[ROM][KANG][2012.09.16] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Search This thread

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
I have again issue with camera. Video record freeze and the most important and strange : sometimes by switching from camcorder to video recorder it make a strange noise like "clack" so, is it a sound or an hardware cause sound?

The part of the logcat you quoted was related to the Android System Info app from the market. There are a lot of:
E/MediaProfiles( 8248): The given camcorder profile camera 0 quality 2 is not found
in the full logcat, though. So probably the media_profiles.xml needs work. The click is the camera shutter being slammed closed or open. I've had that happen once or twice in the past, it's possibly related.

I used to have a problem that removing headphones while music was playing would cause reboot, but I can't reproduce that anymore with any of my headsets, so that seems fixed.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
New SDCard, updated version to 28.3 build, problem remains.

EDIT
most reboots with my nexus are due to overclock and voltage settings. I flashed this yesterday to give it a shot before settling with Cm6 and I was getting the blackscreen issue. It seems to happen with most ROMs but some more than others. It has only happened once so far with CM6. I don't have any clue. There is something that must cause it to be more sensitive to it in the ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: TyrionWarMage

TyrionWarMage

Aug 17, 2010
most records with my nexus are due to overclock and voltage settings. I flashed this yesterday to give it a shot before settling with Cm6 and I was getting the blackscreen issue. It seems to happen with most ROMs but some more than others. It has only happened once so far with CM6. I don't have any clue. There is something that must cause it to be more sensitive to it in the ROMs.

Thx, but its not overclocked. According to your Signature, you are/have been using CronosX CM7. Has this been more stable ? Dont want to downgrade to CM6 if its possible to prevent ....

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Thx, but its not overclocked. According to your Signature, you are/have been using CronosX CM7. Has this been more stable ? Dont want to downgrade to CM6 if its possible to prevent ....

I was running chronosX but now on cm6. I have my nieces phone on chronosX and yes it is very fast and stable. She hasn't had any issues and been using it for well over a month I believe. ChronosX is missing some features though it isn't complete.

Zachary57

Feb 2, 2011
I was running chronosX but now on cm6. I have my nieces phone on chronosX and yes it is very fast and stable. She hasn't had any issues and been using it for well over a month I believe. ChronosX is missing some features though it isn't complete.

Are you able to use link2sd with ext2 on cronosX because when it mount script on my phone I reboot and then I haven't any app.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Are you able to use link2sd with ext2 on cronosX because when it mount script on my phone I reboot and then I haven't any app.

I don't use link2sd I just use app2sd, it works with ext3 and I think Brian fixed it to work with ext4. Just create an app folder.

***It is only missing a few unnecessary features such as boot into Mz's OR, it boots into motorola's recovery, but that isn't an issue as you can just hold volume up when powering on, and screenshot doesn't work. Also some CM customizations but no big deal it is a great ROM for smootness and performance. Definitely an everyday ROM my niece is more happy with it than Bravo although probably not much of a difference to her.

***Ahhh but I was half asleep, this isn't cool going on and on about another ROM in this thread lol. Continue in ChronosX

Last edited:

oddo1907

Apr 5, 2011
ankara
i recorded videos using phone. then yesterday i watch thesee videos. but today videos are lost.
when i lookeed the galery any video disappered. videos are lost.
this version is 28.03.2012 CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Milestone XT720

Last edited:

kousik

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
Did anyone notice a better battery life with 04.04 ROM? I observed it for 2 days, and the battery seems to last longer. Compared with a month ago (found a screenshot) where in 12 hrs the battery will come from 90% to 20%, now in 22 hrs it came from 90% to 40%. That's very good, I'd rather say. I'll keep observing.

Attachments

• batterylife.jpg
    batterylife.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: oddo1907

oddo1907

Apr 5, 2011
ankara
before installing this ,should we divide sd cart three part(ext4,linux swap and fat35)?
when we transport app phone to sd card, which part of sd do app carry?

Last edited:

kousik

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
before installing this ,should we divide sd cart three part(ext4,linux swap and fat35)?
when we transport app phone to sd card, which part of sd do app carry?

Yes, though I *think* the order would be FAT32, ext2 (or ext3/ext4) and linux-swap. I encountered a little problem though to make swap work. I get an error "swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3: Function not implemented" so I guess swap support is not present in the kernel I have. I wonder if I can use a swap-supporting kernel.

kousik

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
To use swap you have to fastboot boot one of fjfalcon's custom kernels.

BTW is there a certain combination of SBF/kernel etc to make it work? I tried boot.img and also boot5.img, but both of them hard freezes after a couple of seconds. Can you recommend a combination (original SBF, fastboot kernel and CM7 update) that'd work supporting SD partition of fat32, ext2 (or ext3/4), swap?

However the problem seems to be with the SD card, as the boot5.img comes up fine when I pull the SD card out before booting. With the SD card inside, I face all problems. I'll try with a spare SD that doesn't have a 3rd swap partition to narrow the problem, but whole point of the exercise is to enable swap ...

Last edited:

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
You could also try disabling the init.d script that enables swap (/system/etc/init.d/06swap). I really want to get a kernel with compcache/zram (swap into compressed RAM) instead of pure swap but I haven't been able to boot even a vanilla kernel I've built at all yet... fjfalcon seems to have the magic touch. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom compiled from CyanogenMod7 vanilla source, android 2.3.7 — for Milestone XT720.

Link:
    Archive

Peshovec test branch releases:
    20120123 build

Installing instructions:

Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever);
    Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.
    Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    Download update, put it to /sdcard/openrecovery/updates and update it in openrecovery.

One man making and one man standing.. it's good... yes.
    But when team working together - that much better.
    For that we make "organization" in github, where everyone can commit his patch to source.
    So, everyone may join to our "organization" =)

https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers,
    Quarx,Xvilka,Dexter, Mioze7Ae, Stifley, nadlabak, dateno1, j.y.daddy, easye420, mchlbenner, mediaon, peshovec, Skrilax_CZ, khalpowers, wanted, hellmonger, stlifey, Epsylon3
    People, there to many of you. Just THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.
    Updater app

Here's a first attempt at an updater app. It's a port of milaq's cm4mm-updater for CM6.3 https://github.com/milaq/cm4mm-updater (which I understand is a continuation of a pre-RomManager CyanogenMod updater). At the moment, all I've done is change the default URL that the updater uses to read the available ROM list. Currently, it's probably more interesting to developers so don't get all whiny.

Some Notes:
    • Available ROMs are configured in the update_file.json file at https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/cm4mm-updater-manifest -- the updater downloads and parses that file
    • Actual ROMs get pulled from https://github.com/CyanogenModXT720/android/downloads
    • ROMs can be marked stable ("S") or experimental ("X")...
    • The default preference is to not display experimental ROMs...
    • The only ROM currently available *is* marked experimental (it's fj's 18112011) -- so if you run this you won't see any ROMs until you manually change the preference
    • ROMs are downloaded directly into the /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates folder
    • milaq puts cm4mmupdater.apk in prebuilt/app on CM6.3
    • There's a nice mechanism for including change logs, but I didn't do that. Look at milaq's *.json for a better example.
    New build, fixed camera recording.
    New build, new memory tweaks, new kernel tweaks, market identification fixed.. i hope.