How to sim unlock galaxy s5?

Search This thread

alex_tytn

Jul 31, 2008
BUMP.... Same question?

NOTE: this is a legal and legitimate question

I travel A LOT and have a box of 20 different (ACTIVE) sim cards, most places don't support AT&T (my US carrier) plus I want to keep the same foreign number that I had for the past 5 years. Anyway, I have a legitimate need and as such the carrier will unlock but their rules have apparently gotten really strict. [I flew to Canada when I bought my iPhone4 so as not to deal with this.]

• T-Mobile requires 40 days of service or will unlock for military after the grace period (14 days) is over
  • AT&T requires 5 months of service

It just not right! Especially when I paid $720 for my phone -- the no contract price from TMobile ($660) plus 10% California tax.

I even paid this service (http://www.unlock-code-world.com) to unlock my phone and they came back after 2 days and said they couldn't do it. So, don't go to them for S5 although their price was REALLY good ($5.99).

So, what's a guy to do?

My plan is to return my phone to TMobile today and rebuy an AT&T one and try their customer service because I got no where with TMobile, even after requesting a supervisor.

380AU

Jul 9, 2011
I'd actually like to know this myself.

I don't want to root or flash any firmware, which is why I'd like to buy from the UK (as I've always had their firmware previously)

Happy to pay for an unlock code if that's the way to go, but are they reputable?

chippyuk

Mar 30, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
If you buy the phone from a online store (not a service provider) it will be unlocked. If you buy it under contract then it will be locked to the Network, at least Vodafone is.

I have tried to get an unlock code but the IMEI numbers are not in the databases yet. Most places online selling these are reputable and you get the code pretty quickly via e-mail, well if they can provide it that is.

For my phone, even Vodafone did not have the unlock code so have had to go back to Samsung for it.

dawgboy1783

Oct 25, 2010

I travel A LOT and have a box of 20 different (ACTIVE) sim cards, most places don't support AT&T (my US carrier) plus I want to keep the same foreign number that I had for the past 5 years. Anyway, I have a legitimate need and as such the carrier will unlock but their rules have apparently gotten really strict. [I flew to Canada when I bought my iPhone4 so as not to deal with this.]

• T-Mobile requires 40 days of service or will unlock for military after the grace period (14 days) is over

It just not right! Especially when I paid $720 for my phone -- the no contract price from TMobile ($660) plus 10% California tax.

I even paid this service (http://www.unlock-code-world.com) to unlock my phone and they came back after 2 days and said they couldn't do it. So, don't go to them for S5 although their price was REALLY good ($5.99).

So, what's a guy to do?

My plan is to return my phone to TMobile today and rebuy an AT&T one and try their customer service because I got no where with TMobile, even after requesting a supervisor.

If you paid full price call customer care and tell them that you need a sim unlock code for your phone I had my note 3 for a week not paid in full but on the EIP and I've been a long time customer I told them what I needed and they took my IMEI and emailed me back with an unlock code within 24 hours, they will do it for you easily since your phone is paid for trust me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Daved+

alex_tytn

Jul 31, 2008
Personal rant. ;|

If you paid full price call customer care and tell them that you need a sim unlock code for your phone I had my note 3 for a week not paid in full but on the EIP and I've been a long time customer I told them what I needed and they took my IMEI and emailed me back with an unlock code within 24 hours, they will do it for you easily since your phone is paid for trust me.

Not TMobile -- I called multiple times and even waited for a supervisor. PLUS multiple visits to the store.

I bought another one from AT&T yesterday and can hopefully get my money back from T-Mobile without a restocking fee (which I just learned about).

My whole S5 purchase has been quite a nightmare but the phone is cool.

Recapping...
  • Pre-ordered from Radio Shack to save $50 but their price was $100 more than AT&T so that was not good -- also forced to buy a $50 nonrefundable gift card in order to get the coupon. Then, they tell me later that the $50 coupon was only for people who bought plans but I clearly said that I wanted to pay full price and have no contract. [ Going back to talk to manager there to try and get them to give me my $50 deposit back. ]
  • Bought a phone from TMo for $720 (with tax) and they salesman told me it was unlocked. Multiple calls to TMobile, etc. no luck. [Going back to return that phone today.]
  • Bought the phone from AT&T yesterday only to find that I can't root it -- yes, they have a $35 restocking fee. Unlocking from them requires all these things but I'm hopeful that I can at least have that part.
TMo version (G900T) could be rooted -- and mine was so I'm hoping they miss that when I return it. AT&T version (G900A) has a locked bootloader so my understanding is that it will not ever be unlocked by the simple Chainfire method.

dawgboy1783

Oct 25, 2010
Not TMobile -- I called multiple times and even waited for a supervisor. PLUS multiple visits to the store.

I bought another one from AT&T yesterday and can hopefully get my money back from T-Mobile without a restocking fee (which I just learned about).

My whole S5 purchase has been quite a nightmare but the phone is cool.

Recapping...
  • Pre-ordered from Radio Shack to save $50 but their price was $100 more than AT&T so that was not good -- also forced to buy a $50 nonrefundable gift card in order to get the coupon. Then, they tell me later that the $50 coupon was only for people who bought plans but I clearly said that I wanted to pay full price and have no contract. [ Going back to talk to manager there to try and get them to give me my $50 deposit back. ]
  • Bought a phone from TMo for $720 (with tax) and they salesman told me it was unlocked. Multiple calls to TMobile, etc. no luck. [Going back to return that phone today.]
  • Bought the phone from AT&T yesterday only to find that I can't root it -- yes, they have a $35 restocking fee. Unlocking from them requires all these things but I'm hopeful that I can at least have that part.
TMo version (G900T) could be rooted -- and mine was so I'm hoping they miss that when I return it. AT&T version (G900A) has a locked bootloader so my understanding is that it will not ever be unlocked by the simple Chainfire method.

Wow man I cant beleive they wont give you an unlock code, they had no problem giving me mine and I have only made one payment on it so far, what exactly are you telling them and are you currently a tmobile customer?.

alex_tytn

Jul 31, 2008
Wow man I cant beleive they wont give you an unlock code, they had no problem giving me mine and I have only made one payment on it so far, what exactly are you telling them and are you currently a tmobile customer?

They said they'd unlock but I had to be a customer for 40 days -- no, I wasn't previously a customer. 40 days won't work for me because I have an AT&T GoPhone plan while in the US and I'm leaving this weekend. Besides, I didn't want to subscribe to the TMobile one which is waaaaay more expensive.

I spent $40 for two phones for 5 months while in the US. My wife and I don't talk/text a lot and I use Skype out for all my voice calls. It also seems that I always have Wifi in SoCal -- especially since I get my home internet from Time Warner and they give free wifi coverage.

$0.10 per minute and $0.20 per SMS and only when you use it. :good:

Sorry to hijack this thread. :cowboy:

I really want the same answer.

HOW TO SIM UNLOCK THE S5?

dawgboy1783

Oct 25, 2010
They said they'd unlock but I had to be a customer for 40 days -- no, I wasn't previously a customer. 40 days won't work for me because I have an AT&T GoPhone plan while in the US and I'm leaving this weekend. Besides, I didn't want to subscribe to the TMobile one which is waaaaay more expensive.

I spent $40 for two phones for 5 months while in the US. My wife and I don't talk/text a lot and I use Skype out for all my voice calls. It also seems that I always have Wifi in SoCal -- especially since I get my home internet from Time Warner and they give free wifi coverage.

$0.10 per minute and $0.20 per SMS and only when you use it. :good:

Sorry to hijack this thread. :cowboy:

I really want the same answer.

HOW TO SIM UNLOCK THE S5?

I think they are afraid that if they give you an unlock code and you unlock the phone then you will sell it, I think that was included in my conversation with customer support when I requested my unlock code but I assured them that was not my intentions, also being a customer for at least 40 days would makes sense, because I believe that I did read that in the support section for unlocking prerequisites, I wish I could help you but it seems the only method would be to buy an unlock code which I hear is a fast process and I've seen them advertized pretty cheap under $30.00 US, wich is not bad because if you ever decide to sell it, unlocked device's are always worth more.

:)

zabamich81

Oct 4, 2008
Thanks!

Worked for me UK Vodafone handset.

Either all IMEI unlock codes have now been released to all databases or these are the only guys that have them at the moment. I tried a couple of online places last week and they did not have the unlock codes.

I have on my web site mobileunlock24.com access to unlock galaxy s5 from All European networks unlocking code is ready up to 1 hour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So, what's a guy to do?

Would this somehow work on sprint?

Should do! Try it, if they cannot provide an unlock code they will refund you straight away.