Help cant access internal memory after a file patch

Search This thread

pepporlemon

Feb 17, 2014
sgh m919
rooted

I was in the process of beginning to move games from internal to sd memory. The thing is I didn't even mod files yet. I downloaded a program to move files but when I downloaded it the program said a system file needed to be patched. once done phone reset but when it came back on I Could not access my internal files. It shows up when connected via usb to compete but the phone folder is not selectable. my phone memry is filled just as it was before the patch all my apps on the phone are there, some are usable others such as google play wont open. please help

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
sgh m919
rooted

I was in the process of beginning to move games from internal to sd memory. The thing is I didn't even mod files yet. I downloaded a program to move files but when I downloaded it the program said a system file needed to be patched. once done phone reset but when it came back on I Could not access my internal files. It shows up when connected via usb to compete but the phone folder is not selectable. my phone memry is filled just as it was before the patch all my apps on the phone are there, some are usable others such as google play wont open. please help

You are talking about the app FolderMount. I use it and I have no issues. Neither when i was on 4.2.2 nor 4.3. I would try again. Something else must be causing the issue.

Can you reverse the patch? (Remove it). Flash a 4.3 TWz base ROM, native app2sd built in.

☞ Sent from here ☜

They want game data and stuff stored on the external SD card. App2Sd only stores data. Not downloaded stuff. Like, for my maps app, all my maps are on the internal, no matter what i do, other than FolderMount, i cannot get them to the external SD and still work. Mainly because when an app looks for the sd card, it returns the internal directory.

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
They want game data and stuff stored on the external SD card. App2Sd only stores data. Not downloaded stuff. Like, for my maps app, all my maps are on the internal, no matter what i do, other than FolderMount, i cannot get them to the external SD and still work. Mainly because when an app looks for the sd card, it returns the internal directory.
Gotcha. I too use Foldermount with no problems. Stored my maps for GPS on ext sd card.
Would be helpful if OP post what app he/she is using.

☞ Sent from here ☜

pepporlemon

Feb 17, 2014
You are talking about the app FolderMount. I use it and I have no issues. Neither when i was on 4.2.2 nor 4.3. I would try again. Something else must be causing the issue.

you're correct I'm referring to folder Mount and it's the cause of my issue. I downloaded it then opened it once open a message came up claiming I needed to patch a system file then reboot. After reboot my internal Memory was not accessible only apps and games but pictures and google play type apps wont open when trying to open I get a message saying google play or pictures stops when connected to computer I can see phone folder but wont allow me to click on it. when I boot into recovery I cannot Mount the internal sd card only my external card.

Last edited: