[GUIDE] How to setup a NFC Key

Search This thread

mulderfbi

Jun 7, 2006
Sofia
Hi,
I know it`s an old thread,but after i ve got everything working,and manage to unlock my N4 with a tag by following the instructions i have one problem....When i use a tag to unlock the phone,the first time i touch the HOME button after it`s unlocked,screen locks again. I can navigate through home screens,open the drawer and so on,but if i press the HOME button screen locks. If i unlock it with the PIN, everything is OK........is there someone with the same problem ?
Thanks !

OK,so i` ve updated "NFC LockScreenOff Enabler" to the latest 1.9.7.4 version and the initial problem was gone,but there is a different one now.... When i unlock my phone with the tag, the first time i switch it off and on again it never locks. The second time is OK,but always the first time it goes to sleep never locks.
The scene:
-Unlock with tag-->goto sleep by it self,or by pressing power button-->press power button to wake the phone-and phone is still unlocked ! If i press the power button to turn it off-then after waking it up,its locked,as it should be.
It works normal if i use the PIN to unlock it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

M1k3Carson1369

Jul 18, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
was great on my S3, but on S4....

Hey, thanks so much for an awesome contribution. I used this on my Sprint S3 running AOCP... Recently upgraded to the S4 and can't seem to get the NFC to detect my tag until I've woken and unlocked my screen... is there a simple way I've missed to enable NFC when screen is asleep or locked....?

M1k3Carson1369

Jul 18, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Okay, I actually realized that I hadn't yet installed the xposed framework and NFC lockscreen off enabler...

But after I did that, and it now reads NFC tags while locked/sleep.... still won't unlock the screen....

Any ideas, or extra steps required on the sprint s4? I'm running the TriForce ROM... standard kernel etc...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

ascsa

Oct 25, 2011
Okay, I actually realized that I hadn't yet installed the xposed framework and NFC lockscreen off enabler...

But after I did that, and it now reads NFC tags while locked/sleep.... still won't unlock the screen....

Any ideas, or extra steps required on the sprint s4? I'm running the TriForce ROM... standard kernel etc...

Have a look at the NFC LockScreenOffEnabler settings. There should be a "Authorized NFC tags" setting. Add your tag and that´s it :cowboy:

Reactions: M1k3Carson1369

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm pretty new with making a tutorial on XDA. If I'm doing something wrong or you have a suggestion to make, then feel free to PM me :)

What's NFC Key?

NFC Key is a method of unlocking your phone (from the lockscreen) by simply touching your NFC tag on the back of your device.

Requirements

☞ Rooted Android Device ☜

☞ "NFC on lockscreen" MOD installed ☜
    If this MOD is not yet supported on your device, kindly ask one of XDA members to port it over to your device!

☞ An NFC Tag ☜
    A tag that can be written. Meaning if the tag is "Read-Only", then this probably won't work!

☞ Tasker ☜
    Download

☞ Secure Settings ☜
    Download

☞ NFC Task Launcher ☜
    Download

Install Tasker before any other Tasker-related apps in order to avoid any sort of conflicts

How to Setup

Secure Settings

Go to "Preferences"
    Check "Device Administrator"

Go to "Helper" Tab & Click "Helper is not installed"
    Wait for the Download...
    Click "Verify Helper" just to be sure...

Please Tell Me if the Image Comes Out Broken!!!

Tasker

Go to "Preferences"
    Go to "Misc." Tab & Click "Allow External Access"

Unzip "NFC_Key.prj.xml" from the Downloaded File "NFC Key v*.0.0"
    Move the "NFC_Key.prj.xml" to [Root of ur SDcard] > "Tasker" > "projects"

Long Press the "Default Project" & Click "Import"
    Click "NFC_Key" to Import

NFC Task Launcher

Go to "Settings"
    Click "Notifications"
    Click "Notifications" (again)
    Click "None"
    △△△ Optional △△△ Optional △△△ Optional △△△​

Click "New Task" [Plus Sign at the Top]
    Click "NFC" as trigger
    Choose the Name of the Task & Click "Add Actions" [Plus Sign at the Top]
    Check "Tasker Task" Under "Tasker"
    Type "NFC Key" for the Tasker Task (Case Sensitive!!!)
    Click "Save & Write" [Arrow Sign at the Top]
    Scan an NFC tag & Click "Done" [Check Sign at the Top]

Download

☞ August 23, 2013 ☜
    View attachment 2207295

This version requires Expandable Notification. I believe that's 4.1.2 and above!

☞ August 13, 2013 ☜
    View attachment 2185891

☞ August 3, 2013 ☜
    View attachment 2163581

Helpful Links

☞ Places to buy the NFC tags!!! ☜

Change Log

v2.0.0 [Aug 23, 2013]
    - Add a scene for new UI
    - Add a option to change the User's name
    - Add a coding that enables/disables Screen Off detection depending on a NFC Key status (That could save some battery life??? lol)
    - Changed the static notification to expandable notification
    - Arranged the Tasks so it's cleaner​

v1.1.0 [Aug 13, 2013]
    - Locks when screen turns off​

v1.0.0 [Aug 3, 2013]
    *** Original ***​

▶ UPDATE: NFC Key v2.0.0 ◀
    Thank you for your interest!

Thank You All for Your Interest! :)

Have a look at the NFC LockScreenOffEnabler settings. There should be a "Authorized NFC tags" setting. Add your tag and that´s it :cowboy: