[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

saulcho009

Aug 7, 2010
I need some help guys, I opened the phone and removed the white sticker. I've had no success. Are both the pins supposed to be gold? The left is still a white color while the right is gold? Is that's how it's supposed to look? Don't mean to sound like a noob. I've been using a WP7 till I fix this Amaze....has me going a little nuts :/ Any help is appreciated. Also from the pic it looks like both pins are gold I just want to be sure from you all that have had success.

They are both suppose to be gold. So something is still covering that left one (the essential one)

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G

govindar77

Feb 25, 2007
New Jersey
Tried and failed miserably a bunch of times. Goes through a whole lot of successes, and then I get an error code 667***, something. Cannot remember now.

Anyway, I've decided to give up. So, I flashed stock ICS the hard way. Now got to wait for a rooted ROM to come out and flash in HBOOT.

SIGH!!!

In any event, many thanks to the developers who found this fix. Just not for me ... :)

Cheers everyone.

knifeproz

Apr 22, 2010
great work! i got it working after a few tried but i have a question; after rebooting the phone it says "No sim card" sorry if i overlooked something somewhere but why is that?

Accophox

Nov 27, 2010
Edmonton
Just going to quickly pop in here - glacierguy's solution for not recognizing root with stock whatever carrier worked (flash Android Rev HD) to resolve my issues too.

crose948

Oct 29, 2010

I have serious problems? with my HTC Amaze 4G

the specifications are:
HTC Amaze 4G TMOUS Unlocked (HTCdev) S-ON HBOOT1.90, Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed

before executing the process I did backup with CMW executes all the process Juopunutbearof S-OFF step by step,

soon when finalizing the ControlBearRelease_ruby program I appear an error, reboot the system

please to watch this Link is the photo,
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?k56imcnlgi5q5tv

does not start, as it is in the photo, does not start

that I must do now?

I have these archives, and not that to do now, helpme?
1- Android SDK installed in my Computer.
2- HTC Driver installed in my Computer..
3- PH85IMG_Ruby_TMOUS_1.43.531.3_Radio_1.08.550L.19DC_30.66.550L.08D_release_228638_signed

4-Zerg_Root_OneClick
5- Amaze.Stock.Kernel.Flasher
6- Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_XDA_V3.0

that I must do? to start android in my HTC Amaze 4g, I hope its quick one replaced, thanks.

ok guys i am in no way a dev but my phone was LOCKED at the time,,and still s=on pvt, you guys are RE-NAMING " PH85IMG " JUST THAT,,get rid of everything else behind it or phone / program wont see it. my phone took the wire trick the second time due to i did too slow the first time, you have to tap the pin and ground 2 times in like 1.5 seconds and you should hear and see the computer and phone rebooting, also if you have apps on there like tethering it wont let you do it,,,my phone was not stock it was on the andriod revolution hd rom with faux0.0.9 kernal ,,,,and you need to RUN AS ADMIN,,hope this helps some ppl..

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

That's what we're unsure of. Try it out and report so we know for sure if it still works or not.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

OMG you better be trolling

umm twist them all together and use a 300k ohm resister ..lol:D

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
Tried and failed miserably a bunch of times. Goes through a whole lot of successes, and then I get an error code 667***, something. Cannot remember now.

Anyway, I've decided to give up. So, I flashed stock ICS the hard way. Now got to wait for a rooted ROM to come out and flash in HBOOT.

SIGH!!!

In any event, many thanks to the developers who found this fix. Just not for me ... :)

Cheers everyone.
im ready to give up i been at this for a while now cant get it to complete i keep getting 66732337 error, can someone help me recover my phone somehow i really need this phone working sucks that i cant seem to get it wish i knew more what i was doing wrong to try and target what i need to do

jslcpd157

Jul 13, 2010
Posted this a few pages back... Maybe it can help you!

1. Downloaded Hasoon2000's Amaze all in one kit, from http://www.android-dev.us/showthrea...ne-Toolkit-V3-1-4-9-2012-PERM-ROOT-Noob-Proof

2. While the green arrow icons were on the screen, I used the toolkit to flash the stock recovery, then booted into recovery.

3. Once in recovery, I flashed the stock T-Mob kernel, and restarted the phone.

I think that's how I did it. At any rate, I used Hasoon's tool to fix my issue.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

knifeproz

Apr 22, 2010
Look guys i really do not wanna spam or anything but i really do wanna know why my sim isn't recognized? is it because of a custom rom or something? I would love to get a reply. Please guys <3

jslcpd157

Jul 13, 2010
Look guys i really do not wanna spam or anything but i really do wanna know why my sim isn't recognized? is it because of a custom rom or something? I would love to get a reply. Please guys <3

Well, I had the same issue... Mine was a total and complete brain fart.. at some point I had removed my sim card, and when I put it back in, I put in backwards...:eek: ... Just sayin.

knifeproz

Apr 22, 2010
Well, I had the same issue... Mine was a total and complete brain fart.. at some point I had removed my sim card, and when I put it back in, I put in backwards...:eek: ... Just sayin.

I never took out my sim duing the time of S-off. I took my sim out, turned my phone off, etc all that stuff after s-off. reflashed rom etc btu still nothing ;\

edit: rofl i took a look and i brain farted like you...thanks xD

Last edited:

Marquis63

Nov 24, 2010
Modesto,CA
Just another uneducated question from a n00b who shouldn't be doing this without "READING" and reading and reading, when the questions have been "ANSWERED" twenty (20) times already Roflmao, that's what the Search button is for, An XDA "google it", sorry couldn't help myself lol Peace =D

boredpcguy

Sep 11, 2009
Nowhere Special, Maine
S=OFF SUCCESS!!!! :D
That wire trick was almost too easy. Don't overthink it like I was doing.

I swear I soft-bricked 3 times before I realized HTC Sync was eating ADB... Then once more when I got the computer set, because I was in a hurry before work and somehow didn't short the wire properly. ICS, S=OFF, ENG HBOOT, now on to the mass debloating!!!

I am just glad that JuopunutBear decided to backup the boot and recovery, that made fixing my effups that much easier. If anyone noobs out like I did, and is stuck at the green arrows, fastboot is your friend and is all you need.

enigma7820

Feb 3, 2011
Schaumburg
still can't get over the fact of how crazy this was to get s-off, I read it over and over again thinking it had to be a joke. But it was so easy and worked on my fourth try of using the wire trick

Fuses

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2012
EDIT AGAIN.. I CANT BOOT THE PHONE. IT WONT GET PASS THE GREEN ARROW AND THE THE PHONE LOGO ON BLACK SCREEN..

QUESTION I USED TO BE HTCDEV UNLOCK AND NOW IT JUST SAYS JUOPUNUTBEAR
AM I STILL HTCDEV UNLOCK?

Your phone is S-OFF, no need to htcdev unlock.
Just flash boot-image and recovery-image from JuopunutBear hboot and your phone will boot normally.

Flipnfr3ak

Feb 4, 2011
Ewa Beach
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
i need help, phone wont boot at all, no charging light, no responses. i think my phone is bricked....but when i take the battery out and plug the usb in my screen flickers for a split second.........before it wasnt booting i was doing the wire trick and then controlbear couldnt find my device.....then i looked at my phone and my led light...the camera flash was blinking......it did it for 10 mintues straight so i pulled the battery and now it wont boot.....what does the flashing lights mean?

fear20056

Nov 2, 2009
Baghdad
I changed the wire and the sd card then i got the s-off i don't no why but it happened.
thank you all for help and support
by the way I bought a wire the same size for the pin hole so I put one side in the hole and keep grounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    Place your Prerequisites
    on the main page of your site... Simple[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Stop your *****in... Its your fault you didn't take precaution and read the instructions. Stop blaming this on the people that put there hard work into giving you s off just because you ****ed up
    This works great, will donate my pledge since my Amaze is now s-off!! First thing I did was flash this splash...NO MOAR WHITE!!!!

uwuQU.png

It is attached, unzip and then it be can flashed via fastboot;

Code:
    fastboot splash splash1 splash_black.img
    I think having the proper "tools" makes this really simple... also the timing... so here let me try and help those who are having some issues...

1. there are normally two sizes of paper clip, large and small, if you can find a small paper clip with plastic coating this is ideal... keeping the paper clip "flat" just kind of "unroll" it open, then just strip 1/4" off each end, now bend the shortest end 90 degrees down, then bend the paper clip to be "open" from the 90 degree tip, to the other end to be wide enough that you can stick the bent part into the hole, and then just by "rocking" the paper clip a little you can touch the other end to the ground point... now you are ready
    2. if you're really worried about the plastic not being enough insulation then use something like electrical tape where you will grip the paper clip, or use a small potato chip bag clip to hold the paper clip with
    3. start the program
    4. go ahead and stick the bent end of the paper clip in the hole, but DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND yet...
    5. wait for the prompt to do the wire trick
    6. touch and swipe the end of the paper clip across the ground, if you don't hear the sound from USB connect/disconnect then you haven't gotten the first touch to "connect" keep trying until you hear this sound
    7. AFTER hearing this sound wait the 1.5-1.75 secs, and touch/swipe the paper clip again... you should be good to go now...

I just found the wire I was using at first just not stiff enough to make a good connection... this worked on the first try for me!
    I made a little video for people who wanted something to see first, before they try it.

thanks to everyone in the JuopunutBear IRC chat for the support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDSwQbCVF8&feature=youtu.be