Still no decent replacement for the Desire

Search This thread

Chilldesire

Mar 9, 2011
I have had my desire for 18 months now and its been amazing, but looking at the current crop of phones there just doesnt seem to be a decent replacement. I dont like the new 4.3" phones as they are far to big to carry around. Ideally I would like a 3.7-4" dual core phone but there only appears to be the LG 2x and I dont want that phone due to the poor support from LG. I have looked at the SGS2 which has great spec but again the screen is just to big! Are there any phones on the horizon that suit my needs? I may even look at an Iphone 4S!

nickabbott

Nov 18, 2011
Waiting for MWC2012 where they will announce new phones. Personally I'm curious for the HTC Ville :)

I agree with everything so far! The quad core phones look nice but my android desire running aosp seems to do everything I need it to do that is it worth upgrading or just wait another year and see how things turn out?!

DaveRichardson

Aug 2, 2011
Yeah, I recently grabbed a DX2 just to mess around with...I don't know how, but my CM7 Desire is faster/smoother than the dual core, just 6-month old X2 in almost every task.

HTC hit the Desire out of the park and haven't outdone themselves yet.

mikbe

Jul 23, 2010
Let's hope that Ville comes to Europe. That looks Delicious. (And has proper camera too. Only thing bugging me with the Desire.)

Salem24

Dec 15, 2010
Stuttgart (Germany)
Same with me. Even if I would want to buy a new phone there is none, and that's a shame concerning the enormous amount of phones thrown on the market.

I even would maybe buy a 4.3'' one but only with bigger resolution than Desire (so, SGSII is out). And also with big enough internal memory (so all HTCs are out, and in principle after the mess with our Desire, I don't want to buy a HTC anymore).

The only possible one would be a Google phone, but both, the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus don't have micro sd card slots, so they are out.

No phone left. Well done, manufacturers...

tikkalamt

Oct 6, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
Agree. Another possibility currently on the market could be Motorola Atrix. 4" and if I remember right, it's dual core.

Edit: checked that out, it's Tegra 2

Last edited:

dgattenb

Oct 14, 2007
wales
I have my tablet now.. arnova 10g2.. market place etc working ... so i use that for email etc and my phone for text etc.. playing a game on my 10" tablet then going to my phone is odd... do i want a larger screen , dont think so .
Do i want to use my 32GB SD card , yes.. would I like to use USB hosting ( like my tablet ) yes... my desire is wonderful .. but i think one day i may trade her in .. may ...

erklat

Nov 14, 2010

mullemulle86

Jan 19, 2012
Stuttgart
I have a tablet and a desire so i use my desire mostly as phone and for things like games i use my tab...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

DabuPL

Apr 11, 2011
dabi.fun
I'd probably go SGSII or Galaxy Nexus because of good community support but yeah... there's nothing as good as Desire was. Especially from HTC which releases really crappy phones nowadays. :(

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
I'm thinking Xperia S or ion if Russia ever gets it. Sony have been nice to open source community and I quite like the specs. No ICS at launch though.

gaps07

Jan 23, 2012
Just like you I though about getting a SGS2 but it's to big to carry around.

Agree. Another possibility currently on the market could be Motorola Atrix. 4" and if I remember right, it's dual core.

Edit: checked that out, it's Tegra 2

I agree also. Motorola Atrix would be great but with quad core phones around the corner I would rather wait to MWC 2012 and see what they came up with. Also has anyone seen/heard about the Motorola Milestone 3 the specs don't seem that bad after all

andQlimax

Jul 29, 2010
Rome
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Same with me. Even if I would want to buy a new phone there is none, and that's a shame concerning the enormous amount of phones thrown on the market.

I even would maybe buy a 4.3'' one but only with bigger resolution than Desire (so, SGSII is out). And also with big enough internal memory (so all HTCs are out, and in principle after the mess with our Desire, I don't want to buy a HTC anymore).

The only possible one would be a Google phone, but both, the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus don't have micro sd card slots, so they are out.

No phone left. Well done, manufacturers...

Why you need sdcard? Those phone have 16/32 gb of internal memory...

Anyway, let's decide after the MWC at Barcelona, other top phones will come out..

Sent from my HTC Desire

elladan7

Feb 2, 2011
rumour of a 3.7" dual core phone by HTC soon. hopefully it will be qHD resolution.

goo.gl/ AVN4i

personally i find 3.7" to be too small for web browsing though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whaddya mean there isn't any decent replacement for HTC Desire? There are A LOT of decent replacements out on the market.

The only difference is unlike when Desire came out sticking out like a sore thumb in the mobile market, today's mobile market is very competitive.. congested even.
    Good idea, I always look for image comparissons on line. Problem is that one is already 33% wrong as thats not a Bold. No idea about the moto.

My guess is it used stock images for all of then because those are some phones I've had before (Motorola is current) and the sizes they have for them seem pretty accurate.

Sent from my CWM OC'd CM7 Electrify.
    You'd change the phone becouse… of the *****ing and **** on a forum?

No. I'd change the phone because development on the Desire is dead. All of the decent developers have now gone (they've moved on to newer devices), I've had it for nearly two years, and all of the little kids *****ing and fighting mean that the forum is no longer a good place to be. The whole forum is turning into a joke of how it used to be.

Desire development??? That's a bit of a joke now.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Am I the only one that sees the bottom part of the new xperia series as a complete waste of space?

via xda app

I kinda agree, but the Xperia S looks a decent device.
    Well, the Desire V is coming soon, it's already released in China and it will flow through the rest of the world.

Maybe a decent replacement...

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

It doesnt srem to be much of an improvment from the classic desire?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
    ok.. good to see u have a sense of humour :cyclops:

Yes but I don't have yet sense 4 of humour on my desire

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app