[CM11][3.6][DISCUSSION] Discussion thread - Galaxy Player 3.6 - CyanogenMod 11

Search This thread

fangblade386

Sep 17, 2014
Ohhh, my bad. I apologize. It appears I misread the title.

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA Free mobile app

Kuosut

Jun 5, 2014
Hi, because it seems progress has pretty much halted can anybody instruct me as to how to jump directly from cm11 to cm7? I have not had cm7 on this device before.

lukassteinle

Oct 18, 2014
Hej guys,
when i press install in clockworkmod,
then clockworkmod says me does the zip Installation abortet!!
Can you help me?:)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Free mobile app

Sep 5, 2014
ClockworkMod Install

Hej guys,
when i press install in clockworkmod,
then clockworkmod says me does the zip Installation abortet!!
Can you help me?:)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Free mobile app

Lukassteinle,

I believe you have the incorrect version of ClockworkMod Installed. If you were upgrading from the CM7 build from Androthan, you would have had the OLD CWM version, which does not support flashing Android 4.x roms. You would have to install the new version of the recovery, and sideload the .zip from your computer (because the internal memory is not currently working).

I know this because I tried it too ;) If you read the whole install guide and follow the directions, you should get it working.

Hope that helps,
Henry Hilliard
(and don't forget to hit the thanks button if I helped you in any way!)

Reactions: lukassteinle

lukassteinle

Oct 18, 2014
Cant install the ROM! Please Help!!!

Hello developer team,
when I try to install the zip file,
is always there: some symlinks failed!
I wipe everything, including Dalvik cache!
Does anyone have a solution?
Many thanks in advance! :)

lukassteinle

Oct 18, 2014
It does not go!

Lukassteinle,

I believe you have the incorrect version of ClockworkMod Installed. If you were upgrading from the CM7 build from Androthan, you would have had the OLD CWM version, which does not support flashing Android 4.x roms. You would have to install the new version of the recovery, and sideload the .zip from your computer (because the internal memory is not currently working).

I know this because I tried it too ;) If you read the whole install guide and follow the directions, you should get it working.

Hope that helps,
Henry Hilliard
(and don't forget to hit the thanks button if I helped you in any way!)

I have ClockworkMod installed version,
which is available for download, so 6.0.4.9!
I've tried it I've installed the orginalrom again and immediately the zip via adb sideload (as in the manual!) installed.
I have a picture of how it looks after installation. (sorry for my bad English, I translate with google)
It is then available as:
failed to open driver control: No such file or directory
Restarting adbd ...
Finding update package ...
Opening Update package ...
E: cant open /tmp/update.zip / bad
installation aborted.
knows a thing you can do as ??
thank you:([/ATTACH]

Sep 5, 2014
CWM Install

I have ClockworkMod installed version,
which is available for download, so 6.0.4.9!
I've tried it I've installed the orginalrom again and immediately the zip via adb sideload (as in the manual!) installed.
I have a picture of how it looks after installation. (sorry for my bad English, I translate with google)
It is then available as:
Restarting adbd ...
Finding update package ...
Opening Update package ...
E: cant open /tmp/update.zip / bad
installation aborted.
knows a thing you can do as ??
thank you

So first, one question, just for personal knowledge: are you running Windows or Linux?

And, the only explanation I have is that you might have a bad download of the ROM. So maybe if you re-download the ROM and Boot image again and follow the directions, it MAY work.
No garauntees though :D

Oh, and I forgive your bad English ;)

Hope that helps,
Henry Hilliard
and don't forget to hit the thanks button if I helped you!!​

Sep 5, 2014
Update?

Hey XDA,

I'd hate to be one of those guys, but is there still any development on this ROM?

Thanks,
Henry Hilliard:rolleyes:

Diabzik

Feb 24, 2014
I also have eagerly anticipated further development news over the last several months and until now also wanted to ask the same question.

scooty809

Oct 29, 2013
Ok, since the USB port and WiFi do not work, did I technically just brick my phone? After installing this I cannot get into recovery mode as it boots straight into Cyanogenmod. I can't connect to my computer without the USB.

Sep 5, 2014
OK, so you technically haven't bricked your player. Bricked means the phone won't actually boot. And yes, with the current release of CM11 for this device, you cant dual boot into recovery. Androthan is supposed to fix that in the next release.

What you want to do is reboot the player into ODIN mode. You do this by turning the device off, hold the volume down and power keys until you see the screen turn on. Immediately after that, push the volume up key and the screen should change. You should be in ODIN mode.

Then, you will connect the player to your PC and reflash the original ROM to the device using the ODIN Downloader for windows. If you have none of these files (ODIN Downloader and/or original ROM files), let me know and I will get them to you somehow.

After you have done this, you will have the original ROM and recovery flashed to the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

scooty809

Oct 29, 2013
Thanks Henry. Unfortunately I must have lost the ability for my computer to use the USB port and it is not being recognized by my laptop. If you can point me in the right direction for finding the original files, I would appreciate that also. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I just got this.

OK, so you technically haven't bricked your player. Bricked means the phone won't actually boot. And yes, with the current release of CM11 for this device, you cant dual boot into recovery. Androthan is supposed to fix that in the next release.

What you want to do is reboot the player into ODIN mode. You do this by turning the device off, hold the volume down and power keys until you see the screen turn on. Immediately after that, push the volume up key and the screen should change. You should be in ODIN mode.

Then, you will connect the player to your PC and reflash the original ROM to the device using the ODIN Downloader for windows. If you have none of these files (ODIN Downloader and/or original ROM files), let me know and I will get them to you somehow.

After you have done this, you will have the original ROM and recovery flashed to the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Mavireck

Feb 9, 2015
Deleted

(Because the project is discontinued, it became useless)

Last edited:

Androthan

Jan 6, 2013
Munich
github.com
Need testers for new Custom Firmware

If you want to test my new ROM, please send a private message to me, i'll send you informations, instruction and the download links.

The new ROM will come with WiFi, Bluetooth and Camera working 

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,

so.. I'm back with CM11 for our players.
    Two days ago I continued my work!
    I'm working a lot and I'm sure that I'll publish the next version soon.
    If you want to be up to date with my developments, checkout my GitHub account!

Androthan :)
    Android 4.4.3

***Android 4.4.3 is out***

Google released the Android update 4.4.3. This update contains mostly bugfixes and improvements (Read more here: http://liliputing.com/2014/06/whats-new-android-4-4-3-kitkat.html) Don't expect any new features with this update. CyanogenMod is currently merging Android 4.4.3 into CyanogenMod 11, so we have to be patient. As soon as this is done, I'll update my local source code.
    Expect Alpha 3 in the next 4 to 5 days.
    Hello XDA,
    I'm very sorry to say that I'm actually very very busy with my private life (gf, friends, school blah blah) and this project has too wait some time, but IT'S NOT dead! I'll be back soon, but actually I can't afford the energy for this.
    Just btw, Android "L" will also make its way to our players ;)

Androthan :)
    Can GP 3.6 support 1200 Mhz overclock ? I read the motorola defy can be overclock to 1300 Mhz.

EDIT :
    With conservative governor (1100-600 Mhz), I get a better antutu score than ondemand governor : 4807 points.

I'll try to get it to 1.2 GHz (I already know what to do). But I'll to do when CM11 is a lot more stable.
    1.3 GHz seems to be a bad idea, it could burn out the cpu and drain the battery

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app
    Next release won't need ADB for installing ;)