Potential fix for WiFi Direct on Galaxy S II

Search This thread

shadowofdarkness

Jun 11, 2010
On Omni 4.4.2 I'm trying to get Wifi Direct working for both file transfers and as a required part of screen mirroring and found this post that describes a fix that is out of my ability to test (my computer shuts down from heat every time I try building a rom or any big compile)

I just would like to bring it to the attention of of a actual OMNI developer.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49775086&postcount=28

Reactions: pilgrim011

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Have you actually tested that fix? Re-enabling that if just means that it won't return an error when Wi-Fi Direct isn't supported. So you might not have your "failed" message, but it wouldn't work either (unless samsung magic).

shadowofdarkness

Jun 11, 2010
I would test if I could but my laptop is getting old and now shuts down from heat issues when doing big compiles. Which that post says is needed.

I really don't know much about that fox other then the guy that posted it also made a Wi-Fi direct test so so I assumed he was good on the subject.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I sort of recall ages ago on n801x that there was a small p2p_supplicant arguments fix needed for that device... there might be a similar fix needed on the galaxys2-common family.

Shouldn't need to fix the supplicant source code itself though.

Just haven't had time to play with this.

Reactions: pilgrim011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On Omni 4.4.2 I'm trying to get Wifi Direct working for both file transfers and as a required part of screen mirroring and found this post that describes a fix that is out of my ability to test (my computer shuts down from heat every time I try building a rom or any big compile)

I just would like to bring it to the attention of of a actual OMNI developer.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49775086&postcount=28
    I sort of recall ages ago on n801x that there was a small p2p_supplicant arguments fix needed for that device... there might be a similar fix needed on the galaxys2-common family.

Shouldn't need to fix the supplicant source code itself though.

Just haven't had time to play with this.