[APP][2.2+] isDown? - Check for down sites

Search This thread

WasseemB

Nov 11, 2011
IsDown? is an application with the simplest of tasks to check whether a site is working or not.
Have you ever found yourself copying links from one site to another to finally realize that the site is not working then this is the solution.
Is-Down-Iconsmall.png

Extra Feature:
tinyUrl link creation.
Expanding shortened URL and where it redirects (Prevents friends pranking.)

2ugdrsy.jpg
idvfw9.png

Planned Features:
Add notification to make it faster to check and tinyUrl Create

Will Gladly accept feedback :angel:. and if there is someone who can help me with notification widgets please tell me :fingers-crossed:

Credit For the Feature graphic goes to Navneet Suresh.

PlayStore link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waswas.isdown

Attachments

• IsDown.apk
    438.8 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
Works like a charm!

Very simple app, that works as advertised.. Thanks and good job! A few little UI changes would be inviting. Waiting for the next updates..

WasseemB

Nov 11, 2011
Very simple app, that works as advertised.. Thanks and good job! A few little UI changes would be inviting. Waiting for the next updates..
Tell me the Ui updates you want and i will try to make them come true :fingers-crossed:
Am not great at ui designing :p am trying to do my best with what i know.

TheAltruistic

Dec 31, 2012
New York
For this type of app. I think it'd be a great idea to see a floating UI portion. I don't know how many times I wasn't sure if a site was down or I'm having a connection issue only to have my connection pop on and off and I'm forced to refresh a page which makes me lose some data if I'm filling out an e-form or something like that.

Just a thought. I wonder what you guys as devs think. :victory:

Navneet Suresh

Jun 25, 2013
/Universe/Earth/India/
IsDown? is an application with the simplest of tasks to check whether a site is working or not.
Have you ever found yourself copying links from one site to another to finally realize that the site is not working then this is the solution.

Extra Feature:
tinyUrl link creation.

Planned Features:

Will Gladly accept feedback :angel:. and if there is someone who can help me with notification widgets please tell me :fingers-crossed:

PlayStore link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waswas.isdown

Add Screenshots to this post this app looks promising,

WasseemB

Nov 11, 2011
For this type of app. I think it'd be a great idea to see a floating UI portion. I don't know how many times I wasn't sure if a site was down or I'm having a connection issue only to have my connection pop on and off and I'm forced to refresh a page which makes me lose some data if I'm filling out an e-form or something like that.

Just a thought. I wonder what you guys as devs think. :victory:
I will see if i can do it, hope it will be easy :p

WasseemB

Nov 11, 2011
Now this post looks attractive, :D :highfive:

BTW your app is nice improve the Interface i know it easy to say to improve the app interface as i am to making an app but am sure you can make the app look more attractive and add some cool features like *ability to search another link for the file with broken link
The thing is i don't have any idea how to improve UI :silly: give me an idea :)

Navneet Suresh

Jun 25, 2013
/Universe/Earth/India/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is-Down-Iconsmall.png

Extra Feature:
    tinyUrl link creation.

2ugdrsy.jpg
    idvfw9.png

Planned Features:

Credit For the Feature graphic goes to Navneet Suresh.

News:
    Added Support for Froyo and app. Some Testing maybe needed.
    Added Support To directly share from Browser to app.
    idea !!!

The thing is i don't have any idea how to improve UI :silly: give me an idea :)

Here's the image that shows the UI i suggest its upto you u can improve the interface by taking this idea as a base :D :good::highfive:

attachment.php