[Tools] Myth Tools for Atrix HD - Update v1.3 (Final version)

Search This thread

devilsking

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
mr Devilskin when i select 2 option using main.bat not generate automatically the firmware folder, i create manually firmware folder, but the program saysme : system cant found............

Hi Bro,

Are you sure that you downloaded Myth Tools from my links in 1st post because I saw the structure in your Myth Tools folder is really different from mine. It causes the tool cannot work correctly. Please check it again and see the screenshot below:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    61 KB · Views: 155

cesartefacto

Jul 6, 2007
Hi Bro,

Are you sure that you downloaded Myth Tools from my links in 1st post because I saw the structure in your Myth Tools folder is really different from mine. It causes the tool cannot work correctly. Please check it again and see the screenshot below:

sure i was downloaded the version 1.0 from your software, now i download the last version 1.2, please saysme, i need put all this file in some special part? c, or c programs files or just simply execute the Myth Tools Launcher and automatically is created the right folder in the right place?
thanks alot
its necessary download all the files? i not need root or change lock screen

Last edited:

cesartefacto

Jul 6, 2007
Hi Bro,

ok i create the folder firmware, first i click for install adbfastbootapk, this run and askme where i want download, then i use Myth Tolls launcher, put the original stock rom in firmware folder, the program extarct this , says all is ok, i connect the phone to pc in fastboot mode( vol + & - and power then select fast boot) but the pc ask me for quinara fast boot drivers

devilsking

Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
ok i create the folder firmware, first i click for install adbfastbootapk, this run and askme where i want download, then i use Myth Tolls launcher, put the original stock rom in firmware folder, the program extarct this , says all is ok, i connect the phone to pc in fastboot mode( vol + & - and power then select fast boot) but the pc ask me for quinara fast boot drivers

This time is correct structure but did you install Motorola Driver? I'm using Windows 8.1 and just tested on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 only.
I havent meet this problem before. But you can try to install driver as I mentioned and try again. Let me know the result soon. Thank you.

Edit: Did you install adbfastbootapk.exe to C:\Windows as it said?

P/s: remember to check whether your bootloader is unlocked before you flash.

Last edited:

cesartefacto

Jul 6, 2007
This time is correct structure but did you install Motorola Driver? I'm using Windows 8.1 and just tested on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 only.
I havent meet this problem before. But you can try to install driver as I mentioned and try again. Let me know the result soon. Thank you.

Edit: Did you install adbfastbootapk.exe to C:\Windows as it said?

P/s: remember to check whether your bootloader is unlocked before you flash.

thank you very much this work perfect, i need to said i try with 3 installer drivers, motorola drivers 5.4.0 not work, motohelper 2.1.40 not work, finally Motorola Device manager 2.4.5 this work
Also my bootloader is LOCKED but i reinstall the SAME 4.1.1 original rom stock firmware

devilsking

Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
thank you very much this work perfect, i need to said i try with 3 installer drivers, motorola drivers 5.4.0 not work, motohelper 2.1.40 not work, finally Motorola Device manager 2.4.5 this work
Also my bootloader is LOCKED but i reinstall the SAME 4.1.1 original rom stock firmware

Nice to hear that it worked. I think you should unlock bootloader to be more free :D

Reactions: cesartefacto

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
Re-locked bootloader

Was rooted, unlocked, ROM'ed and such... decided to give Carbon a try and softbricked my phone... was able to restore it to official 4.1.1 ATT, get TWRP and root back... thanks to this un-friggin-believable tool (AWESOME JOB)... but no matter how many times I try with this leatherman of android tools or directly using motopocalypse it won't unlock the bootloader again... all steps SAY they're successful every single time, but the phone jumps straight to the annoying glowing M.... do I need to flash to ICS instead? It was running JB when I got it and flashed the first time but maybe I'm missing something... can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

devilsking

Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com
Was rooted, unlocked, ROM'ed and such... decided to give Carbon a try and softbricked my phone... was able to restore it to official 4.1.1 ATT, get TWRP and root back... thanks to this un-friggin-believable tool (AWESOME JOB)... but no matter how many times I try with this leatherman of android tools or directly using motopocalypse it won't unlock the bootloader again... all steps SAY they're successful every single time, but the phone jumps straight to the annoying glowing M.... do I need to flash to ICS instead? It was running JB when I got it and flashed the first time but maybe I'm missing something... can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Well, based on your description, your phone is unlocked and what you are facing to is the error of loading framework. Not the relocked bootloader. Once it is unlocked, it cannot be relocked unless you update firmware via OTA in coming update and Motorola put a code or something like that to make bootloader relocked (4.4.x maybe, dont know when it will be released :p)

I think you can try to go to recovery (I recommend CWM, not TWRP) and try to wipe data, cache. Let me know if it works.

Reactions: DKRussell

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
Well, based on your description, your phone is unlocked and what you are facing to is the error of loading framework. Not the relocked bootloader. Once it is unlocked, it cannot be relocked unless you update firmware via OTA in coming update and Motorola put a code or something like that to make bootloader relocked (4.4.x maybe, dont know when it will be released :p)

I think you can try to go to recovery (I recommend CWM, not TWRP) and try to wipe data, cache. Let me know if it works.

good news is that when I go into fastboot is shows as unlocked (just no huge warning paragraph), but there is no recovery... tried flashing epinter's cwm and same results... downloaded his recovery and placed it in the recovery folder again (replacing the existing one) and still same results... interesting detail is that there is no scrolling by down volume button to enter ANY recovery or other options... just stays on fastboot demanding usb connection... never experienced this before

UPDATE: was able to get into CWM and wipe both caches.... still got the annoying red M instead of the warning about being unlocked... and it went through "Android is upgrading"... not sure what's going on here

Last edited:

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
Still locked

good news is that when I go into fastboot is shows as unlocked (just no huge warning paragraph), but there is no recovery... tried flashing epinter's cwm and same results... downloaded his recovery and placed it in the recovery folder again (replacing the existing one) and still same results... interesting detail is that there is no scrolling by down volume button to enter ANY recovery or other options... just stays on fastboot demanding usb connection... never experienced this before

UPDATE: was able to get into CWM and wipe both caches.... still got the annoying red M instead of the warning about being unlocked... and it went through "Android is upgrading"... not sure what's going on here

still locked... can't install ANY custom ROM...

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
I told you that it cannot be called locked. Just a problem of loading framework. I think you should try to flash back to stock firmware. Maybe ATT or BELL 4.1.2.

the newest ATT I could find was this one;
MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip

and that's what I flashed to

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
I'll give it a shot... hopefully that fixes the issue so I can get my annoying paragraph about being unlocked lol
then I can flash carbon

great... tried flashing bell 4.1.2 and it crashed 15mins into the flashing process... nevermind that 15mins is entirely too long for a flash lol... trying the friggin at&t 4.1.1 again

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

this firmware load is 20mins and still counting... any clues, bro?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

great... tried flashing bell 4.1.2 and it crashed 15mins into the flashing process... nevermind that 15mins is entirely too long for a flash lol... trying the friggin at&t 4.1.1 again

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

okay... 4 tries later I have bell installed... now having issues with it pushing root... I swear, if I ever get this thing running carbon or any other solid kk rom I'm never flashing it again.... who am I kidding, yes I will lol

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

okay... 4 tries later I have bell installed... now having issues with it pushing root... I swear, if I ever get this thing running carbon or any other solid kk rom I'm never flashing it again.... who am I kidding, yes I will lol

UPDATE: have it flashed to bell 4.1.2, rooted and supposedly unlocked yet still don't have the annoying popup pre-boot that alerts me to the unlocked status... back to square 1

devilsking

Sep 14, 2010
Hanoi
www.themythace.com

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

UPDATE: have it flashed to bell 4.1.2, rooted and supposedly unlocked yet still don't have the annoying popup pre-boot that alerts me to the unlocked status... back to square 1

So the final status of your device is?? The warning unlocked status can be easily remove by flashing boot logo.

Reactions: DKRussell

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
So the final status of your device is?? The warning unlocked status can be easily remove by flashing boot logo.

running stock firmware with root, impossible to enter recovery without using rom manager to reboot into recovery as the vol -/pwr button option ONLY allows fastboot mode, can't install ANY custom ROM even though my device SAYS it's unlocked on the fastboot screen AND whenever I try flashing the unlock.bat either through primary menu or directly... at a complete loss here.... I'm about to just take a hammer to this damned thing and charge my old atrix 4g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Just want to inform that I will not continue to support this tool anymore since I just bought a new phone due to the requirement of my work.
    Thank you all for using and supporting me in making this app.

Devilsking
    (9th Feb 2015)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    WARNING: BESURE YOU ARE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER BEFORE FLASHING/DOWNGRADING FIRMWARE!

It's nearly 11 months since the last update v1.2. Now I will introduce the new version of Myth Tools with a big improvement.
    Thanks to all your comments which helps me to complete the features of Myth Tools. All feedbacks are always welcome.

Please read instruction carefully before using. Thank you.

BR,

DK

----------------------------------------------------------
    If you stucks after flashing back to stock rom from custom rom, maybe this method should help you to fix it:
    Credit for skeevydude
    The fix is simple. Boot into Philz, format the internal sd, set the internal sd mount point to /data/media, reboot, format it again, and done. I'm assuming you don't keep anything important on the internal sd...

The issue is multiuser support in 4.2+ roms screws with our 4.1 stock roms. 4.2+ uses /data/media/0 for the main user's "internal sd" then /data/media/1 then /data/media/2 and so on and so forth for each additional user. You don't have to format, but if you were on Carbon, only changed the mount point, flashed to stock, then later down the line you install CM or Slim, your crap from Carbon will still be there under /data/media/0 and could cause issues with the newer rom.

EDIT:
    A format of /data might fix this too, but you'll still have to check and/or change the mount point. The internal sd is stored on /data.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    This tool is created by The Myth Team for Motorola Atrix HD
    All comments to help improving tools are always welcome!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    MAIN PARTS:
    1. Installer ADB/FASTBOOT/APKTOOL for AHD (Use for parts below and further modding)
    2. Flashing Tools for stock firmwares (compatible with ICS/JB of AT&T, BELL and Mexico AHD;
    include options for installing CWM recovery, no needs to care about editing xml any more, just put firmware into our tools and it will do for you)
    3. Flashing Recovery
    4. Rooting Tools (Motochopper - By Dan Rosenberg; it's combined here to bring the convinience for users after
    installing stock firmwares)
    5. Unlocking Bootloader Tools (Motopocalypse - By Dan Rosenberg; it's combined here with the same target as
    rooting tools but it's necesary for users who want to flash other carrier's firmwares on their AHD)
    6. Dowload Motorola USB Driver (Lastest driver)
    7. Lockscreen Mod
    8. Mod for ADBD Insecure
    EXTRA PARTS:
    4 Quick reboot Options
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    HOW TO USE:
    1. For the installer, just select option and it will open a new window, select Install button and it will install adb/fastboot/apktool to your windows. If your windows dont allow to install (due to UAC control), u can select installer in /tools folder and run it under administration mode. With this installer, u dont need sdk-platform anymore to use adb or fastboot. Just need to have JDK and it will run normally.
    2. To flash stock firmware, you only have to download stock firmware (*.zip file) and put it in 'firmware' folder then run our tools. Follow its instructions and options to finish the flash process. Dont need to edit xml files and No more worries about failure with RSDLite. We have tested all firmwares of AHD (ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1, 4.1.2 of Bell, AT&T, Mexico Retail) with our tools and they worked.
    3. Option allows users to install cwm recovery or custom recovery (it's up to users). To flash custom recovery, you can place recovery image (*.img) to 'recovery folder and run the tools.
    4,5. This is popular and famous tools by Dan Rosenberg. I think I dont need to explain again :)
    6. This is link for Driver on Motorola site. Just in case you miss it or need to install again.
    7. It provides a various theme for lockscreen of stock firmware by modding framework
    8. It will mod automatically the boot.img to allow the true adb root with adb command (eg. "adb remount" to full read-write system..). It mainly is useful for stock firmware while custom rom always has.
    DOWNLOAD
    - V1.3: OneDrive (Updated link 17th June 2018)
    - V1.2: Dev-host or Google driver
    - V1.1: Dev-host or Google Driver
    - V1.0: Dev-host or google driver (select File > Dowload)

If you satisfy with our tool, plz consider to invite me a cup of coffee :D

Credit:
    - The Myth Team's members
    - Thank to Djrbliss, skeevydude, leanix, osm0sis, chainfaire, PhilZ: I used some things from your files/information to make this tools
    If I miss sb, feel free to tell me :)
    SCREENSHOTS & CHANGE LOG:
    V1.3
    - Optimize tools' code
    - Improve apktool/adb/fastboot installer
    - Improve recovery flashing & add Philz Touch to option.
    - Added reboot option after flashing
    - Show progress of flashing firmware
    - Add feature to auto-enable ADBD Insecure (Auto mode for ATT 4.1.1 & BELL 4.1.2, Manually mod option)

jbFsTCyTAfcfY.PNG

V1.2
    - Add lockscreen effect mod tool (Screenshot of its result: see here)
    + 3 preload mods: original, samsung ripple and honeycomb effect
    + allows users to mod it themselves: custom option.

V1.1
    - Add Launcher
    - Add Users' agreement
    - Add Flash Recovery Option which allows users to flash cwm recovery or custom recovery
    by putting recovery image in tools (stock recovery,...etc) then it will be flashed to phone.
    - Add Quick Reboot Options
    - Optimize tools' sources

V1.0
    - First release
    - Tested flashing all firmwares of AHD
    Released new version 1.3 for Myth Tools. Feedbacks are always welcome! Thanks.
    Yeah..we are so lucky. :D
    Waiting for the first Myth ROM on Atrix HD.. :good:

Updated v 1.1 :)
    Are kit Kat Roms needing a special recovery? I know with the HTC s one will need a modded twrp or cwm

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Can we flash twrp via fast boot in lieu of using the tool kit?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Flashing KK roms just needs cwm recovery :p you also can you philZ Touch, it's also based on CWM.
    Flashing TWRP has same procedure as flashing CWM so it should work by using this tool for installing. But TWRP is just at alpha stage for our AHD so i dont recommend using it. CWM is enough for me and basic users :D
    New funtions are coming :) One of them is lockscreen mod :D