Originally Posted by aeroxy
Also, I have a few questions.
1. Do I need ADB for Android on OSX?
2. Can I use an microSD card instead of putting the device into download mode and add a partition?
3. What is "pit file" and what is "dave as dialoge"? Is this file a pit file? (http://d-h.st/bCi
1. No I did not even use it myself.
2. You are writing to a partition that already exists on your device. Out of the box you have arecovery partition with samsung/googles stock recovery. You are overwriting this with a custom one to gain the ability to flash roms and root your device.
3. See attached image. Look at the box in the left middle portion of the screen that is titled download pit and notice the button that is labeled save as. Dave as was a typo I didn't catch.
4. The second screenshot is a visual aid for the last part of my original steps.
Loading my questions like a shotgun.