[Q] VZW HTC One m7 android 4.4.2 sense 5.5 s-off'd & rooted. How to update?

Search This thread

lamoid

May 8, 2013
OK So, I have a Verizon HTC One m7 running Android 4.4.2 and HTC Sense v 5.5. The phone is unlocked, S-Off'd, and rooted. Is it possible to update to 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 and Sense 6 without losing s-off and root? If so, what is the best way to do so? I've read that weaksauce, firewater, and other rooting programs do not work on the Verizon version of the m7 with the sense 6 update. I will not upgrade if it means losing control of my phone.

I know there are variations of this question on this forum. But I did not find one that answered the question explicitly for a Verizon m7 android 4.4.2 sense 5.5 s-off'd & rooted.

Thanks!

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Taking the ota or using the decrypted ruu will not make you lose s-off and it will not lock the bootloader. Upgrade away and then reroot.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: lamoid

lamoid

May 8, 2013
Taking the ota or using the decrypted ruu will not make you lose s-off and it will not lock the bootloader. Upgrade away and then reroot.

Thank you, Uzephi! What program should I use to re-root the phone. From what I understand the programs that worked for the previous version do not work here. I may be wrong. What do you know?

woodsman4

Jan 14, 2013
the update to sense 6.0 is still 4.4.2, 4.4.3 should come in the next few weeks....as long as verizon doesn't drag it's feet

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Thank you, Uzephi! What program should I use to re-root the phone. From what I understand the programs that worked for the previous version do not work here. I may be wrong. What do you know?

boot into fastboot mode and flash twrp, then boot into twrp and flash supersu

Reactions: lamoid

lamoid

May 8, 2013
the update to sense 6.0 is still 4.4.2, 4.4.3 should come in the next few weeks....as long as verizon doesn't drag it's feet

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Thank you, Woodsman!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app