Screen protector

Search This thread

kabuki8888

Jun 7, 2010
Szczecin
I've just removed factory protector. Pull it up a bit with a scalpel tip and when you can catch it with your fingers or nails then pull it up. It will come off hardly but it WILL. At some time I had feeling that display will come out but it was only feeling. It won't leave any glue on screen. After removing the tape the tape the touch experience i better. I had same experience with my earlier Xperia X10.

I take no responsibility if you damage your screen

Last edited:

kulen

Jun 27, 2008
Zagreb
does Xperia ARC S (LT18i) also come with screen protector already applied?

and btw does it come with one extra protector and leather case?

shouldn't digitizer be over screen so if you scratch "screen" you actually scratch digitizer, which is more expensive than screen protector, but much cheaper than screen itself?

Luhccas-X10

May 26, 2010
Fortaleza - Ceará

shouldn't digitizer be over screen so if you scratch "screen" you actually scratch digitizer, which is more expensive than screen protector, but much cheaper than screen itself?

Yes.
In my retail package don't came with any extra protector :(

Reactions: kulen

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
is the included screen screen protector any good? or is the screen really scratch resistant?

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Just removed the shutter-proof thing, feels very good and is responsive :)

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Pedro Pinto

Jan 10, 2012
Hey guys,

I heard a lot of stories about the "factory screen protector" and I'm still wondering what I should do. Actually it seems it has an extra-thin screen protector, however, I already read that Sony Ericsson doesn't recomend to pull it out and we should install a new protector over that one. Is this "Sony Ericsson Statement" true?

In addition, what do you think about invisibleShield protectors from ZAGG? Thank you!

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Well, works good without that thing :D

Zagg make protectors where your fingers can't slide over very well form what I've read.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hey guys,

I heard a lot of stories about the "factory screen protector" and I'm still wondering what I should do. Actually it seems it has an extra-thin screen protector, however, I already read that Sony Ericsson doesn't recomend to pull it out and we should install a new protector over that one. Is this "Sony Ericsson Statement" true?

In addition, what do you think about invisibleShield protectors from ZAGG? Thank you!

Factory Screen Protector is nothing but extra-thin... Try extra-thick.
It's 3 times thicker than a normal screen protector and it gets greasy from fingertips way too fast. I removed it after a week and applied a matte screen protector I got from eBay. Screen brightness is reduced but no more finger marks on the screen. A clear one should be perfect.

brian85

Jan 19, 2011
I really hope there is a screen protector on there (i see what appears to be a thin layer of something) because I just purchased this phone and I have micro scratches all over the screen.

Has there been any official statement saying there is actually a factory screen protector on there?

Pedro Pinto

Jan 10, 2012
I really hope there is a screen protector on there (i see what appears to be a thin layer of something) because I just purchased this phone and I have micro scratches all over the screen.

Has there been any official statement saying there is actually a factory screen protector on there?

It definitely has one :)

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
I think SE claimed the screen as "scratch resistant" because of the preinstalled protector. If you remove it, it will be scratched easily.

lammy29

Jan 20, 2012
put my one that came with the box but got loads of bubbles :( guess i'm going to look on ebay any good ones about?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found one in the box but my eyes aren't good enough to see if theres one on already :-B I assume there is

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

You will see a very small line just inside the edge of the screen itself going all the way around. I can guarantee you already have one already installed ;)

If in doubt use a magnifying glass.
    the stock one on the arc already i thik is reasonably good, i use to have some anti fingerprint protectors for iphone 3gs/4! anyone seen anything like that? ebay HAD some and the rest are standard and possibly poor quality :(

SGP has some nice anti fingerprint screen protectors:

http://www.sgpstore.com/

Yes.
    In my retail package don't came with any extra protector :(
    Yes as it has 1 on, but no extra one?

Sent from my X8 using XDA App

Yup!
    No extra protector :(

Sent from my LT18a using Tapatalk
    Screen protectors on this phone are a waste of time unless you are a builder. The screen is anti-scratch anyhow and oleophobic (resistant to fingerprints). I had one on for a couple of days and took it off. Much better! More sensitive and if your fingers are not sweaty I hardly see any finger smudges. Also it's a LOT easier to clean with a glasses cleaning cloth.

Also I keep mine in a soft case anyhow in my pocket so that helps protect it. Plus I have it on a neck lanyard for those butterfinger moments ;)