[ROM] Nero v2 - Team Whiskey - *12/20/10*

Search This thread

Oskiee

Apr 20, 2009
Installed, and working wonderfully. However i did find a bug, I normally place a folder with my starred contacts on the home screen, whenever i try to open the folder, the launcher forcecloses.

Last edited:

dizzy21

Feb 4, 2009
A Bit North of CHI-TOWN
Loving This Rom!!!!

Just wanted to say i am loving this rom. Flashed Axura 2.2 last night and thi morning found this lovely update.

just one question? is it better to use OCLF or eugene's super I/O?

Will the Super I/O kill my battery?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work!!!!

t1n0m3n

Jan 27, 2009
Chicago
Just wanted to say i am loving this rom. Flashed Axura 2.2 last night and thi morning found this lovely update.

While SuperIO helps this ROM a lot, this ROM is still laggy. For example, open Aldiko, open a book, the exit all the way out. Stock - 6 seconds to exit, SuperIO - 2 to 3 seconds, Voodoo - about 1 second.... Any other rom, and SuperIO would make Aldiko exit instantly...

Something is not cooked all the way on this ROM I think. I have to use Voodoo, just to keep from smashing the phone against the wall from the lag frustration. Normall SuperIO is enough for me. I have tried SuperIO, DoW13_BLN, and StockJL1+Voodoo so far.

Still looking for a better solution though.

I don't like OCLF since it makes the phone flaky over time. (Although OCLF/EXT2/Loopback is the fastest)

Reactions: dizzy21

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus

I'm actually running this build with the super io kernel and OCLF. Runs smooth.

Reactions: dizzy21

Bobomo

Nov 14, 2010
I feel stupid for asking this, but: where is and what is the "genie widget"? I can't find it in my "Add to Homescreen" menu...

willsnews

Sep 1, 2010
Chicago
Does this rom also come with the reboot/download mode option on the power off page cause I like that

egc+voodoo jk6

cwalker0906

Nov 2, 2010
chicago
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I guarantee you this was not user error. I have been flashing since G1 days. I follow directions to the "T". I was running Nero Beta 3, JL+Voodoo Supercurios kernel. I did a back up with Titanium pro of my apps, did a full system back up, disabled Voodoo with TW disable file, went into recovery with CW and ran the Nero v1 zip, not tell me where I went wrong please, cause if it was user error I would like for you to point that out.

When i flashed marios kernel i had to diable from the clockwork option flashing disable did mot work

mygti02

Jan 28, 2009
Oswego, IL
There is a Bluetooth issue. With Nero Beta 3 when i connect my phone via BT to my car it would work fine, and download all of my contacts with out an issue, but now, with this version it connects but refuses to download my contacts. Any ideas if this can be an easy fix or am i going to have to wait and hope it gets fixes in another version?

spiz516

Mar 25, 2010
First, great rom!

What is up with LauncherPRO as the default home screen? I would rather have Touchwiz. Don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of LauncherPro and I even purchased me a copy of it. It's just i've gotten used to Touchwiz.

When I go into the app drawer, there is that pesky Home button just an inch above the home button on the Android. Why do you have that there?

I can't add my own app shortcuts on the home landing (botton of home screen).

Why can'y I go into the settings of LauncherPRO and set it up the way I like it?

Please make a version with Touchwiz on it.. Even though I paid for LauncherPRO, i personally prefer Touchwiz, since Samsung plays nice with Touchwiz rather than LaucherPRO (speaking about the built-in stask killer) it doesn't show Touchwiz, when it shows all the other home launchers to kill. YES!! the built-in task killer shows the Home Laucher as a task EXCEPT for Touchwiz. Don't believe me? Test it for yourself.

I don't believe this is LauncherPro. If it was, you'd see it as an installed application, would be able to access the LP settings, and would be able to add LP widgets.

Also, the vast majority of users hate Twiz, including most developers. There are recent roms with Twiz if you prefer to go that route.

jrizk07

May 30, 2010
Installed, and working wonderfully. However i did find a bug, I normally place a folder with my starred contacts on the home screen, whenever i try to open the folder, the launcher forcecloses.

Confirmed this bug but only on the stock launcher. If you run launcher pro the FC does not happen and it opens up the folders without a hitch.

Also on the stock launcher I can make a normal folder and put things in there so that works just fine. For some reason though if a folder contains contacts it crashes.

Flapjack

Aug 17, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Figures, another here that flashed beta 3 last night. This one looks really good though. Gonna flash it as soon as I get home.

I have a question, though.

Before beta 3 I tried macnut 14. I wasn't impressed, but the dialer actually handled contacts the way the stock ROM did. With all the latest TW ROMs, it seems that if I start dialing using someone's name, all their numbers come up without labels. On Macnut, the person's name comes up once, you touch it, and all their numbers show up with labels (mobile, home, etc...).

The only thing I can think of is different dialers, as they look totally different. Beta 3 has the big green call button in the middle, while Macnut has the all-black dialer with the call button on the lower left.

What's the best dialer to use with this ROM, or does this issue not exist with V1?

Thanks in advance.

tyyamamoto

Mar 19, 2010
In regards to your car bluetooth. I just tested mine and it worked just fine. All the contacts loaded up and I can voice dial just fine. Maybe it's something else besides a rom bug? I had issues with my contacts not loading up right when I was on stock 2.1 and I found that clearing my MS exchange contacts from the phone and loading only google contacts fixed it. Don't know if it's something else, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Last edited:

HRodMusic

Nov 30, 2010
Seattle
so after reading a couple post of peoples phones rebooting after trying to record video in 720p, i gave it a shot and and my phone also rebooted, soo i confirm this bug, has this happened to anyone else?

btw im running super io and oclf.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

Nero v2:
    - JL4 system files
    - JL4 kernel
    - JL4 modem
    - 4 lock screen options (stock android, glass, fascinate, epic)
    - Disabled battery full notification
    - Reboot options added to power menu (reboot, reboot recovery, reboot download mode)
    - Nexus S microbes live wallpaper
    - Nexus S nexus live wallpaper
    - Nexus S car dock application
    - Nexus S Power Widget
    - Nexus S icons
    - Nexus S audio/notification files
    - Nexus S Launcher
    - Nexus S Wallpapers
    - Nexus S Genie Widget
    - Nexus S transition animations
    - Nexus S settings menu icons
    - Heavily modified frameworks (gingerbread)
    - New Market
    - New Titanium Backup
    - New Rom Manager
    - New Voice Search
    - New Maps
    - New YouTube
    - New Google Voice
    - New Gmail
    - AOSP mms
    - Spare parts (allows for animation speed tweaks)
    - Mounting issues fixed
    - Phone number identification fixed
    - Init script edits for smoother UI
    - Custom bootanimation
    - Custom shutdown sound (linda)
    - Very fast, very stable....especially with voodoo!

Download:
    Nero v2 w/voodoo 5.0.1 - really fast! Thanks Supercurio!
    Nero v2 w/stock JL4 kernel - *coming later tonight*

Mirror:
    Nero v2 w/voodoo 5.0.1

NOTE: If you do not want to run voodoo, simply flash the rom, then disable voodoo via instructions below. Essentially, you will be running a stock kernel at this point.

Voodoo 5.0.1 Details:
    - Supports larger nand chip
    - Converts full system partition to ext4
    - Incredibly fast, solid, and stable. Much better than rfs or ext2 file system
    - Disable voodoo directly via clock work recovery

Installing Nero v2 w/voodoo 5.0.1:
    1. Place nero_v2_voodoo.zip on internal sdcard
    2. Disable ANY and ALL other lagfixes (yes, this includes ext2 one click lagfix! You cannot run both)
    3. Reboot into clock work recovery via rom manager or manually
    4. Select 'install zip from sdcard'
    5. Select 'choose zip from sdcard'
    6. Select 'Nero_2_voodoo.zip'
    7. Select 'Yes - install Nero_2_voodoo.zip'
    8. Wait for installation to finish
    9. Reboot
    10. Once reboot is selected, your complete file system will be converted to 'ext4', this will take roughly 2-4 minutes. Please be patience and wait. You will hear Linda's voice telling you that its being converted, this is how you know its working.
    11. Your phone will finish booting after conversion. Now you're done!
    12. You MUST disable voodoo first if you decide to flash anything else - instructions below

Disable Voodoo:
    1. Reboot into clock work recovery via rom manager or manually
    2. In CWR menu, select 'voodoo lagfix'
    3. Select 'disable lagfix'
    4. Select 'go back'
    5. Select 'reboot system now'
    6. Your file system will now be converted back to rfs. This will take about 2-4 minutes, be patient!
    7. Once your phone reboots, reboot back into clock work recovery and you may now flash anything of your choice
    Looks like we're off to a good start. For those who don't already know, this thread is following the new suggestion from the town meeting:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=871476

Another suggestion:

If you want to say "Thanks" (or similar) to the OP, use the provided button. If you need to post such comments like "Thanks", "Downloading now!", etc (if that's all you want to say) instead merely click the "Thanks" button alone. It will reduce clutter and increase the readability of this thread. That's what I plan to do if I decide to try it. Again, it's merely a suggestion for keeping things clean while this thread is still fairly short. :cool:

For those that are asking about the Haptic feedback, the OP says it's working (for the keyboard, at least). :D
    If anyone wants to take it for a test run, here ya go. Full JL5 based Nero 3 w/voodoo 5.0.1. Its finished aside for a couple mods I'll be adding later today.

Remember! This has a voodoo kernel, and don't forget to disable your current voodoo before you flash this.

I will officially release this tomorrow and update the OP. Everything is pretty much the same except this is a full JL5 build.
    Nero v1 Video Review

For those of you who wanna see how Nero v1 looks, here's a video showing off some of its features. Enjoy!

Rom link back up. Current rom file NOW includes camera fix. If you flashed the rom prior to the new rom file being uploaded, simply flash the camera fix listed below the rom link.