[AOSPA 4.3 JLS36C] PARANOlDANDROID 3.99-RC2 (OCT20) | HALO | HYBRID | PIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alan310

Oct 18, 2010
I used Matrix for about 2 weeks on carbon rom and my phone was getting hot and a couple random reboots and force closes. Switched back to the stock kernel carbon comes with without changing anything else and havent had a problem yet
Moving to SOAP. Phones are made in batches with some batches having slightly different parts. What may be awesome for the majority can give a heartache for a few. Looks like the latest iteration of Matrix and 3.15 [on my batch] may prove to be a deadly combination.

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
Any word of a fix for hanging on reboots? Battery pull only works half the time. It's pretty annoying. I just installed PA for the first time today, and I'm getting it like some others have reported. I wiped and cleared cache & dalvik cache 3x each, and even did it again to see if it would clear this issue, and it doesn't.

Namolas

Feb 6, 2009
Vancouver
Any word of a fix for hanging on reboots? Battery pull only works half the time. It's pretty annoying. I just installed PA for the first time today, and I'm getting it like some others have reported. I wiped and cleared cache & dalvik cache 3x each, and even did it again to see if it would clear this issue, and it doesn't.

I could never find a fix for it and it was a bit too much to deal with. I made a backup to come back to and moved on to another ROM. Patiently waiting for a fix.

Luminair

Mar 10, 2011
How is the battery life on ParanoidAndroid at this point? I used it earlier in the year but found that my battery was being eaten up pretty quickly.

dannymac77

Apr 4, 2011
Loved PA on my G'Nex. Unfortnately had to roll out of it on my N2, and it's really not an issue with PA as it is with 4.2.2
Navigation will not work and love using wiimote also broken in 4.2.2
Today as I left work (wifi) lost all cell signal.
Reboot caused a boot loop on the jelly bean color changing guy
Batery pull and booted into recovery, cleared cache and it still stuck on loop
factory reset brought it up but hung on updating apps
another battery pull finally brought it back up.
Sucks on something called cleanrom with 4.1.2 now
I know alot of what makes PA cool is the 4.2.2 features, but wish they made one with 4.1.2

G

gatormark08

Can someone please mirror? Devhost won't download. Just hangs at 0% for me. Thank you.

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
So, has anybody figured out how to actually change LCD density without making half of the apps on the Play Store disappear? This is the one thing I loathe about Android. LCD density should not affect what apps you're able to install or get updates for! I just had 125 apps on the Play Store turn into 71 through changing one of the LCD density settings in PA settings.

Ugh. The usefulness of having such a large screen is almost entirely mitigated (for me) by having everything be gigantic. I'm not sure which item I changed the density on caused the problem, as I changed a ton of installed apps before rebooting. Anybody know of any apps I shouldn't touch so I can keep full Play Store access?

benwalburn

Jan 9, 2012
So, has anybody figured out how to actually change LCD density without making half of the apps on the Play Store disappear? This is the one thing I loathe about Android. LCD density should not affect what apps you're able to install or get updates for! I just had 125 apps on the Play Store turn into 71 through changing one of the LCD density settings in PA settings.

Ugh. The usefulness of having such a large screen is almost entirely mitigated (for me) by having everything be gigantic. I'm not sure which item I changed the density on caused the problem, as I changed a ton of installed apps before rebooting. Anybody know of any apps I shouldn't touch so I can keep full Play Store access?

Use the Hybrid properties and put the phone into phablet mode, or change the apps to 240. Shrinks everything nicely. It won't break updates for anything if you do it correctly.

Sent from my Note 2

Reactions: wizayne

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
Changing the Play Store app density is what broke it for me. Ended up wiping and starting over, gotta keep the Play Store at 320; which is fine, I don't care about the gigantic UI in there.

Still a very annoying aspect of Android, IMO.

Mike The Menace

Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland
www.mikemillsjr.com
Long time XDA User, current Note 2 owner...I just wanted to say I check this thread at least three times daily anticipating an update. Kudos to the dev on this amazing Rom. I'm a Target Mobile Manager in Cleveland, Ohio and I proudly show off my Note 2 with your Rom on my phone. I guess you could say I'm converting standard users into Root Gurus one sale at a time lol Great Job!!

Reactions: slick_rick

_g6_

Mar 20, 2013
LOVE PA...it's working almost flawlessly on my Note 2. One question...is anyone getting an error with the camera shutting down and not being able to connect occasionally? Sometimes I'll pull open Instagram or the Camera app, and it will come up with an error "Could Not Connect To Camera". I've made a nan, clean flashed, dirty flashed, and yet....it persists. Is there anything I can do outside of a battery pull to fix?

Otherwise this is a great ROM. Keep up the good work!!

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
LOVE PA...it's working almost flawlessly on my Note 2. One question...is anyone getting an error with the camera shutting down and not being able to connect occasionally? Sometimes I'll pull open Instagram or the Camera app, and it will come up with an error "Could Not Connect To Camera". I've made a nan, clean flashed, dirty flashed, and yet....it persists. Is there anything I can do outside of a battery pull to fix?

Otherwise this is a great ROM. Keep up the good work!!
Camera is still iffy on AOSP for some. When I get that error I usually just boot to recovery and fix permissions.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

_g6_

Mar 20, 2013
Camera is still iffy on AOSP for some. When I get that error I usually just boot to recovery and fix permissions.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

So I went to Recovery and fixed permissions. That seems to have fixed it for now (knock on whatever material is around), as well as a 4G lock issue I was having. Thanks for the suggestion. Never even thought of that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts