HTC One S with NFC ?

Search This thread

pookipsy

Aug 6, 2012
1S and 1X remind me of nokias C7 and N8.
the diff between the c7 and n8 was so minor that it was wired.
another thing is, both phones started without NFC, but C7 got NFC via software update, while its still the cheaper phone like 1s to 1x.
there is a chance 1s got NFC hidden there but who knows.

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
Funny how that guy made videos claiming the 1s has NFC someone noticed it 8hr after it was released on YouTube (very unlikely if its not stated to have NFC why do people YouTube it ? ) then in that 24 hr time frame its posted on xda the guy then reads xda forums and makes. another video in response to somebody on xda so the guy reads xda but does not want to share Its a load of bs don't get your hopes up guys we don't have NFC

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Reactions: mjm128 and a13xemz

David111jr

Feb 5, 2011
Funny how that guy made videos claiming the 1s has NFC someone noticed it 8hr after it was released on YouTube (very unlikely if its not stated to have NFC why do people YouTube it ? ) then in that 24 hr time frame its posted on xda the guy then reads xda forums and makes. another video in response to somebody on xda so the guy reads xda but does not want to share Its a load of bs don't get your hopes up guys we don't have NFC

Fist off no disrespect but, I'm the one who found the video originally and asked if it could be true around here. And since my thread diddnt say anything about NFC the guy who posted this op saw my thread and made a new one with a better thread name.

Secondly I was looking it up on YouTube because I just got the phone and wanted to know if it had it. I think NFC is more useful then people think and Im still. Hoping its true.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
NFC doesn't exist on the phone. I hate to crush hopes but the sheer amount of self delusion is sad. NFC operates at 13 MHz. This means that it really needs a massive antenna for proper reception and transmission. Almost the area of a battery. Do you see any area that big that is not covered by metal? Metal completely grounds RF transmissions, if you followed the Transformer Prime debacle you would know this.

Anandtech also posted analysis on the iPhone 5 chassis and came to the same conclusion. Like the iPhone 5, the One S simply doesn't have the necessary RF window space to implement NFC.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Terminator19

Mar 13, 2011
NFC doesn't exist on the phone. I hate to crush hopes but the sheer amount of self delusion is sad. NFC operates at 13 MHz. This means that it really needs a massive antenna for proper reception and transmission. Almost the area of a battery. Do you see any area that big that is not covered by metal? Metal completely grounds RF transmissions, if you followed the Transformer Prime debacle you would know this.

Anandtech also posted analysis on the iPhone 5 chassis and came to the same conclusion. Like the iPhone 5, the One S simply doesn't have the necessary RF window space to implement NFC.

Once again......

how do you explain the xperia P then?

It has a metal uni body as well and the plastic part at the top is very tiny and at the bottom, which is even smaller, in fact, smaller than the one s plastic parts.

So surely if what you said is true about pretty much any metal chassis used and NFC not working due to it, then the xperia P wouldn't support NFC, yet it does.......

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_p-4436.php

I am not saying that the S doesn't or does support NFC, however, I am not just going to write it off completely when we still have no idea how he did the other videos, could just be a very well timed tasker but do we know that for a fact? No.

Until someone posts proper hard evidence showing that it isn't possible at all, be it a developer analysing the S hardware and software/drivers saying that it doesn't then it is very possible that the feature is there, it just has been disabled like a lot of other phones and certain features. Likewise for it supporting NFC.

The only thing I will say is why hasn't this guy bothered to post a guide on what he did, where to look etc. or provide a zip package to flash in the recovery. This isn't the first time something similar like this has happened either i.e. my previous samsung spica i5700 had a developer called Gabriel and he got certain stuff ported over to the spica and certain issues fixed yet never posted his work, guides or what to do and only posted blurry videos and screenshots showing it off, he was a bit of a **** though, always looking for praise and slagging of other developers work and making it clear that he thought he was the best developer ever. And the work of his was possible as other developers eventually ported these changes and fixes themselves, just took longer.

Last edited:

de_annere

Feb 13, 2010
http://www.intomobile.com/reviews/htc-one-s-review-one-you/

Have a look at the latest comment:

"Possibly our one gripe about the One S is that HTC didn't include NFC"

Umm ... I hate to bust your bubble but the One S **DOES** have NFC and works very well too!

Not only that, I've personally used the One S to pay for purchases, bump transfer files to other phones including communicating with other phone brands such as Galaxy III S and also have a security setup at my office that can read the security code from my phone at the door.

But anyway --- yes, the One S does indeed have NFC just the same as the One X.

I can't confirm for the "One V" as never used it but I can certify that NFC is definitely on board in the One S.

He doesn't even mention changing something in the software...my comment there asking him for more information is currently waiting for approval.

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA

Sorry to burst your bubble man, but there is no way in hell that the iphone 5 is NOT going to have NFC. there are already features built into IOS 6 to take advantage of this.

Also, wouldnt an FM radio be considered an RF transmission as well thus further squashing your theory.

Not trying to be an ass here, but you are stating all this like you know it for sure, like you work with this stuff, yet most LIKELY this is all from crap that you read online.... just sayin..

i have already said that i seriously doubt we have NFC in here but there is a SLIM chance.

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
Sorry to burst your bubble man, but there is no way in hell that the iphone 5 is NOT going to have NFC. there are already features built into IOS 6 to take advantage of this.

Also, wouldnt an FM radio be considered an RF transmission as well thus further squashing your theory.

Not trying to be an ass here, but you are stating all this like you know it for sure, like you work with this stuff, yet most LIKELY this is all from crap that you read online.... just sayin..

i have already said that i seriously doubt we have NFC in here but there is a SLIM chance.

To be fair, FM radios in phones use a plugged in headset as their antenna...

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
To be fair, FM radios in phones use a plugged in headset as their antenna...

I was just going to say that.

For one, FM radios and NFC operate on entirely different frequencies (different wavelength), requiring different sized antennas. The FM radio in the phone requires the use of a headphone cable as an antenna. In theory, since NFC uses a lower frequency (larger wavelength) than FM, it should require a larger antenna. But, we all know that isn't the case with phones so they designed their antenna another way. And since none of us (thus far) are electrical engineers who specialize in data communications we're just going to have to agree that nobody knows for sure. :p

Dverez

Jun 4, 2012
Today I took my S4 into the smallest pieces (even the shields above the chips on the motherboard) and I did not found any chip with NXP on it.
I found one chip which was a TriQuint TQM7M5013 (Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE-Linear Power Amplifier Module) next to the 2 Samsung memory chips and the Qualcomm processor.
I still have hope there might be a NFC chip in the S3 models...

Last edited:

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks dverez for proving that we dont have nfc

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

kyuubi_ac

Oct 13, 2011
Hamburg
lol.. now that would be really funny if the S3 has NFC but the S4 not. Pure chaos. ^^ At least it would be a little comprehension for all those poor mates who only got the S3, so: :fingers-crossed:

de_annere

Feb 13, 2010
Today I took my S4 into the smallest pieces (even the shields above the chips on the motherboard) and I did not found any chip with NXP on it.
I found one chip which was a TriQuint TQM7M5013 (Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE-Linear Power Amplifier Module) next to the 2 Samsung memory chips and the Qualcomm processor.

If you do it again, please post some pictures! Gadget pr0n ftw!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've had real evidence that the HTC One S supports NFC.

unfortunately an UFO with green creatures went by and soldered the chip out :(

I love this thread...keep posting and stay tuned!
    If you do it again, please post some pictures! Gadget pr0n ftw!

First of all I wanted to but I could not find my old camera because lately I used my phone only, secondly I`m newbie on this site and the forum motor would not let me to post any links. I`m not sure If I could upload any picture directly (today I`ve found my old digital camera so I could make pictures).

Mod: I made some pictures now and uploading to my Dropbox.
    Hey moderator could you close this thread?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    We don't have NFC !

What is your proof / source of knowledge. Please don't post if you don't evidence or any knowledge at all about a topic.