[REF] Dead/Bricked phone after JB OTA, QHSUSB_DLOAD

Search This thread

Vauix

Mar 30, 2011
Hi All,

There are more and more reports coming in from people who ended up with a dead/bricked phone after the JellyBean Update 4.1.1 , 3.16.401.8 OTA. As you connect it to your PC you will soon find out it's in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode.

The purpose of this threat is to see how many people are affected, what people have done to attempt to recover their phone, and to find a possible solution (this chance seems rather small though).

There are alot of post about this in the JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion threat, starting from page 157.

There are 2 threats about it in Q&A:
One S in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode
My HTC to really died

Reported attempts to recover:
QHSUSB_DLOAD Fix by team Unlimited
Unbricking HTC devices with the QHSUSB_DLOAD issue tutorial by kgs1992
Step 3 (and some others) from [TUT] Downgrade/Unbrick Ville S4
Another HTC one V recover guide where i can't find the link for.

Please report here if you have this issue. Please mention your CID, in what country you downloaded the OTA, the software version you upgrade from and the hboot version.

Also any new ideas to recover our phones our self are welcome!

My phone:
2.31 Unbranded Europe
1.14 Hboot
Downloaded in The Netherlands
1111111 Supercid

Vauix

Mar 30, 2011
As far as I know the issue is only caused by people who previously had SuperCID.

I thought I saw a report of a fully stock device and one htc__001 cid as well. I can't find them at the moment, but this is also why I started this threat. But there seem to be more of these reports of supercid indeed, though there are also allot with supercid who successfully updated.

gauron

Jan 22, 2009
My phone is bricked too

Orginal CID was HTC_0001 (maybe), branded by 1&1 Germany
but changed to 11111111 to flash a unbranded RUU (what had worked)

I had Stock Recovery and relocked bootloader

KeroG

Dec 24, 2012
My phone is bricked too

SuperCID 11111111 Hboot 1.14 Recovery Stock y Relocked bootloader.

hellgod

Jul 19, 2007
My phone is bricked too

Orginal CID was HTC_203 (maybe), not branded by telecom company - France
but changed to 11111111

I had Stock Recovery and relocked bootloader and flash the 2.31 RUU

Reactions: Darknites

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
My phone is bricked too

but changed to 11111111

Dam it didnt mean to hit thank so enjoy that lol.

@Vauix, did you run a RUU before updating? if so what one?

Reactions: Inferi0r

inetdua

Sep 6, 2012
let's discuss who and what options tried to output the list of sections? How you think why it happened?

Vauix

Mar 30, 2011
Dam it didnt mean to hit thank so enjoy that lol.

@Vauix, did you run a RUU before updating? if so what one?

Yes I ran a RUU prior to flashing this update, i didn't chance anything to the rom yet but to search for the OTA. it was the RUU_Ville_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.5_Radio_1.06es.50.02.31_10.09a.50.04L_release_275655_signed.exe

I thought about my supercid before I ran the RUU but i thought the worst thing that could happen was i could get a error that it couldn't flash it.

Its rather weird that some guys with supercid managed to flash it successfully. And i still think I saw some people with other cid's with bricked devices.

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
I ran the OTA update twice on my supercid'd device successfully.

In opposite to what I could read here, my bootloader was unlocked before and still after the update.

The first time I ran the update I forgot to reflash stock recovery. The phone started updating and rebooted, but no changes had happened. After restoring stock recovery and downloading the update again, I successfully updated.

As I couldn't get root I restored Venom and downgraded my new hboot from 2.15 to 1.06.

Today I started a second try successfully without a glitch.

Basically I keep an untouched nandroid backup of every new rom installation on my local harddisk. This means in case of custom roms I do a nandroid before the first boot.
As this is not possible on stock recovery I change back to custom recovery after the first boot, doing my backup then. I'm just checking the needed boxes otherwise I only proceed during the setup - the complete customization is done afterwards.

In this case I restored a backup called 2012-08-23--08-18-16_htc_stock_2.31
Stock here means: No apps, no customizations, no nothing, simply: stock and supercid.

After that was done I restored apps with Titanium.

That's how it worked (pretty simple) Maybe this will help you find some reasons for what has happened to your devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vauix

v3n3

May 31, 2012
All people here seem to have SuperCID, I have not.
I got my ville for about 7 months now and never had SuperCID.

I did it like everytime:
-Wiped everything ( Data / Cache / System )
-Flashed Stock Recovery
-Relocked
-Flashed 2.31 Europe RUU in Bootloader ( yes, that works but I guess noone knows :p )
-Downloaded 4.1.1 Update and let the Device do its magic

Now my phone is bricked.
Strange enough, a good friend of mine whos barely able to use its phone, got the same issue.
Im 100% sure he doesnt have any modifications done to his device.

Already tried the Ubricking-Tutorial but the Partitions just dont show up :-/

Reactions: Vauix

muayyadf1

Jan 13, 2012
I did the super CID, too. No my phone is dead. Won't even charge.
I tried to do Enumerating the partitions but could only find up to 3. No 4 or 12.
Please help :crying:

andryyyy

Feb 2, 2011
SuperCID, German ONE S unbranded. Dead. :D

Unbrick/Downgrade instruction did not work here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

There are more and more reports coming in from people who ended up with a dead/bricked phone after the JellyBean Update 4.1.1 , 3.16.401.8 OTA. As you connect it to your PC you will soon find out it's in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode.

The purpose of this threat is to see how many people are affected, what people have done to attempt to recover their phone, and to find a possible solution (this chance seems rather small though).

There are alot of post about this in the JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion threat, starting from page 157.

There are 2 threats about it in Q&A:
    One S in QHSUSB_DLOAD mode
    My HTC to really died

Reported attempts to recover:
    QHSUSB_DLOAD Fix by team Unlimited
    Unbricking HTC devices with the QHSUSB_DLOAD issue tutorial by kgs1992
    Step 3 (and some others) from [TUT] Downgrade/Unbrick Ville S4
    Another HTC one V recover guide where i can't find the link for.

Please report here if you have this issue. Please mention your CID, in what country you downloaded the OTA, the software version you upgrade from and the hboot version.

Also any new ideas to recover our phones our self are welcome!

My phone:
    2.31 Unbranded Europe
    1.14 Hboot
    Downloaded in The Netherlands
    1111111 Supercid
    Hello, can some one of you plaese send me his bricked One S? I live in Germany,so a german person would be good:
    Contact me on tecardo@gmail.com or here on this forum.
    If the device doesn't work anymore, i will send it back as it is, and also will send back if it works again: I WILL NOT START PHONE, NOR WILL I READ ANYTHING OR DO ANYTHING WITH YOUR PRIVATE DATA. You can get this with a letter if you want.
    I only need a device with this error. I will wipe Phone if wanted.

Thanks.
    Noch ein Düsseldorfer ;P
    My phone is bricked too

but changed to 11111111

So does that mean if I run JB on HTC__001 CID it'll work ? Though I've T-Mob version of Jelly Bean I want WWE RUU to run.

No, t mobile has different MID. You need to s-off for that.

HTC_One_S | S-OFF | ViperOneS_2.2.0 | Black-Blue_Sense_Theme | ElementalX_4.2