[Q] Disaster Recovery - Can't get past bootloader screen

Search This thread

Vmey

Dec 27, 2011
Hi,

My goal was to revert my HTC One to stock, no tampered, no locked, etc. After hours of trying to find a solution to S-Off, I was finally successful with gaining S-Off, Removing the Tampered Flag, Re-locking, and returning to S-On.

I'm not entirely sure what happened next. I think I most have chosen "reboot" so that I could get back in and apply a new RUU.

Instead, my phone returned to bootloader, with a surprise reappearance of the "Tampered" flag, and a new one now, "Security Warning".

Attempts to reboot simply return me to bootloader. Attempts to access Recovery return me to bootloader. Attempts to power down work. And when I power on again it returns me to bootloader.

What. The. Hell. Happened.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Vmey

Dec 27, 2011
Additional Details: Here are the steps I took to achieve each change:

S-Off - Rumrunner - Successful
Remove Tampered - Via this thread:

Code:
adb devices

adb shell

su

echo -ne '\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 bs=1 seek=4265988 

exit

adb reboot bootloader

Reset Lock Status -

Code:
./revone -l 

(the directions I had stated "-L" but capital wasn't recognized, and lowercase worked.

Reset S-On -

Code:
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Looks like something screwed up. Once you are S-OFF, you do not need to lock the bootloader or S-ON to run RUU. It is (was) your get out of jail card.

Can you select factory reset from the bootloader menu? What is the result? If no go, then unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery, restore backup and/or flash custom rom, and restart the process.

Also what RUU were you trying to run, and why? Warranty related?

Vmey

Dec 27, 2011
Looks like something screwed up. Once you are S-OFF, you do not need to lock the bootloader or S-ON to run RUU. It is (was) your get out of jail card.

Can you select factory reset from the bootloader menu? What is the result? If no go, then unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery, restore backup and/or flash custom rom, and restart the process.

Also what RUU were you trying to run, and why? Warranty related?

Thanks for the reply. I was going to do T-mobile's trade-in program (every 6 months), but need the phone back to stock or they won't accept.

When I chose factory reset, it returned me to the bootloader.

My guess is it is freaking out because I relocked everything but still have a custom ROM.

Thanks for the advice, now time to hunt through the threads to figure out how to do all those things again. It has been a while, I've been unlocked for ages.

Top Liked Posts