[APP MOD] WyContacts 1.1 (150210)

Search This thread

Haphim

Apr 25, 2009
I don't know if this is still the correct thread for this, since the first post mentions v1.1, and CM7 uses v1.2... but there are some serious bugs in v1.2, and I don't know where else to ask about them.

The bugs all revolve around one scenario - that a user might have their phone configured to hide the outgoing Caller ID by default.

When this happens, there will be some contacts that you need to be able to call while displaying your Caller ID (because they won't answer otherwise). In this scenario, the way to do it is by the use of star codes (*82, to be exact).

WyContacts doesn't understand numbers that use star codes. So we begin the list of bugs:

1. A phone number such *821235551212 is not recognized as a valid phone number. Therefore, it won't be displayed under a contact.

2. If we format the number so it looks like this: *82(123)555-1212
...then it's recognized as a phone number. The problem is that if 123-555-1212 is another number under the same contact, WyContacts thinks they're the same number, so it will only display the first one. This is a problem, because the version with the star codes will NOT work reliably for SMS. Therefore, I usually have the numbers in both standard and unblocked forms under the same contact. When I SMS, I use the normal one, and when I call, I use the unblocked one. This does not work in WyContacts.

Note: How do I know that WyContacts thinks it's a duplicate? Because if you change one of the digits, it now shows up just fine.

3. Numbers that use star codes do not properly export and import. Not only is the formatting lost, but the asterisk is truncated, so when the contacts are imported back in, they now come in as 821235551212.

4. Ironically, when importing the now-broken numbers - once we edit them to fix them, WyContacts will now show them properly.

Other than the export issue, the rest of the bugs can be dealt with simply by not having WyContacts do any sort of verification of the numbers. Don't look at the formatting, don't expect (3 digit)(3 digit)(4 digit), don't check for duplicate numbers - just accept each entered number as a seperate detail entry.

Is this something that can be fixed? Because it's making WyContacts (as the default dialer for CM7) almost completely useless.

sensimila

Feb 16, 2009
San Diego
Hi,
I would like to make a request for this app. Or maybe it has already been done.
I would like to be able to interact with a secondary dial button next to the green dial button that is listed next to each contact.

(ie)
[Display Contacts]
Contact name1 [gvoice dialer] [mobile dialer]
Contact name2 [gvoice dialer] [mobile dialer]
Etc...
[end Display Contacts]

So when I use Google Voice to call, it will require less user input when choosing which number to dial with. Currently, in Google Voice, The only useful dialer setting is to prompt me to choose which dialer service to use. By viewing the contact then pressing the green dialer then choosing which service. Maybe you can add an option to add another dialer button. Thanks for reading my post. If you could add this functionality to your wonderful app I will happily make a kind donation to your cause.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
Hi,
I would like to make a request for this app. Or maybe it has already been done.
I would like to be able to interact with a secondary dial button next to the green dial button that is listed next to each contact.

(ie)
[Display Contacts]
Contact name1 [gvoice dialer] [mobile dialer]
Contact name2 [gvoice dialer] [mobile dialer]
Etc...
[end Display Contacts]

So when I use Google Voice to call, it will require less user input when choosing which number to dial with. Currently, in Google Voice, The only useful dialer setting is to prompt me to choose which dialer service to use. By viewing the contact then pressing the green dialer then choosing which service. Maybe you can add an option to add another dialer button. Thanks for reading my post. If you could add this functionality to your wonderful app I will happily make a kind donation to your cause.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

The same could be said for choosing to dial with the primary SIP account.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Feature/Enhancement Requests

I use CM7, and it appears that the native Dialer/Contacts app from CM7 is built on this development. Here are my primary, and very major complaints with the current Contacts app:

• Lack of a Call Log shortcut in the app drawer.
    • Lack of an option to "View Call History" for a particular contact for more than the past day.
    • Lack of speed-dial and smart-dialing.
    • Poor integration of and complicated process to "Join/Separate" contacts.

These are some pretty basic, essential features. Pretty much every phone supports smart-dialing these days (by that I mean looking up contacts by name and number while dialing numbers, just like the native Sense/Touchwiz/Motoblur dialer and most other dialers do). And the lack of simple speed-dialing is just inexcusable. Even phones ten years ago could do that easily!

I would love to see these basic enhancements added to really it. And I would be willing to donate money towards that.

And if I am mistaken and simply missing how to do these things, or if anyone has any suggestions or tips on how to do these, please just let me know!