[INFO] [REF] VS980 Roll Up -One Stop-

Search This thread

commzod

Oct 2, 2010
Cedar Rapids
So here's my dilemma I've been trying to figure out for a while. About a month ago my VS980 stopped being recognized by USB, nothing. It will charge, but windows says something about the "USB device malfunctioned". Since I have been trying to figure out away to revert as close to "Stock" as I can, so that when I get it warrantied they don't charge me for being rooted and voiding warranty.

TOT and KDZ methods are both useless since I need the PC to recognize and no PC will.

I've found stock firmware to download http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/VS980/Stock_Firmware

so....
A) Can the 11A zip there be flashed with TWRP to give me a non-rooted device?
B) How can I then flash the stock recovery.img from here http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/VS980/Stock_Firmware/11A_Partitions

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this figured out.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
So here's my dilemma I've been trying to figure out for a while. About a month ago my VS980 stopped being recognized by USB, nothing. It will charge, but windows says something about the "USB device malfunctioned". Since I have been trying to figure out away to revert as close to "Stock" as I can, so that when I get it warrantied they don't charge me for being rooted and voiding warranty.

TOT and KDZ methods are both useless since I need the PC to recognize and no PC will.

I've found stock firmware to download http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/VS980/Stock_Firmware

so....
A) Can the 11A zip there be flashed with TWRP to give me a non-rooted device?
B) How can I then flash the stock recovery.img from here http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/VS980/Stock_Firmware/11A_Partitions

I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this figured out.

Those links appear to be dead. Sorry about the late response.

edit-
Ok, I see what you did there...
I think that is a flashable zip. You could also flash xdabbeb's 24a modified rom, it would be close enough for warranty.
If it bricks, it's still broken enough to return...............

Last edited:

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
To answer your question more directly, you should be able to flash the 11a rom, then flash the 11a recovery(I use flashify to flash recoveries), then unroot from within the superuser app.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Anyone know how to remove the question mark SIM from the status bar when using a company other than Verizon?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: 1heffer

GrzlyAdms

Nov 20, 2013
Has anyone come across a MOD or setting that removes the wifi/data messages or warning that pop up when you toggle wifi/data on stock-based ROMs. I'm currently running xdabbeb's VS98024A v1.1.1. Amazing ROM by the way! I toggle data and wifi on/off quite often (thanks to horrible reception in my office), but the messages/warnings that pop up every time drive me crazy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Has anyone come across a MOD or setting that removes the wifi/data messages or warning that pop up when you toggle wifi/data on stock-based ROMs. I'm currently running xdabbeb's VS98024A v1.1.1. Amazing ROM by the way! I toggle data and wifi on/off quite often (thanks to horrible reception in my office), but the messages/warnings that pop up every time drive me crazy.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I looked and came up empty.

Reactions: GrzlyAdms

DCnovicky

Jun 13, 2010
Well, thanks for looking! I assumed that was the case as all of my search efforts had the same results.

Between G2 exposed and G2 tweak box you can disable every status bar notification expect the mobile data one.. Lol.. Maybe put in a request to one of the devs....

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Between G2 exposed and G2 tweak box you can disable every status bar notification expect the mobile data one.. Lol.. Maybe put in a request to one of the devs....

I think he was referring to the pop-up notification in settings. If not, then you're right.

DCnovicky

Jun 13, 2010
I think he was referring to the pop-up notification in settings. If not, then you're right.

Yeah, it gives the same pop up notification when toggling mobile data from quick settings bar...

DCnovicky

Jun 13, 2010
Same with airplane mode. I didn't realize how much I dislike those pop-ups until you brought it up.

Yeah, see G2 tweak box gives the option to hide the airplane mode pop-up but not the mobile data pop-up ... That's why I was suggesting for @GrzlyAdms to see if the dev could add that one in.... I don't toggle data so doesn't bother me but could understand his frustration.

Reactions: 1heffer

GrzlyAdms

Nov 20, 2013
Yeah, see G2 tweak box gives the option to hide the airplane mode pop-up but not the mobile data pop-up ... That's why I was suggesting for @GrzlyAdms to see if the dev could add that one in.... I don't toggle data so doesn't bother me but could understand his frustration.

Sorry for dropping out of the conversation for a bit (was having some problems logging into my xda account).

Yep, I was referring to the annoying pop-ups. I never really noticed them until I ran an AOSP rom for a bit. Once I switched back over to a stock-based ROM, I was floored at how they hadn't bothered me before. I will definitely put in a request to the dev.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Sorry for dropping out of the conversation for a bit (was having some problems logging into my xda account).

Yep, I was referring to the annoying pop-ups. I never really noticed them until I ran an AOSP rom for a bit. Once I switched back over to a stock-based ROM, I was floored at how they hadn't bothered me before. I will definitely put in a request to the dev.

Keep me posted. ?

Top Liked Posts