[Q] semi bricked I think? Help?

Search This thread

harkaan

Apr 16, 2014
Alright, so the usual thing I accidentally did something that messed up my tf300t. I've had this guy for a long time, gone through several of the roms including slim, pacman, cm10, etc. I was just going to move from pac to cromi, so I booted into twrp to install the latest asus firmware, and it installed fine and I can boot into it just fine but when I try to access fastboot/rck it just freezes. I have the unlocked bootloader, so when I boot into the Vol-down/power menu, it'll say fastboot is loaded and just have the RCK, Android, and Wipe data buttons. As soon as I plug in the cable to my computer it freezes, and when I unplug it it unfreezes. I've tried using fastboot with it plugged in to no avail, I can wipe the data just fine but I get a red triangle when I try to access the rck. So it just seems odd that I mean I have a working tablet right now, its just I can't install recovery or fastboot anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jake

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Alright, so the usual thing I accidentally did something that messed up my tf300t. I've had this guy for a long time, gone through several of the roms including slim, pacman, cm10, etc. I was just going to move from pac to cromi, so I booted into twrp to install the latest asus firmware, and it installed fine and I can boot into it just fine but when I try to access fastboot/rck it just freezes. I have the unlocked bootloader, so when I boot into the Vol-down/power menu, it'll say fastboot is loaded and just have the RCK, Android, and Wipe data buttons. As soon as I plug in the cable to my computer it freezes, and when I unplug it it unfreezes. I've tried using fastboot with it plugged in to no avail, I can wipe the data just fine but I get a red triangle when I try to access the rck. So it just seems odd that I mean I have a working tablet right now, its just I can't install recovery or fastboot anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jake

Wait did you wipe data from the bootloader menu? That results in an instant permanent brick, so I hope that wasn't what you meant.