most likely will never get it :( the worst part is that without Gingerbread bootloaders development is effectively stuck since all the "cool stuff" is developed for GB based devices

shahbaz5588

Jul 17, 2009
Thats gay... samsung seriously screwed up big time... they are just diggin a big hole of unsatisfied customers... after experiences like this u really start hating a company like that... no tech support, no reliable info, total lack of communication, and list could probably go on...

i am glad my next android tablet was asus eee pad transformer... been using it for 4 months and the support n upgrades have been smooth, quick, and most of all very stable...

splattx_x

Mar 31, 2011
Well, let's hope I'm wrong. Under all pronostics Samsung updated its GT-I5510 but I wouldn't get my hopes up for the P1010 seeing all the new tabs they're releasing and being the only one with the OMAP processor. It's a shame that Samsung makes these really great phones, I actually really like them, but the update support, ugh... it's just inexistant. A real pitty :(