[Recovery] ClockworkMod - TF701T Proxy Thread

Search This thread

loner.

Feb 25, 2013
I did a build of philz touch amazing recovery here without touch. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708724

But I have been trying to figure out the touch part. I dont know who else cares. Its been educational to say the least.

I can update the build without touch but it doesn make much difference without touch.

If you want to tackle it check the cm wiki first on how to build a full cyanogenmod 11. Use a ubuntu based distro if your new to it.

1. Pull a full cm tree. Use the wiki guide.
2. swap the recovery directory with philz touch
3. edit the BoardConfig i think it is.
4. Add a section there for the 701 exactly like the 700 but with 2560x1600
5. then when you have it all set to build a full cm11 according the wiki type mka recoveryimage basically.
6. then test with fastboot boot /path/to/recovery.img to try it without harming anything.

So far I dont have much knowledge on it. I See there is a raydium part and an atmel max touch driver in the kernel? I dont know whyy they are both there. Ive looked at the tf700 tegra/nexus7 I see it uses an elan touch driver. no clue.

then I see there is this small utility: https://github.com/atmel-maxtouch/obp-utils
I dont know if that has anything to do with it or could help.

I wonder if you have to compile most drivers as modules. I did read that the kernel uses less space if the drivers modules because the recovery can only be so big. Dont know about that.

I tried adding stuff to the recovery but eventually it got too big. Maybe the kernel needs to have things removed like joysticks and sound etc. Things that are not needed for a smaller size.

Maybe having the modules would help with the loading and calibration of the touch?

Would driver module code have to be modified. Does it have to use another driver? I dont know about that either.

Ive been playing around with buildroot to get a better understanding. http://buildroot.uclibc.org/
Thats a good thing to learn from for building a root filesystem etc. To get a better understanding.

Heres another similar project:
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Getting_started

Heres a pdf on kernel module programming:

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/lkmpg.pdf

Anyway, thats my newb like attack at it so far. Have fun. :)

Thanks. Sounds like your on top of it more than most, including me. Thanks for the information, but I am no Dev.
Good luck and thanks again.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

issawillwin

Feb 12, 2014
plus.google.com
Hello guys, i was wondering if it could be possible to develop CWM for locked bootloader? I know it's possible for a few devices but i don't know the situation for tf701.
Thanks for consider

Envoyé de mon C5303 en utilisant Tapatalk

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello guys, i was wondering if it could be possible to develop CWM for locked bootloader? I know it's possible for a few devices but i don't know the situation for tf701.
Thanks for consider

Sorry it's not possible.

The bootloader is encrypted by Asus. Seeing as each device has its own encrypted keys there is no way to do what you are asking.

Just unlock it and your problem is solved ;)

issawillwin

Feb 12, 2014
plus.google.com
I know that unlocking is the easy way but if something goes wrong with my device i dont want to spend 300€ in repair. How can people make lbl custom recoveries on Sony smartphones and in the same time Asus succeed to make it impossible. I might need devopper knowledge over here :D

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I know that unlocking is the easy way but if something goes wrong with my device i dont want to spend 300€ in repair. How can people make lbl custom recoveries on Sony smartphones and in the same time Asus succeed to make it impossible. I might need devopper knowledge over here :D

Because Sony or Samsung don't encrypt their phones / tablets like Asus do. They are different devices. Trust me - I have had a TF101, TF201, TF700, TF701 and ME180, developed roms for most of them for the last 2 years - you aren't getting a custom recovery without unlocking that bootloader. So what is the risk of your device going wrong? Next to zero. Why suffer when you could be enjoying it?

Unlock and inherit - you know it is right ;) :D

issawillwin

Feb 12, 2014
plus.google.com
I really want to unlock it to unlock it for 4.4.3 but paying for repair is the only thing who make me doubt. I think i might do it in a few months.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I really want to unlock it to unlock it for 4.4.3 but paying for repair is the only thing who make me doubt. I think i might do it in a few months.

Just depends how risk adverse you are...... :D I unlock most my devices within a few days of getting them.

Lot's of people post on here stories of regret that they wish they had unlocked sooner ;) Don't be one of them :angel:

loner.

Feb 25, 2013
Recovery – ClockworkMod 6.0.5.0 (CM 11.0) – TF701T (Macallan)

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Reactions: ariadnejro

royredman

Jun 30, 2011
can someone give me a step by step set of instructions in how to permanently install the custom recovery after the bootloader is unlocked? I dont want to screw this up

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
can someone give me a step by step set of instructions in how to permanently install the custom recovery after the bootloader is unlocked? I dont want to screw this up
There are installation instructions in the OP of basically each custom rom in the Development section.
If you need more background info, read this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688891
I wrote the guide for the TF700, but the steps for installing the custom recovery are the same. Just replace the CWM recovery for the TF701 and you will be fine.

michaave

Dec 27, 2010
Recovery @ DB has been updated.

What's the trouble with the touch screen driver integration?
Is there any way I can help get that going? I'm really hoping for TWRP, but that can't be built for our device without first getting CWM Touch working....
I'm not an expert by any means, but I can handle some tedious stuff if it's just a matter of it being time consuming...

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
What's the trouble with the touch screen driver integration?
Is there any way I can help get that going? I'm really hoping for TWRP, but that can't be built for our device without first getting CWM Touch working....
I'm not an expert by any means, but I can handle some tedious stuff if it's just a matter of it being time consuming...
The problem is that the recovery partition on this tablet is way too small for a recovery with touchscreen drivers - there's just not enough room. Teamwin will not develop one. We can be grateful to the CWM team that we have a custom recovery at all... ;)

michaave

Dec 27, 2010
The CWM team isn't who's been building this for us. It's been pershoot. I know he's been otherwise occupied with RL stuff, which is why I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help. You are right that our recovery partition is small, but it's not too small for TWRP.
Our recovery partition is only 8MB, but the TWRP 2.8.1 recovery image for the Galaxy S4 is... 8MB.
I don't expect TWRP to do this for us. That's not their job, and I doubt any of them really feel like it's their responsibility. If we can get working touch screen drivers with CWM, I'll build TWRP from source myself (I've got linux virtual machines galore), and share it... I just don't know what's been done so far, or what the trouble is... Like I say, I'm no expert. I might fail miserably... But I'd like to try to help if possible. My TF700t had TWRP and it was excellent. It's awkward to take a step down in recovery (no offense intended) while taking a step up in performance...

Reactions: ariadnejro

michaave

Dec 27, 2010
We might not need that as a prerequisite after all... Seeing what I can do, I'll keep you posted. Obviously with Christmas things'll be a little crazy for a bit, but I'm going to see if I can't figure this out on my own... If I do, I'll make a new thread.

Update: So apparently the touchscreen drivers for our tablet have a userspace element that interacts with the kernel, rather than having the touchscreen drivers wholly in the kernel... The problem with that is twofold: these are precompiled files we're dealing with, and the dependent files we would need to include total 1.7 MB, but the TWRP source before integrating these files is 7.5 MB. So it is like berndblb said, our recovery is too small to include the files we would need to include. If it weren't for the additional files, it would work fine... Wondering if maybe there is a device similar to ours that has the touchscreen drivers as part of the kernel...? Maybe we can snag them and use them for our tablet, if only for the recovery mode.

Update 2: Built it, but no touch input. Mouse works fine, but only while docked to the keyboard (and a mouse dongle plugged into the dock). This issue is well beyond me, but there are some very skilled people working on the Nvidia Shield (which has the same touchscreen as we do) here: http://xdaforums.com/shield-tablet/...unofficial-t2877117/post57969432#post57969432

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    L7CPtbT.png

YHzvuwX.png

THIS IS A PROXY THREAD Creator and Maintainer is pershoot

This is CWM for the ASUS Transformer Pad (TF701T – Macallan).

mCQXPr2.png

-You must be unlocked (use ASUS’s unlock tool to perform this)
    -You must be on 10.26.1.18 bootloader (updating to ASUS’s latest 4.3 release will install this)

eXVCwe2.png

For complete Info and Download: VISIT HERE
    ***Once there, check out the Recent Entries on the right side of the page for latest updates***

D7LO8s0.png

-Unlock your device using the ASUS Unlock tool.
    -Boot in once and execute: adb reboot bootloader

Fastboot:
    To boot the recovery:
    fastboot boot recovery.img

To permanently flash the recovery:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Source:
    https://github.com/pershoot/android_device_asus_tf701t
    https://github.com/pershoot/android_kernel_asus_tf701t
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery

Creator and Maintainer:
    @pershoot
    6.0.5.1 posted (DB).
    recovery updated with baseline build and sorted dock sd card functionality and usbdisk functionality.
    Is it because we lack drivers? You would think it would be simple to get basic touch support working in this era. I'm honestly not an expert at this though.

a JNI stub is used to facilitate firmware load and calibrate for touch. this wouldnt be available in recovery.

when i get some time ill see about bundling it all in kernel space.
    recovery updated (kernel + sync'd with CM).