Droped my tablet, got it dead touch screen.

Search This thread

escalhavardo

Jan 13, 2007
Cascais
I bought a new screen with touch pad included, from China. The quality wasn't all that bad. One dead pixel and a dead touch area, for50€ was OK. Then it went to the flor and the touch screen just went dead all togheter.
I've already reassemble it, to make sure it wasn't some poor conection of components . What else should i do?
Just buy a new screen even thought this one is not cracked?
Apreciate any sugestion.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
I wouldn't buy from China, you can get the screen from wholesalgegadgetparts.com for about $75. All it takes is a hairline crack in the digitizer (might not see it in the glass) and the whole thing will not work. That site has a great return policy too, so you can plug the screen in and test it without actually installing it, and if it doesn't work you can send it back for a refund.

Edit - just noticed you aren't in the US. They don't ship internationally, but they do sell on eBay too (they might through there). Might wanna give them a call, they're good people.

Last edited:
Reactions: escalhavardo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wouldn't buy from China, you can get the screen from wholesalgegadgetparts.com for about $75. All it takes is a hairline crack in the digitizer (might not see it in the glass) and the whole thing will not work. That site has a great return policy too, so you can plug the screen in and test it without actually installing it, and if it doesn't work you can send it back for a refund.

Edit - just noticed you aren't in the US. They don't ship internationally, but they do sell on eBay too (they might through there). Might wanna give them a call, they're good people.