[Completed] Note 3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Leonid325

Jun 22, 2014
Hi . Im new at this kind of stuff
So last night i managed to sucessfully flash cwm and rooted my phone . Maybe tonight / tomorrow . I want to install VN rom . Im just wondering if i click "wipe data / factory reset" on cwm . What will it delete ? Will it erases all my internal and external storage or what . I currently have my music and photos both on the internal and external storage . And will VN rom 14.1 be compatible with my device ? (Sm n900 , XUDNC1 baseband , XUDND1 build number) . And why cant i post on the VN rom post ._. Any help would be very appreciated

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Sami Kabir

Oct 3, 2012
So last night i managed to sucessfully flash cwm and rooted my phone . Maybe tonight / tomorrow . I want to install VN rom . Im just wondering if i click "wipe data / factory reset" on cwm . What will it delete ? Will it erases all my internal and external storage or what . I currently have my music and photos both on the internal and external storage . And will VN rom 14.1 be compatible with my device ? (Sm n900 , XUDNC1 baseband , XUDND1 build number) . And why cant i post on the VN rom post ._. Any help would be very appreciated

Please ask all your questions here :)

Because you are still a Junior Member, you still can't post in the Development section. You can check the thread to see if your phone is compatible or not, because the developer most probably mentioned what variants of the Galaxy Note 3 is compatible with his ROM.

"Wipe Data" will erase all your installed apps and its data. But your Internal storage and External SD card should be untouched so your photos, music and videos will remain intact. But its always a good idea to keep a backup of everything on your phone incase data loss occurs.

"Factory Reset" will remove all user installed apps and will reset all your custom settings, preferences, modifications, etc. It will revert everything back to manufacturer's default settings and basically make your phone look "new" again.

So, as I said before, its always a good idea to keep a backup of everything on your phone. But one thing's for sure - it won't delete anything on your External SD card (unless you choose to do it).

Reactions: Leonid325

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10

Do you mean this ROM?!
Then please read carefully the first posts of this ROM thread before flashing.

As @Sami Kabir already posted, you can find the Q&A section for your device here.

Additionally, here is a nice reference thread about flashing/CWM/etc. for the SM-N900.
This may answer most of your questions.

Reactions: Leonid325
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please ask all your questions here :)

Because you are still a Junior Member, you still can't post in the Development section. You can check the thread to see if your phone is compatible or not, because the developer most probably mentioned what variants of the Galaxy Note 3 is compatible with his ROM.

"Wipe Data" will erase all your installed apps and its data. But your Internal storage and External SD card should be untouched so your photos, music and videos will remain intact. But its always a good idea to keep a backup of everything on your phone incase data loss occurs.

"Factory Reset" will remove all user installed apps and will reset all your custom settings, preferences, modifications, etc. It will revert everything back to manufacturer's default settings and basically make your phone look "new" again.

So, as I said before, its always a good idea to keep a backup of everything on your phone. But one thing's for sure - it won't delete anything on your External SD card (unless you choose to do it).

Do you mean this ROM?!
    Then please read carefully the first posts of this ROM thread before flashing.

As @Sami Kabir already posted, you can find the Q&A section for your device here.

Additionally, here is a nice reference thread about flashing/CWM/etc. for the SM-N900.
    This may answer most of your questions.