TWRP for 4.4.2

Search This thread

BlackHayze

Nov 8, 2013
So I just got my LG G2 yesterday after having an HTC One without issues for a while. I had TWRP installed on the HTC One from day one, and am now trying to do the same on the G2.

The question I have is will TWRP work on the G2 if it is already on 4.4.2? This is the thread I found: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2522965

The One never had anything to do with different firmwares affecting how you install TWRP or anything like that so I'm making sure I don't do anything wrong and brick my phone after a day.

Some more info: I am already rooted using ioroot 25, as I said it is on 4.4.2, and if you guys need any other info let me know which info you need and I'll find it and post it up.

Thanks for the help!

nbeverli

Mar 3, 2014
I have tried using flashify to install TWRP 2.6.2.img file on my ls980 with 4.4.2 kitkat and it started to fastboot. After that i just used lg flash tools to revert my lg back to stock.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
Twrp will not work on the zvc update. The loki exploit was shut down by lg.

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
To get recovery installed is kind of tricky right now. Some people have soft bricked or worse bricked but then they end up with no download mode on their phone. You can use the lg flash tool to downgrade to zva or zv8 and go that route to get twrp and run custom roms.

Reactions: BlackHayze

BlackHayze

Nov 8, 2013
To get recovery installed is kind of tricky right now. Some people have soft bricked or worse bricked but then they end up with no download mode on their phone. You can use the lg flash tool to downgrade to zva or zv8 and go that route to get twrp and run custom roms.

Oh boy, I may just wait it out until a little more stable version comes around, I don't wanna brick a brand new phone. Xposed will have to do for now haha.

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah that's what I'm doing. Flashing stuff for different devices for a while. Getting a few scares but always able to fix the phone, But g2 is turning out to be a different animal. There is some new partition in the update that is causing this problem with the download mode.Till the dev's get the zvc update figured out it even makes me a little leary of using the work arounds .

gobyray

Mar 24, 2013
Well this just stinks! Finally have a day off to play around with my phone and now read I can't install a custom recovery. This is CaCa! :crying:

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
You can do a downgrade tot to zv8 or zva and use twrp and custom roms.

BlackHayze

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah that's what I'm doing. Flashing stuff for different devices for a while. Getting a few scares but always able to fix the phone, But g2 is turning out to be a different animal. There is some new partition in the update that is causing this problem with the download mode.Till the dev's get the zvc update figured out it even makes me a little leary of using the work arounds .

Yeah, that's how I feel. My HTC One was a breeze to use as far as TWRP and unlocking the bootloader, plus it was fairly hard to actually brick that phone. Until I get more familiar with the root scene on the G2 I don't want to try doing anything that could damage the phone.

Is it worth downgrading?

You can do a downgrade tot to zv8 or zva and use twrp and custom roms.

I have just switched carriers from Metro using the LG Esteem which I owned for 2 years waiting patiently for CM 10 to work. When I was researching the G2 I noticed all the roms available especially CM 11. I don't mind going through all the work to downgrade if in the end I will have a butt kicking rom that offers all that KK has plus?

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
If your flashaholic and like cm roms yes. I'm on stock rooted kit kat for now Not a real big fan of Cm roms. But that's just me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.