[ROM][05.15.12] RezROM S4 v2.4 | EQS | S-OFF/S-ON | Evita Base | Sense 4.0 | Smooth

Search This thread

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
Edit: I think I found the RUU I'm looking for... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365654 I'd like to re-ask which one to get as I heard bad things about 3.14 but I didn't even know 3.13 existed.

Also, is that really as easy as the PH98IMG.zip file in hboot? I thought it was more involved than that...

I personally am on 3.11, others say good things about 3.13, but that's a minority group. Rezrom is based off 3.11. And yes, pretty much that easy, download the RUU, stick on your sdcard, Must re-lock your bootloader, and use the adb fastboot command. bla bla all the instructions are there.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

alright. everything seemed working fine until the final boot up of the rom. i wiped data/cache, flashed the rom, flashed the kernel because i am s-on, and it doesn't seem to go past the loading screen for rezrom. the "hacked successfully" bit.

any ideas?

Once you flash, you must go back in and flash the .zip that is now on your sdcard, it will run a script, drop a ph98**.img on your sdcard, reboot you into bootloader, then press vol+ to start update boot.img.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

I followed that when I first installed the Rom, believe me. Is there any reason it might not have sticked?

It should reboot "ATLEAST" twice before it is done. I've flashed 1 or 2 that have rebooted up to 4 times. Make sure you keep pressing Vol+ until it no longer ask to. It will say update complete.
Tip: Look for the green "OK" next to every step. process takes about 15min

scy1192

Apr 12, 2012
It should reboot "ATLEAST" twice before it is done. I've flashed 1 or 2 that have rebooted up to 4 times. Make sure you keep pressing Vol+ until it no longer ask to. It will say update complete.
Tip: Look for the green "OK" next to every step. process takes about 15min

I see, I heard it only needed to reboot twice so I stopped after that.

Sep 17, 2010
Los Angeles
alright. let me describe you my steps.

1. i boot into recovery, wipe data/cache for the system
2. i run the zip for the rom, it installs
3. i run the zip for the s4 kernel. it installs
4. i run the zip for the old firmware patch, then boot up.

does it matter which ph98**.img i drop?

scy1192

Apr 12, 2012
alright. let me describe you my steps.

1. i boot into recovery, wipe data/cache for the system
2. i run the zip for the rom, it installs
3. i run the zip for the s4 kernel. it installs
4. i run the zip for the old firmware patch, then boot up.

does it matter which ph98**.img i drop?

Don't forget about the mainver ZIP. I forgot it and had the same problem you did, so the kernel (PH98... created by the install) didn't install.

rabidpencil

Feb 5, 2010
Springfield, MO
I personally am on 3.11, others say good things about 3.13, but that's a minority group. Rezrom is based off 3.11. And yes, pretty much that easy, download the RUU, stick on your sdcard, Must re-lock your bootloader, and use the adb fastboot command. bla bla all the instructions are there

I see. I think that's what I did before. Probably just did it on another GB firmware. It's been a while. So would going S-off first be better? Would it matter?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
I see. I think that's what I did before. Probably just did it on another GB firmware. It's been a while. So would going S-off first be better? Would it matter?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Re-Lock your bootloader, Run RUU using spare sdcard ( you will need it for sdcard) Or backup your sdcard and use it, but it will wipe EVERYTHING.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

and may i ask how i am going to flash that? I think the link doesn't work on the main page.

thank you again in advance

Lol do a search, there's about 20 more post for it.

Reactions: rabidpencil

B-Nice_88

Nov 10, 2008
Don't forget about the mainver ZIP. I forgot it and had the same problem you did, so the kernel (PH98... created by the install) didn't install.

so is the mainversion reset mandatory??...i'm running 2.4 release and the only problem i'm experiencing is battery life...it may be because the kernel didn't install properly, but after flashing the kernel installer it dropped the PH...zip file on my sd and rebooted to the bootloader..not sure if it wrote the kernel to the system properly tho...

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
so is the mainversion reset mandatory??...i'm running 2.4 release and the only problem i'm experiencing is battery life...it may be because the kernel didn't install properly, but after flashing the kernel installer it dropped the PH...zip file on my sd and rebooted to the bootloader..not sure if it wrote the kernel to the system properly tho...

Did you press vol+ when you rebooted to bootloader. If not do it again. Explain battery life please.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
gettin kinda bored of sense 3.6 again lol....just curious, whats this new RIL fix, and whats "upgrade to new rosie" mean?

also bored, there's no quicksettings in this dropdown right? you told me that was staying on pkmn only. (i hope, cuz i don't like quicksettings lol) oh damnit nevermind i just read the first post. ugh i hate the quicksettings dropdown bar, it's just not as smooth as stock sense 4. oh well i'm staying on 3.6 anyway lol

Last edited:

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
gettin kinda bored of sense 3.6 again lol....just curious, whats this new RIL fix, and whats "upgrade to new rosie" mean?

also bored, there's no quicksettings in this dropdown right? you told me that was staying on pkmn only. (i hope, cuz i don't like quicksettings lol) oh damnit nevermind i just read the first post. ugh i hate the quicksettings dropdown bar, it's just not as smooth as stock sense 4. oh well i'm staying on 3.6 anyway lol

Quick settings are stealth. Hit the verizon header and bam, they will show up.

I love um! Love everything about this rom!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: eagle20g

username235

Sep 4, 2011
AZ

I could give you the original Sense 4 systemui.apk if you want. It doesn't have the quick settings, and it moves in two separate pieces. I don't like the quick settings one either, because I like the speed and smoothness of the original two piece thing.

Sent from my Sense 4 Rezound

Reactions: jayochs

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
I could give you the original Sense 4 systemui.apk if you want. It doesn't have the quick settings, and it moves in two separate pieces. I don't like the quick settings one either, because I like the speed and smoothness of the original two piece thing.

Sent from my Sense 4 Rezound

THANK YOU. holy ****, someone FINALLY understands wtf i'm talking about when i say that the sense 4 dropdown menu is a two piece system that worked like sense 1!!!! it's been 1 disgusting laggy **** since sense 2 came out, and they finally reverted back to this. (everytime i try to ask joel about this, he has no idea wtf i'm talking about lol) ....i'm thankful that you have eyes, good sir ;)

Reactions: username235

username235

Sep 4, 2011
AZ
THANK YOU. holy ****, someone FINALLY understands wtf i'm talking about when i say that the sense 4 dropdown menu is a two piece system that worked like sense 1!!!! it's been 1 disgusting laggy **** since sense 2 came out, and they finally reverted back to this. (everytime i try to ask joel about this, he has no idea wtf i'm talking about lol) ....i'm thankful that you have eyes, good sir ;)

Lol, I dunno how people don't notice it, that's one of the first things I noticed about Sense 4 that I loved. Anyways, the .apk attached should be the original one, with the location icon and stuff removed, credit to...I'm not sure who, because I downloaded it quite a while ago lol.

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: jayochs

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
Lol, I dunno how people don't notice it, that's one of the first things I noticed about Sense 4 that I loved. Anyways, the .apk attached should be the original one, with the location icon and stuff removed, credit to...I'm not sure who, because I downloaded it quite a while ago lol.

sweet. i think i'm gonna run sense 3.6 for a bit, though..gonna try ineff. you know what'd be AWESOME? if we were able to get the sense 4.0 dropdown bar on sense 3.6. good god, i'd be pumped. lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rezroms4.png

Special thanks to j4n87 for allowing joelz and myself to use his EQS mod to bring extended quick settings back to Sense 4.0. DON'T KANG!!!

Donate to Me

Donate to j4n87

Thanks to the following:

Joelz - Helpful, kind, awesome, cool, patient, not easily annoyed, did I mention helpful? And of course the new RIL :)
    Jan (aka. j4n87) - All the above, plus an incredibly funny dork :D. Honestly though, he is just too awesome of a friend to be able to put it into words. And of course RezROM Tweaks.
    CapyChimp - You just a superhero
    Newt - Original RIL - No longer userd
    Virtuous Team - Awesome Evita Base in which this was made possible from.
    Testers - You guys put up with my 3am requirements lol
    Me - Cuz I'm too stubborn to quit
    Wasabi - Most excellent banners and Emotional Support;)

Last but not least
    God - For giving me not only the talent but the patience to put up with those I'd much rather choke :eek:
    Don't forget to click thanks or even better the button directly below!!​
    ROM Installation:

Unlock via HTCDev or have a factory S-Off device.
    Install a custom recovery. It is reported that CWM is having periodic issues with certain code formats in the update-script. With that being said, I highly recommend using Amon RA Style Recovery with this ROM.
    • Download RezROM from the link below. If you are S-ON, download RezROM_S4_S-ON_Kernel_Installer.zip as well.

• CHECK THE MD5 AFTER PLACING ON YOUR SDCARD. Windows user can download md5 checksum shell extension.

• Reboot your device into recovery mode.

• I recommend a wipe for this installation. A lot has changed.

• Install the ROM in recovery. S-OFF users simply reboot. S-ON USERS DO NOT REBOOT. Now flash S4 Kernel Installer zip which will reboot your to bootloader to finish the process.

• Enjoy and consider buying me a cup of coffee :)

How to upgrade your firmware:

1. Download the 3.11.605.22 Leaked RUU: LINK MD5 = 58b0f42defc689650ddd5128f195dc7d
    2. Rename the RUU to "PH98IMG.zip"
    3. Copy the renamed RUU to the root of your external SD Card.
    4. Re-lock the bootloader.
    • Open a DOS prompt and change directory to the folder where you have fastboot.exe

• Reboot to bootloader

• Type "fastboot oem lock" (No Quotes) while you are in bootloader (fastboot usb).
    5. Reboot to bootloader again via recovery menu.
    • The bootloader will begin to scan the PH98IMG.zip - This will take awhile

• When it asks if you want to update press volume up for yes.

• The update will make the first pass - This will take awhile as well

• The phone will reboot and sit on the white HTC screen - DO NOT freak out once again "this will take awhile"

• When it is done it will reboot back to fastboot mode.

• Make sure "Bootloader" is highlighted and then press the power button to run the second pass of the install - once again "this will take awhile :)" - watch the screen to verify ok next to each partition

• Once complete press the power button to reboot.

• Your device will now begin booting on the newly installed Leaked RUU
    6. Once booted skip everything in setup
    7. Proceed to http://htcdev.com/ to unlock the bootloader - Unlock keys do expire so you may need to request a new key.
    8. Install the custom recovery of your choice.
    9. Flash RezROM as instructed above.
    Reset your MainVer

Changelog

v2.5

JoelZ RIL Fix - thx a bunch dude :)
    Added blue accent patch to server
    Redid Exchange policy once again
    Fixed blackout of password cell when setting up mail account
    Working on fixing small notification header bug
    Updated to newer Rosie
    Modded app drawer to 5x5
    Disable 2D rendering by default
    Updated numerous lib files
    Modded default.xml
    Other xml tweaks
    More battery tweaks
    more....

v2.4

Added Exchange Security bypass
    Fixed Mail fc on initial setup
    Fixed Mail fc on threaded view
    Removed code to reenable Mail threaded view by default
    Fixed My Verizon
    Updated HTC SSO Client
    Update VZW SSO Client
    Removed location rectile
    Added HTC Location Apps and framework
    Added dim led script for battery savings
    Worked on base scripts for better performance
    more....

v1.2

Awesome new bootanimation thanks to racinwarrior - this thing is wicked cool
    Move animations to system/media "bootanimation.zip - downanimation.zip"
    Cleaned screens on initial install - clock only
    Install of non-market apps by default
    2D rendering by default
    build.prop changes for performance and battery life
    In-call and speakerphone volume FIXED
    Unhide Mirror and TuneIn - working on fix for Mirror
    Cleaned alot of xml's
    more....

v1.1​

Added My Verizon from 3.11.605.22
    Added HTCSSOClient from One X
    Added VerizonSSOClient from 3.11.605.22
    Added VVM from 3.11.605.22
    Revamped Messages code to allow for VVM tab
    Updated sound control files
    Updated Maps
    Updates Street
    Updated Gmail
    Updated ES File Explorer
    More.....

v1.0

Script work as usual
    MMS Fixed
    Mail partially fixed
    Other stuff I'm not gonna mention right now
    Bug List
    Bt does not connect to phone audio but does connect to media audio

VVM unsupported format

SuperSU - go into su settings and change prompt to allow​

i'm coming back :) will get some fixes for this soon

also i was made an offer by my good friends so it looks like i will be a part of team venom ;)