Issues with the Desire

Search This thread

jamiepyrite

Jan 17, 2007
Why not use the feature of holding your finger on the screen to take a picture?

My main issues:

optical trackball is rubbish. Innacurate and annoying. You try to get the cursor to a specific letter in a text, you eventually get it there.. then when you left your thumb away from the ball it registers this as a movement and you lose where you were!

The fact it shows every single contact in the contacts list for writing a new text, etc. This is all your gmail contacts, facebook contacts, etc. and my list is over 600 long!!

If I'm listening to music while doing something else, if I view the music widget it sometimes takes a while to update to the current song - it gets stuck on the last song it was on when I last looked at the widget.

trice1921

Sep 3, 2008
One album for each artist sounds like you have a different "Album artist" on each track. Windows Media Center etc also shows it as different albums if the album artists are different, even though Album name is the same. I'm guessing that if you keep the "Artist"-tag as it is, and rename the "Album Artist"-tag to "Various Artists" or something like that using a tag editor, it will appear as one album.

I don't have a Desire yet, so can't confirm it, but I recently did a big job of fixing my entire music catalog to avoid this problem.

Tried that. Android seems to ignore the Album Artist tag. It's really annoying to have hundreds of albums listed when really it's only 35.

evildead4eva

Apr 5, 2009
Ive just copied over 12GB of music and all of them are labelled correctly and all of them play perfectly and list as the albums that I copied across, no more, no less....

trice1921

Sep 3, 2008
Ive just copied over 12GB of music and all of them are labelled correctly and all of them play perfectly and list as the albums that I copied across, no more, no less....

And you have albums that contain several different artists? It worked fine on my Hero but not the Desire and it's really bugging me.

evildead4eva

Apr 5, 2009
yup, examples:

1977: The spirit of punk

and

Big Tunes Back 2 The 90s

Disneys Greatest Hits

Hackers - OST

Incredibad

Pulp Fiction ST

Reservouir Dogs OST

Had a bit of trouble with my Ricky Gervais Podcasts and had to rename them for them to work. Also my Crass discology wasnt working propperly and neither was my x-ray spex greatest hits till the albums where named correctly. Oddly i thought they where as copied fine to my ipod but didnt seem to like copying to my desire.
If you select the music player app, then select the left hand side bottom icon (looks like a list) it selects artists, then if you click the disc image it displays albums, play icon is playlists, music note all songs two cds together is genres, music note with music scripture is composers, and last one is purchased. Dunno if your selecting artists so its displaying all artists (which mine does as well) but when i select CD's it just shows the CD's copied over!

Just replaced my memory card with a 16gb one so had to re-copy over my music and changed some songs so thats when these little hiccups of track naming occured!

EroThraX

Mar 25, 2010
I'm still having trouble getting album art to show for a few albums.

Tried multiple ways of getting it to show up.

evildead4eva

Apr 5, 2009
there are certain programs out there that let you embed the artwork into the mp3 itself which works really well. cant remember which one i used with my mp3's that i ripped rather than buying...

EroThraX

Mar 25, 2010
there are certain programs out there that let you embed the artwork into the mp3 itself which works really well. cant remember which one i used with my mp3's that i ripped rather than buying...

I've tried embedding with M3tag and it still doesn't want to work, I've even cleared the album art cache on the sd card and stopped the music process so that it has to start up and read it all again.

scotch whisky

Mar 25, 2006
Kent U.K.

My main issues:

optical trackball is rubbish. Innacurate and annoying. You try to get the cursor to a specific letter in a text, you eventually get it there.. then when you left your thumb away from the ball it registers this as a movement and you lose where you were!

The fact it shows every single contact in the contacts list for writing a new text, etc. This is all your gmail contacts, facebook contacts, etc. and my list is over 600 long!!

If I'm listening to music while doing something else, if I view the music widget it sometimes takes a while to update to the current song - it gets stuck on the last song it was on when I last looked at the widget.

I find the optical trackball be be 10 times better than the physical one on the Hero. I have no trouble at all moving to any place in text. I would say that the Hero one was unuseable and the Desire one close to perfect. Strange how opinions vary!

OnlinePredator

Feb 6, 2009

My main issues:

Can't you use the on screen selectors when copying text? No need to use the trackball thing?

trice1921

Sep 3, 2008
yup, examples:

1977: The spirit of punk

and

Big Tunes Back 2 The 90s

Disneys Greatest Hits

Hackers - OST

Incredibad

Pulp Fiction ST

Reservouir Dogs OST

Had a bit of trouble with my Ricky Gervais Podcasts and had to rename them for them to work. Also my Crass discology wasnt working propperly and neither was my x-ray spex greatest hits till the albums where named correctly. Oddly i thought they where as copied fine to my ipod but didnt seem to like copying to my desire.
If you select the music player app, then select the left hand side bottom icon (looks like a list) it selects artists, then if you click the disc image it displays albums, play icon is playlists, music note all songs two cds together is genres, music note with music scripture is composers, and last one is purchased. Dunno if your selecting artists so its displaying all artists (which mine does as well) but when i select CD's it just shows the CD's copied over!

Just replaced my memory card with a 16gb one so had to re-copy over my music and changed some songs so thats when these little hiccups of track naming occured!

I've spent hours trying to solve this problem. I've checked the ID3 tags and for compilation albums i've added 'various artists' under the album artist tag, but still doesn't help. I don't understand why i'm having this problem when i didn't with the my hero. I think i'm going to sell the desire :(